[W.I.P]TWS ???

Alphamale

• ED Team

Correct, TWS is currently W.I.P and will be added as the early access continues

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ok ty

Remember that:

Following the early access release:

Sensors:

-A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL

-A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA

-AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod

-Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

-Link-16

-AWW-13 Datalink Pod

-NVGs

Weapons:

-AGM-88C HARM

-AGM-45A/B Shrike

-AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon

-AGM-84E SLAM

-AGM-84H SLAM-ER

-AGM-65E Maverick

-AGM-65F/G Maverick

-AGM-154A JSOW

-AGM-154C JSOW

-Walleye I ER/DL

-Walleye II ER/DL

-GBU-10 Paveway II

-GBU-12 Paveway II

-GBU-16 Paveway II

-GBU-24B/B Paveway III

-GBU-38 JDAM

-GBU-31 JDAM

-GBU-32 JDAM

-AIM-9X Sidewinder

-AIM-7P Sparrow

-AIM-120B/C AMRAAM

-Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine

-Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine

-Mk-77 Fire Bomb

--Decoys:

-ADM-141 TALD

-GEN-X

Is there a resource where it gives an explanation of what all the radar modes are? I've looked in the NATOPs but I missed if it it's explained there.

These are what I understand so far.

A/A radar modes:

TWS - Track While Scan

SCAN RAID - Gives an expanded view of an area of airspace to separate aircraft that are close together

AZ/EL - ???

A/G radar modes:

MAP - I believe this is the SAR imaging mode

EXP1 - ???

EXP2 - ???

EXP3 - ???

SEA - Used for locating ships

GMT - ???

PVU - ???

AGR - ???

IRA - ???

TA - ???

EXP 1/2/3 are expanded scale high res radar mapping modes sub mode of Fixed target track

AGR. Air-to-Ground Ranging. For weapons delivery accuracy. (Mentioned by IvanK in CCIP bombing)

GMT. Ground Moving Target. (For picking up v ehicles on the move)

Sub mode GMTT which tracks a GMT

PVU. Precision Velocity Update. For measuring groundspeed for INS updating and short term weapons delivery accuracy.

TA terrain avoidance

IRA - not sure

AZ/EL guessing azimuth/elevation what for not sure.

Edited by DGC338

EXP 1/2/3 are expanded scale high res radar mapping modes

AGR. Air-to-Ground Ranging. For weapons delivery accuracy. (Mentioned by IvanK in CCIP bombing)

GMT. Ground Moving Target. (For picking up v ehicles on the move)

Sub mode GMTT which tracks a GMT

PVU. Precision Velocity Update. For measuring groundspeed for INS updating and short term weapons delivery accuracy.

TA terrain avoidance

IRA - not sure

Terrain Avoidance?? This platform can do NOE?

:megalol:Aim-9x plus JHMCS!

Now we can start a party!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

• 1 month later...

Is there a priority list on the forum?

(for example:

1. TWS

2. AMRAAM

3. AIM-9X(+JHMCS)

4. TALD

5. AGM-88

6. A/G-radar

7. TG-pod

8. AGM-65

I could imagine many would agree with this order. Or is there a vote on priority on the forum?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

(for example:

1. TWS

2. AMRAAM

3. AIM-9X(+JHMCS)

4. TALD

5. AGM-88

6. A/G-radar

7. TG-pod

8. AGM-65

I could imagine many would agree with this order. Or is there a vote on priority on the forum?)

hahaha vote on priority????

That's not how development works!

(for example:

1. TWS

2. AMRAAM

3. AIM-9X(+JHMCS)

4. TALD

5. AGM-88

6. A/G-radar

7. TG-pod

8. AGM-65

There can be as many different priority list as there is people on the forum, as each of us has their own priority likes, your list quoted, i'd named it « AMRAAM/Cheesy BVRer Priority List » ;)

Mine was, Carrier op and navigation likes, or call it « Chicken Navigator/flyer not BVRing on public servers priority list » :) And guess what, Cross Track Error Indicator came on last patch or so and last component for it is comming soon maybe in next patch, the ICLS. :megalol:

Patience my friend, we'll all have what we wish for, if you waited as long as i did for the Hornet, 8 years since i doscovered DCS and before it was even mentionned i was dreaming of it, each new features at new patches is like Xmast for me each time. :)

Radar is the hardest thing to do in a sim unless it's going to be complete B.S.
In the sim, you always know exactly were the target is. The sim code needs to determine whether to show a blip or not. IRL radar is a lot harder.

In the sim, you always know exactly were the target is. The sim code needs to determine whether to show a blip or not. IRL radar is a lot harder.

You make it sound easy, but that part about determining whether to show the blip is the hard part... Coding a realistic representation of a RADAR is extremely complex and involves a ton of variables. Easy to make a very simplified RADAR ala FC3 style, but MUCH harder to do an accurate study sim level representation.

You make it sound easy, but that part about determining whether to show the blip is the hard part... Coding a realistic representation of a RADAR is extremely complex and involves a ton of variables. Easy to make a very simplified RADAR ala FC3 style, but MUCH harder to do an accurate study sim level representation.

FC3 radar is not as simple as you imply. It's actually modeled / simulated in great detail, but there are simplifications, such as IFF.

FC3 radar is not as simple as you imply. It's actually modeled / simulated in great detail, but there are simplifications, such as IFF.

My point is that FC3 is a simplification compared to the level that they are doing the Hornet RADAR. I know that the coding in FC3 is a lot more complex than most people realize, but the Hornet is getting an even more complex implementation.

I'm guessing if any core updated radar fundamentals that are updated for the hornet? Will also make it over to some other aircraft. F-15, Su-27 etc. That would make sense to me as these aircraft will be fighting each other in MP and need the same complexity and quirks their radars have. I was putting the hurt on quite a few F-18's the other day in the J-11 while they don't have all the toys implemented.:) (That's got to be frustrating a little) Testing out the new R77's and the good old sneaky ER's with IRST (That's always fun), hope work on missiles also come around at some point. Nice to have a ARH missile to use, even if the range is not that great.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link