DCS Aircraft Service Years - Spreadsheet

Jarlerus

another date caught my eye

the F15C date could be changed to 1991. because while the initial F15C's started coming out in 1979, what we have represented in DCS is the F15C MSIP II ( Multistage product improvement Package 2) since it has the MFD display , newer ECM, an AN/APG 63 with PSP function , NCTR ( NON cooperative Target Recognition), as well as acess to the Aim120 amram series, which are traits of a MSIP improved F15C vs the earlier "vanilla" F15C.

While first flown in 1985, the MSIP 2, the program was still underway, but it was decided To provide them ASAP to the AF due to the GULF war coming up. the was first f15C MSIP 2s were rushed to combat service in operation Desert Storm, before the Aim120 was available, so im guessing circa 1991 would be considered to have Operational Status.

Sources, and if your interested for some reading.

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f15_25.html

http://www.ausairpower.net/Profile-F-15A-D.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Also the Mirag2000C in DCS is not the initial version from 1984, with the RDM radar. It using a improved RDI Radar introduced later in 1987 on the M2000C

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Regarding weapons ( a2a missiles specifically)

As a sidenote regarding weapons.

heres some links

http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-Sidewinder-94.html

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/FactSheets/Display/tabid/224/Article/104557/aim-9-sidewinder.aspx

Aim9B ( or gar8 for USAF designation until the mid 60s) was operationally available as early as 1956 starting with the NAVY , 1958 was just its Combat debut in the Taiwain Straight Crisis of 1958 and the Aim9M was operational first in 1983, not 1991.

1991 saw introduction of newer aim9M newer blocks but its unclear if this version we have in DCS as it just designated the Aim9M

Regarding AIm9P we have 2 versions. Aim9 P( unclear which version but certainly Pre p4 as it is rear aspect) and then the another one designated Aim9 P5 that came with the F5E3. which is a all aspect seeker head conversion.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Thanks, Kev2go! Pure gold. =)

I've updated the list accordingly.

//Jarl

also update the P dates. based on the second link i provided which was directly from USAF, it says deliveries of the Aim9P began 1978. Still not specifying which block it applies to, but not 1972. That would be the Aim9J, which is not in DCS. I dont think we have the P4 in DCS the First P is unspecified, i dont think its a P4 because Its a rear aspect missile, P4 and P5 ( yes P5 is here ) are all aspect conversions, whilst P, P1-P3 were still rear aspect. I also suspect P5 may have come later than 78 if its using seeker head technologies from the aim9M.

EDIT:

also to note we have 2 versions of the R60. the "vanilla" R60 from 1974, and then the R60M which is a limited all apsect seeker. a newer R60 which entered service circa 1982.

regarding Russian legacy radar guided missiles You should add the R23R ( SARH) and the R23T ( IR) . Came before the R24 series. Serviced in 1974, and the improved R24 already in your list series began showing up a year later in 1975.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

also update the P dates. based on the second link i provided which was directly from USAF, it says deliveries of the Aim9P began 1978. Still not specifying which block it applies to, but not 1972. That would be the Aim9J, which is not in DCS. I dont think we have the P4 in DCS the First P is unspecified, i dont think its a P4 because Its a rear aspect missile, P4 and P5 ( yes P5 is here ) are all aspect conversions, whilst P, P1-P3 were still rear aspect. I also suspect P5 may have come later than 78 if its using seeker head technologies from the aim9M.

EDIT:

also to note we have 2 versions of the R60. the "vanilla" R60 from 1974, and then the R60M which is a limited all apsect seeker. a newer R60 which entered service circa 1982.

regarding Russian legacy radar guided missiles You should add the R23R ( SARH) and the R23T ( IR) . Came before the R24 series. Serviced in 1974, and the improved R24 already in your list series began showing up a year later in 1975.

Thanks! =)

F4E phantom is not from 1965. The first ones entered service within the USAF in 1967.

however there were also further improved blocks of the F4E.

In 1972 the F4E block 48 ( batch 71-0237) &onwards had leading edge wing slats added, improving maneuverability, and reducing the stall speed. this upgrade was also then applied via retrofit to earlier E phantoms.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-4e.htm

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f4_11.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

F4E phantom is not from 1965. The first ones entered service within the USAF in 1967.

however there were also further improved blocks of the F4E.

