ASW Helicopters & Fixed Wing

RaTzo

I would absolutely love to see a CH-124 Sea King in the game. Now that submersibles are finding their way in we need to add ASW into the mix.

While I'm personally partial to the CH-124A variant, it could begin with the B models which use the same sorts of systems used on fixed wing ASW aircraft.

I have expertise on both these airframes MAD, SONO, and SONAR systems. Would be willing to consult.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can sort of simulate ASW with fixed wing aircraft like the S-3 using the ground attack option, drop a bomb like a Mk-82 from the bomb bay as a stand in for a torpedo, use bomb in zone to set a flag, then set a trigger based off that flag using "time since flag" with say a 30 second delay, and then use explode unit to blow up a submerged submarine nearby.

It looks fairly realistic.

You can sort of simulate ASW with fixed wing aircraft like the S-3 using the ground attack option, drop a bomb like a Mk-82 from the bomb bay as a stand in for a torpedo, use bomb in zone to set a flag, then set a trigger based off that flag using "time since flag" with say a 30 second delay, and then use explode unit to blow up a submerged submarine nearby.

It looks fairly realistic.

ED incoming the Mine bomb on F/A-18C Hornet

-Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine

-Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine

That can be efective vs ships and submarines, that can be add to S-3, not strangle ED add ASW torpedoes on ships, helos and aircraft on a future, as Depth charges.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

It seems like the new current DCS ecosystem of expanded naval operations is really going to make the S-3 Viking capabilities very useful. The S-3 would be be the only aircraft that can do anti-submarine warfare, aerial refueling, surface surveillance, surface warfare and electronic warfare. And on top of that it can operate off carrier decks. It even has a built in APU capable of unassisted starts.S-3-Viking_010.jpg

• 4 months later...