Fixed the A/P 3 position switch for you!

Krag6

In the attachment there's a mod that fixes the 3 position ALT/ATT switch, very nice especially for the warthog throttle.

If dev's would like to use the code, you got my permission for it (not sure if its needed). Changes are in the Joystick control section. If you got any questions, post em up here.

Patching, or repairing the game will most likely wipe the mod.

If you want to keep it id use a mod manager like OVGME.

If this break's anything, I'm not responsible for it. Do at your own risk.

F16 Fixed AP.zip

Edited by Krag6

Which switch? For the lower right corner 3 way toggle the switch only natively sends input in the up and down position. Only way to get 3 functions is to do one of the above. Same goes for all of the hogs 3 ways except perhaps the flaps switch. Not sure off my head but it may send 3 signals natively.

Just saw theres another thread where a limited number of people that claim to have that switch sending 3 signals, one for each position, supposedly without any use of mods or programming. I find that suspicious however as in windows joystick control panel the switch only registers a signal when moved up or down. Otherwise it would send a hold signal for some dx button input while in the middle position. Unless theres some sort of manufacturing variation in some of the throttles it simply shouldnt be happening. My guess is that people have at some point installed something that makes it function this way whether they remember doing so or not.

Edited by Talonx1

All is explained in the other thread. You may think you have it programmed when youre on the ground but you do not. Not properly anyway. As I said initially its very easy to accomplish in target. I dont understand why so many people are adverse to using proper hotas programming. Spend potentially hundreds on sticks then waste their potential. See it all the time on Elite dangerous forums, ppl who refuse to actually program their hotas and then claim they dont have enough buttons. :joystick::doh:

All is explained in the other thread. You may think you have it programmed when youre on the ground but you do not. Not properly anyway. As I said initially its very easy to accomplish in target. I dont understand why so many people are adverse to using proper hotas programming. Spend potentially hundreds on sticks then waste their potential. See it all the time on Elite dangerous forums, ppl who refuse to actually program their hotas and then claim they dont have enough buttons. :joystick::doh:

TARGET caused me no end of problems when I used to use it, the TARGET software would hiccup and my HOTAS would disconnect mid flight, resulting me in me lawn darting. This happened A LOT and I tried everything to stop it, including swapping all my devices to different USB ports and then to a powered USB hub... nope, still happening. In the end I dropped TARGET and all my problems went away. I am not the only person to have these problems, including a couple of my friends who also dumped TARGET for similar reasons. So there are valid reasons for not using the TARGET software.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

If thats so then its so. Personally I've been using the supplied software since my first thrustmaster mk1 and have never had an issue I wasnt able to resolve through a little effort. Most recently was in fact with target software when I first got it. Resolved it by disabling MS store which for some useleas reason effects joystick recognition.

Alright, for clarification. After replacing the files, you will have new options in "Special for Joystick options".

Just bind em there and it works. If you think it worked before, it didn't. It may look like it did when you got weight on wheels, but as soon as u went up you only had 2 positions without a neutral.

Some people don't want to rebind shit in buggy-ass target software, wipe 30 planes worth of controls that you set over the years.