[PRESS AND HOLD] ON / OFF Button Requiring Multiple Presses

Bunny Clark

This one has been bothering me for ages and I just keep forgetting to post about. Weird I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so either everyone else is living with it too or it's only me?

I find the UFC ON / OFF button frequently requires me to hit it repeatedly to get it to work. This seems to be especially prevalent at startup, and even more so when trying to turn on the datalink, I'll need to click the button 3 - 7 times before ON actually displays.

Toggling TACAN and ILS when in the air seems to usually require fewer buttons presses.

How fast are you clicking the mouse button? Sometimes I find that clicking once very fast doesn't give the UFC button enough time to fully depress; I've encountered the same thing when typing numbers into the UFC with the numpad as well. The launch bar switch is a really good example of this, if you click it and release before the switch has fully engaged, it will revert back to its original state.

What I've started doing ever since then is holding the mouse button for a split second longer and typing just a tad slower just to ensure the animation of the buttons depressing plays out.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Yep, just hold it a little longer. I have a programmable "keyboard" that I use AutoHotKey to press various buttons for me and the on/off button was always a problem until I figured out how to make it hold the key down briefly rather than just the quick press that it did by default. I agree that the UFC numpad and launch bars are also a challenge in this way.