In 1972 the F4E block 48 ( batch 71-0237) &onwards had leading edge wing slats added, improving maneuverability, and reducing the stall speed. this upgrade was also then applied via retrofit to earlier E phantoms.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-4e.htm

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f4_11.html

I'll correct it to 1967.

As for the upgrades, I'll keep it at 1967, and leave the specific block version to an eventual developer to choose :)

I know I picked a block fro the F-16, but I generally like to keep it a bit open for choice, and having multiple blocks in a module. It would benefit us users in the end ^^

//Jarl.

• 1 month later...

RAZBAM announced 2 new projects. Mig23MLA and mig19P project.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178596

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

So, does anyone know for how long the MiG-23MLA and/or MiG-19P where in service? =)

I don't know what version of the MiG-19P they are going to make, so until then I will assume the worst, and just put the one that entered production in 1955.

//Jarl

Edited by Jarlerus

The J35F draken was taken out of Swedish service in 1991 but Finland still used second had J35F1's called J35FS until they got all their F/A-18 Hornets !

There it was in service until 2000

Cool! Thanks, Fixed it =)

/Jarl

FYI, I just checked one of my books, and the A-4E (A4D-5) first flight was 12 July 1961. First squadron delivery was in December 1962 to VA-23.

The last user of the A-4E to my knowledge was Israel, with some of their A-4E shipments (designated A-4H, using a different cannon) still in "operational storage" as of 2004, having undergone avionics upgrades.

Indonesia had purchased some of the A-4H from Israel (via the US as a middleman) in 1979, but the squadron was decommissioned in 1995, and the planes put into storage in 2004. Their current state is unknown, but likely unflyable.

Edited by gospadin

FYI, I just checked one of my books, and the A-4E (A4D-5) first flight was 12 July 1961. First squadron delivery was in December 1962 to VA-23.

The last user of the A-4E to my knowledge was Israel, with some of their A-4E shipments (designated A-4H, using a different cannon) still in "operational storage" as of 2004, having undergone avionics upgrades.

Indonesia had purchased some of the A-4H from Israel (via the US as a middleman) in 1979, but the squadron was decommissioned in 1995, and the planes put into storage in 2004. Their current state is unknown, but likely unflyable.

Cool! So the 1962 intro date is confirmed. The exit date is more difficult, as it's hard to determine what version it really was/became during the years.

I can't find my source again now, but I'm fairly happy with 1998 at the moment.

/Jarl

• 1 month later...
This is GREAT!

Thank you for putting it together!

Any chance of incorporating, e.g. SAM's? Or other land units?

Hmm. Interesting idea. It would be quite easy to add another sheet, or just put SAM-weapon systems to the weapons list.

I can start the structure in the document, but for service dates for land units, I'll need some help ^^

First: Will it be necessary to separate between "land units" and their weapon systems? It's mostly down to how they are represented in DCS I think.

I'll start with a sheet for units, and I'll be happy if you post the service dates for any unit that is a personal favorite of yours (everyone is free to post, ofc! ^^ ) =)

//Jarl

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've updated the list with the WIP-stuff from Deka Ironworks Simulations, and OctopusG. I've also put notes on the "in dev" entries that are not official 3rd party developers.

I would appreciate if someone could verify/correct the service years on the I-16 Type 24 as well ^^

//Jarl

• 5 months later...

Great list! I have a couple remarks.

1. The F-4E being modeled by Belsimtek would seem to be a late 70's version, possibly 1977 or so, according to this topic (I can't vouch for the exact date though).

2. The initial version of the Gazelle may have been introduced in 1973, but the SA 342M1 (with Viviane) was introduced in or circa 1998 AFAIK. For the other versions, I have found 1996 for the Mistral-equipped one (after initial tests called Gazelle Celtic in 1990-1991). Not sure for the SA 342L. More in-depth research might be warranted.

Great list! I have a couple remarks.

Thanks!

I marked the F-4E as "probably the 80's version" as per BST's own words, but the reference you gave me is the most robust reference yet. I'll set it as fr.1977 for the moment =)

As for the Gazelle, I'll mark it up on it's timeline with the different versions.

//Jarl.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...