F-14 Q1 2020 Mini-Update

Cobra847

I would prefer to say asap instead, as you see whenever we try and give estimates we tend to fall a bit on our face again. We'll do everything to have it out as quickly as we can. And ofc, we hope that is Q1.

Thanks for the update.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance to implement an 80s refit Iowa class BB like the USS Missouri into the Forrestal CBGs ?

That would be epic.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Any chance to implement an 80s refit Iowa class BB like the USS Missouri into the Forrestal CBGs ?

Perhaps a bit of a pipe dream, but +1000!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Yes, yes yes yes. I'd absolutely love to see an Iowa refit. Battle Group Echo, please.

How about the 16-imch hi s too? Nothing says "hello" quite like an explosive with the mass of the VW raining down on you at 2600 feet per second.

So what's the deal with the Forrestal's wires? I read that it had 6 at one point and then it was cut to 4 but this one has 5...

I think that what you are seeing is the arresting gear associated with the Barrier. We just can't see the stantions that are retracted down on the deck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

** The quote feature failed for this. Not sure why.**

Calinho,

Someone already has a mod for that on the B model. It gives you a clean easy to read cockpit. This should be an option for the F-14 Tomcat to begin with. If you're just started learning it helps if you're able to read the cockpit labels. Anyway, you can find it in the DCS user files.

Hope this helped.

sBryansGames

Edited by sBryansGames

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am really excited about the A and I was wondering if there's some sort of an ETA, or chance we could get an Iranian version of the f14a? Thanks for the great work <3

Considering our great misfortune with giving dates, hehe, I would for now simply say: soon. We kinda tend to fall on our faces if we try to give estimates. So my apologies for that.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Considering our great misfortune with giving dates, hehe, I would for now simply say: soon. We kinda tend to fall on our faces if we try to give estimates. So my apologies for that.

hmm...so no date. What about a percentage completion for the A? That might give a better estimate without giving a date ;)

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

over 0%:D

And less than 100%. :D:D

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Soon could be around 75% :lol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• 2 weeks later...
Would really love to know what the word "Soon" truly embodies. Here's to hoping we can see the Forrestal soon!

Anywhere from 1 month to a year.

But that isn't HB's fault as much as it isn't ED's.

Constant patching means constant fixing because of new features implemented, most people use the Beta branch of the sim, which has errors in it, and they still complain.

And that's where the crux of it is. We want all the shiny new gadgets but are miffed that the paint isn't dry yet. :music_whistling:

And to Heatblur, keep up the good work. You guys are amazing. All the time. I cannot thank you enough.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

• 2 weeks later...
Would really love to know what the word "Soon" truly embodies.

Well some for some other company people have speculated it's somewhere along those lines: :lol:

Soon™: Copyright <company>. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <company> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, <company> does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as <company> will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

"Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

:joystick:

I do believe HB will deliver the Forrestal prior to that though :smilewink: