VSN flyable aircraft mods

OK So I just downloaded the VSN_F-16...How do I install it?

Sierra?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Razor is it possible to change the cockpit for the F-16A. I like having the F-15 cockpit for US fighter mods. I tired to change it myself but the F-15 cockpit still using the A-10 avonics.

If you could fix that and send me a link Id owe ya brother. Salute!

I know I want the F-16 A and the other variant that has the Su-27 to have the F-15 cockpit as well. In other words I would like all four models to have the F-15 cockpit and avionics.

The last time I click on one of the windows command prompts it messed my game up and I had to reinstall it. I am hoping that Razor can give me all 4 models with the F-15 cockpit.

I know I want the F-16 A and the other variant that has the Su-27 to have the F-15 cockpit as well. In other words I would like all four models to have the F-15 cockpit and avionics.

The last time I click on one of the windows command prompts it messed my game up and I had to reinstall it. I am hoping that Razor can give me all 4 models with the F-15 cockpit.

"CMD File-All F-15C Cockpit.zip"

unpack in "VSN_F16" folder.

run cmd file "02 F-15C-A10A-Su25-Avionics - All F-15C Cockpit.cmd".

A little late to the party seeing that you guys updated the aircraft to 1.5.5. Thank you! I enjoy flying around in these AC in missions, getting different perspectives, etc. I appreciate your hard work to keep these updated as the patches move forward! :thumbup:

question to the VSN F16 mod: is the new 3d model still appearing in the 1.5.5 Version ? I get the VSN F16 Versions all flyable ,but it appears with vanilla DCS low res.. F16 model

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Thanks for this package, really enjoying it, specially the F-14 and the F-4 (Tomcatz)!

Question on the F-4: would it be possible to remove the model cockpit and pilot so the virtual cockpit can be positioned in that space without the interference of the model?

Thanks again:thumbup:

Edited by Moebius

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula, 16GigRam, DX11, 1x SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, 1x SSD Intel 530 Series 250GB, Win10 Pro, MSI Duke GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, TM HOTAS Warthog, Mad Catz Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1, Sharp 70 inch AQUOS Quattron LED LCD HDTV

had a hunch it would be due to something like this as your other planes (F-18, F-14,..) don't have this issue.

In all cases, I'll take it and happy to have an F-4 even if I have to sit on the lap of another guy while I fly it!

Thanks for your hard work allowing us to fly these birds in DCS

Edited by Moebius

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula, 16GigRam, DX11, 1x SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, 1x SSD Intel 530 Series 250GB, Win10 Pro, MSI Duke GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, TM HOTAS Warthog, Mad Catz Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1, Sharp 70 inch AQUOS Quattron LED LCD HDTV

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to make the F-14 AFM be able to use it's tailhook and not slide off the deck when set to start on the carrier? I love the way it flies.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Is there a way to make the F-14 AFM be able to use it's tailhook and not slide off the deck when set to start on the carrier? I love the way it flies.

Not at the moment, maybe when ED rewrites the code for the interaction between the carrier deck and the PFM/AFM

• Like 1

I too am enjoying this mod, thanks to all the efort put in. I have Some questions:

SEAD

The Tornado works well as a SEAD aircraft with the alarm, the F18 though it can carry the AGm 88 seems more problematic does anyone have the 88c working well with the F/A 18.

Re F18 I can ground stabilize the FLIR but not really lock things up for LGB drop..Any tips?

Re The Harrier, Can this thing make a stol or vtol landing? I can see that the flaps move the engine nozzle, but not sure if it does anything.

Anyway..great mod.

Los

Such an amazing set of mods, I've really enjoyed the F-14 and 18.

Which Tornado/avionics are you using to do this? I can't get any missiles or bombs to fire. I can cycle between them in the HUD, I am able to lock on to targets with the target cursor/TV pod, but I only have a 'weapon fire' option which will fire the cannon (in that mode), but nothing will release my bombs or fire the Sea Eagles and Alarms. I would love to do SEAD and anti-ship stuff in the Tornado.

Edit: I just noticed that when I run the A-10A or SU-25T .cmd files in the Tornado mod folder, nothing changes and the 'VSN_Tornado_cpt' zip that is inside the textures folder only contains files for the SU-27.

So I re-downloaded the 'VSN_Tornado v1.5.6.02 (Avionik mit CMD auswaelen)' and this is indeed all it contains. Am I missing something?

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Such an amazing set of mods, I've really enjoyed the F-14 and 18.

Which Tornado/avionics are you using to do this? I can't get any missiles or bombs to fire. I can cycle between them in the HUD, I am able to lock on to targets with the target cursor/TV pod, but I only have a 'weapon fire' option which will fire the cannon (in that mode), but nothing will release my bombs or fire the Sea Eagles and Alarms. I would love to do SEAD and anti-ship stuff in the Tornado.

Edit: I just noticed that when I run the A-10A or SU-25T .cmd files in the Tornado mod folder, nothing changes and the 'VSN_Tornado_cpt' zip that is inside the textures folder only contains files for the SU-27.

So I re-downloaded the 'VSN_Tornado v1.5.6.02 (Avionik mit CMD auswaelen)' and this is indeed all it contains. Am I missing something?

You can't do anti-ship since the Su-25T/A-10A can't do it. About the other things, I'll test it and report what I've found

So......are these still working with the latest updates?? I tried the F-4 recently as a JSGME selectable mod and it wouldn't show up in my mission editor as a flayable plane.

which F-4 mod? There are two and the latest version works for me

for the tornado, i'm able to lauch the alarms and drop bombs

you need to map the "weapons release" button in order to be able to use other weapons