Pitot Tube Selector

Frederf

The pitot tube selector handle is desynchronized in appearance at initialization. It appears in the standby position visually but is (assumed) programmatically in the main position.

When the handle is clicked for the first time there is no visual change as the handle is moved programmatically to the standby position which it already is visually. The click by appearance has changed nothing. After that moment the visual and programmatic position are synchronized.

In other news is there anyone that knows a reliable way to get pitot icing?

Screen_180629_141550.jpg.294f5a6f267839beb82fac6dd637be8f.jpg

I want icing specifically. The idea is to get icing without either pitot heater running and then see which switch thaws which pitot selection. I'm pretty sure that the "" position is main and "/" is standby.

^ That's how it is indeed, so on Frederf's screenie above the visible position marks standby, while transparent marks main.

I seem to recall the MiG did have the pitot icing implemented, but I don't know how to check it now. I did spend some time yesterday flying the Mustang first on winter map, with anything from -10 to +3 degrees, precipitation and not, through the visual clouds and through hypothetic-invisible clouds (because apparently clouds in 2.5 got fubared and they don't render at the altitude mission editor tells them to) and for the life of me I couldn't get the damn icing to show up, even though I remember many versions ago flying through clouds on winter map was the easiest and reliable way to provoke icing. Sigh... Is it one another thing that got bugged in 2.5.xx? Has anyone exprienced icing in one of recent versions?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I always thought this was right in that you got the 'handle' on the lower end and the 'indicator' on the top?

That's what I think too. The shorter tab on top of the handle points at the selected pitot.

I always thought this was right in that you got the 'handle' on the lower end and the 'indicator' on the top?

Look at the "wings" shape near the text. The text is associated with that lobe of the shape.

Standby /\ Main

When the handle is in the \ orientation it matches the lobe of the /\ shape which has the Main text label. Anyway that's what I get from looking at videos of MiG-21s in flight. I assume they're flying around in the primary pitot setting. It also makes sense that the handle is out of the way.

• 7 months later...