[WISHLIST] New A10C suite as a Paid upgrade

falcon_120

If it's modern & crippled, I'm not paying for it, as a dissenting voice. Sure HMD would be nice, but 20+ year old avionics are still plenty - I'd be more interested in a full fidelity A-10A upgrade.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

+1 Snoopy! Right now the USAF is still in a minor bit of hot water with the public for trying to cancel the A-10 program, and could use a little good will from fans of the A-10, so negotiating an updated sim contract isn't out of the question. So it sure doesn't hurt to ask, and let ED know the interest is still there!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I had a big jonny bravo eyebrow looking at the "retail version" ... it's really gonna happen, DANG!!! A-10C Suite update all the way! (But it should come with another separate selection so we can play the old/existing suite too)

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

What's this "suit" everyone's talking about?

You guys mean a new 3D model?

I really like the current one actually (at least from vr cockpit perspective)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

What's this "suit" everyone's talking about?

You guys mean a new 3D model?

I really like the current one actually (at least from vr cockpit perspective)

Additional sensor and data sharing capabilities along with a helmet-mounted display of its own.

There are many things the current real world Hogs can see on their TAD that we don’t in DCS.

The company line has always been that we have all we’re allowed to have in DCS per the contract between ED and the USAF and any additional upgrades would require a renegotiation of that contract.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

The updated cockpit and external model will make me very happy. My knowledge of what HMCS and suite 7 plus would bring to DCD and the A-10C makes me wish we’d get an upgrade that I would pay full price for.

For the life of me I can’t understand why people feel the need to come into a wishlist thread and repeat the “ED can’t because they have an agreement with the USAF” line. We all know that but it shouldn’t stop people from expressing their desires. Maybe if enough spoke up ED would consider trying to update the agreement with the Air Force.

+1 :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

People will stop saying it when ED’s policy is changed.

Until that happens, it’s as gospel as any other “feature complete” response for anything else in DCS be it module, map or set of capabilities.

No, there’s no harm in asking, but doing so constantly is as much a broken record as responding with the contract situation.

If/When this policy changes, I’m pretty sure we’ll find out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 3 months later...
He just says "a weathered cockpit for the retail version later". Doesn't say anything about suite upgrades unfortunately.

they mentioned enhanced capabilities in a newsletter

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

To quote " Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C. Once the new features have been finalized, we look forward to sharing them with you.

In addition to DCS: A-10C Warthog 2 being available as a new module that will replace DCS: A-10C Warthog, it will also be available to existing A-10C Warthog owners at a significant discount."

This strongly implies the paid retail upgrade will include enhanced new capabilities not present for current version of A10C in game beyond a "weathered cockpit"

More recently in an interview mostly focused on P47, Nick Grey mentioned helmet cueing system.

a direct question to is asked by a GR member to expand and clarify on the earlier statement made at 10:05 ( specifically 10:54)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD