Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Skullz, just wanted to say thanks for this fantastic sound mod. I've been using it for quite a while, but this week I was fortunate enough to see a Huey IRL doing long-line forestry. I was absolutely blown away by just how accurate your sounds are! You absolutely nailed every aspect of how it sounds.

Edit - here's a vid I took with my phone for anyone interested:

Edited by RyboPops

this is awesome, thank you very much

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

this mod doesnt work on the latest version open beta....anybody that have a working version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Hey Skullz, just wanted to say thanks for this fantastic sound mod. I've been using it for quite a while, but this week I was fortunate enough to see a Huey IRL doing long-line forestry. I was absolutely blown away by just how accurate your sounds are! You absolutely nailed every aspect of how it sounds.

Edit - here's a vid I took with my phone for anyone interested:

Hey RyboPops, thanks for the compliment. Lots of time and effort went into making it so I appreciate the feedback.:thumbup:

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

this mod doesnt work on the latest version open beta....anybody that have a working version?

Hey skouras, I haven't tried it on the latest version, I've been flying the Hornet lately but when I get a chance I'll test it. Sometimes ED moves the sound files and the mod won't sound right because of it, or it may not work at all.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

This may be a stupid question but how do I activate it? I'm not sure if it's on now or not.

Tried JSGME and OvGME. Enabled it and still doesn't work.

It could be broken due to an ED update, I will check it as soon as I can and upload an update.

So I had a chance to test the sound mod over the weekend and it seems to be working on my computer, which is using the lastest beta, fine; so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for others.

As far as fixing the issue, the only thing I can think of is try turning the mod off in OVGME and then run a repair, then turn it back on in OVGME. I’m not saying this is the cause of your issues but just in case, you should always turn all mods off before updating DCS or you will inevitably run into issues.

Great. Thanks. Is there anyway to confirm that your sounds have overwritten the original files?

If the chopper sounds okay-ish, with a hollow touch, the mod doesn't work.

If you set yourself on the ground with a Huey on approach and then your subwoofer takes care of of removing the dishes from the table, the mod is properly installed.

If the chopper sounds okay-ish, with a hollow touch, the mod doesn't work.

If you set yourself on the ground with a Huey on approach and then your subwoofer takes care of of removing the dishes from the table, the mod is properly installed.

exactly. back in the day when I flew 2D and Trackir, I would have my 5.1 A/V receiver and sub-woofer cranked up. The first time flying with Skullz mod, my wife came over to the game room and wondered if a chopper was actually flying overhead. incredible mod he's created. sound is so immersive!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So I had a chance to test the sound mod over the weekend and it seems to be working on my computer, which is using the lastest beta, fine; so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for others.

As far as fixing the issue, the only thing I can think of is try turning the mod off in OVGME and then run a repair, then turn it back on in OVGME. I’m not saying this is the cause of your issues but just in case, you should always turn all mods off before updating DCS or you will inevitably run into issues.

Does JSGME also still Work? I’m not sure mine is pointing to the new directory. Is there a way to check the file path?

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for sounding a bit thick.

I don't use JSGME. I just normally put my mods directly into the Saved game folder.

Where should this go?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.