I had a near perfect Case 1 approach/landing but...

streakeagle

The replay track system just isn't accurate enough to allow me to make a video of my best landing yet. While trying to recreate the mission, the timing is a bit off, resulting in the aircraft and carrier not being in the same places they should have been. So, the F-14 tries to touchdown on the water, and fails to catch a wire. Every time a play it again, it plays out a little bit differently, but never the way it looked when I actually flew the mission.

At least I took a screenshot at the time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=226965&stc=1&d=1581304313

Screen_200209_000723.thumb.png.2043404a0c6a715933990db10d582c6b.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's been a while since I looked at a track of my own, but in the past I was able to sometimes fix this problem by pausing at the start of the track replay, and doing a full wipeout of all my controls. So stick, rudder, throttle. Then unpause and let the track play.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Slightly off topic: Good job on the slope and lineup. The only thing it looks like you need to improve on from the screenshot is your time in the groove, it’s about 20 seconds too long.

On topic: it’s a bummer that the replay isn’t working so you can watch it and see what you did to be able to critique the full approach

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

It's been a while since I looked at a track of my own, but in the past I was able to sometimes fix this problem by pausing at the start of the track replay, and doing a full wipeout of all my controls. So stick, rudder, throttle. Then unpause and let the track play.

What do you mean by « wipeout » ?

Thanks

What do you mean by « wipeout » ?

Thanks

Move your controls through their entire range of motion.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Slightly off topic: Good job on the slope and lineup. The only thing it looks like you need to improve on from the screenshot is your time in the groove, it’s about 20 seconds too long.

On topic: it’s a bummer that the replay isn’t working so you can watch it and see what you did to be able to critique the full approach

As you can see from the track, I didn't come out of my turn at 3/4 of a mile... quite a bit further back. I frequently have trouble trimming out at 600 feet at correct AOA on speed indication and end up turning a little late and/or turning a little too slow. Since I am lined up well past the range limits of the evaluation track, I am pretty sure I started the turn late on this attempt and also went a little wide.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I frequently have trouble trimming out at 600 feet at correct AOA on speed indication and end up turning a little late and/or turning a little too slow.

I had the same issue as you. And I followed a buddy piece of advice...just work the throttle and stick.

You won't be perfectly trimmed, so work the throttle and stick, trim in the process to ease your work.

It did work better for me, even if I still have lot of room for improvement :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Can you reproduce this?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/