Supercarrier Package Clarification?

Steve Gee

Will the new Kuznetsov be under the same restrictions as the Supercarrier module? Meaning, you have to own it to takeoff/land from it.

If so, how's that going to be handled in online missions? Will we have to have two Kuznetsovs available now?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Speaking of the Kuznetsov, will the basic Kuznetsov be updated in terms of model and textures? If I remember correctly the Stennis was going to be, so I don't see why the Kuznetsov shouldn't and it should be locked behind a paywall. Specially since it won't have the deck crew animation and probably won't have many of the fancy stuff the supercarrier has either. So what's the point then?

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I’m usually the person arguing in favor of ED DLC, but if I have to pay the full pre order price to get an updated Kuznetsov and it’s just a bundled extra and not the main course.....So many people buying this for the Stennis are probably never going to use the Kuznetsov. I do have some hope because why is the Su-33 included, those improvements(despite it being re done quite recently) can’t be behind the Supercarrier DLC for people that already own Flanker D/FC3.

If the Kuznetsov was made separately with deck crew animation and all the features of the Nimitz class, I would no question pay full price for it. I understand the decision to make it “light” on features also plays well with how the Su-33 is not clickable, but still, I don’t want to fly the Su-33 if I have to pay 30% off of $80 just for an extra bonus that is part of the module but not for the actual module itself.

Again, if this was a unified DLC with full features on both, I would pay it. It looks really nice, beautiful, but I’m torn up inside when it comes to flying Russian carrier aviation now

If it was offered separately for less money like FC3 stand-alone are, I would be ruffled but still buy it and enjoy the hell out of it

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yeah its a weird deal. But I figure many people already own the SU-33 won't be that happy about it IF they don't own the F18. I have both so its a win-win for me though I honestly can't recall the last time I took the Su-33 for a spin.

Also it was somewhat inaccurate to compare the Kuz to the Liaoning, they are pretty different ships at this point in terms of role and armament. And I hope Deka makes a Liaoning and J-15 at some point.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

They posted a capture once

Guess I’ll have to wait for an insane sale long after its release. If I hadn’t bought Su-33 yet and wasn’t planning on FC3 but wanted some of them, it’s a good deal to include it since the Kuz is there anyway. There is the pre order sale, but if it was $80 it would be $56. For someone that has FC3/Su-33 but not Hornet or plan to fly US naval aviation, it’s a very hard purchase to justify even discounted at 50%.

5D0D8D44-6F33-445D-8B2B-98745AE8AA7A.thumb.jpeg.cefb514ed35029558ec24f861b9f6492.jpeg

B5913715-3E27-41FB-8B32-8ADDE55C6AF2.thumb.png.c36193d38366809fa85eca585c554cc8.png

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

My main issue is that ED said, if I remember correctly, that the Stennis' model would be updated when the supercarrier releases, or something like that. If that's true then I don't think it's fair to have one part of the community pay for a non-ugly CV and the other part getting a non-ugly CV for free. If in the end ED doesn't do that update to the Stennis, then I guess it's okay, but I wish ED would make the Kuznetsov comparable to the Supercarrier in terms of features. If this model upgrade is just the same old Kuznetsov with a better model then I find very difficult to justify buying the package just for the Kuznetsov.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

It's strange to me that they're revamping the Kuznetsov at all, it's kind of a dead end in DCS development. ED is never going to make a full fidelity Su-33 and it's likely too new for a 3rd party to tackle, never mind the even newer MiG-29K. There are a couple Kamov support helicopters but no one wants to fly a mini-AWACS and I doubt we'll see sub hunting any time soon.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

My main issue is that ED said, if I remember correctly, that the Stennis' model would be updated when the supercarrier releases,....

I must have missed that, haven't seen anything on ED updating the current Stennis at any time at all.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Overall i find this to be a nice deal for Hornet owners, but if the Kuznetsov is only updated with this module they should give a little discount for Su-33/FC3 owners too. Is there any info about the price yet, or did i miss that?

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

It doesn't make sense we got a Nimitz-lite via Stennis... but the similar Kuz... is locked behind a paywall? And a paywall related to a completely different ship, owners of which won't use the Kuz, and the people interested in the Kuz won't be interested in the Nimitz. It's a really odd choice.

At the very least I would suggest an option to purchase the Kuz separately for FC3 appropriate prices ($15-20ish). THAT is something a FC user would potentially pay. Even so, it's still strange Stenn is free but Kuz isn't?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It doesn't make sense we got a Nimitz-lite via Stennis... but the similar Kuz... is locked behind a paywall? And a paywall related to a completely different ship, owners of which won't use the Kuz, and the people interested in the Kuz won't be interested in the Nimitz. It's a really odd choice.

At the very least I would suggest an option to purchase the Kuz separately for FC3 appropriate prices ($15-20ish). THAT is something a FC user would potentially pay. Even so, it's still strange Stenn is free but Kuz isn't?

It was either make/release the free Stennis to accompany the then flagship F/A-18 or have it take off from the Flanker 2 series Vinson model that we still have and is totally fugly. :)

I understand the confusion and I am a little confused myself aswell, but in the end its pretty simple if you ask me, work needs pay. While it might not have been communicated before, its a pretty logical step if you ask me to include the Kuz in the package, although curious how this exactly is going to play out in MP.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I find all this demanding discounts based on module ownership fairly amusing and puzzling at the same time.

The only 2 modules that use the Nimitz class today, is the F-18 and F-14. Why would anyone that do not own these modules be interested in buying the Carrier Module. And I'm going to assume the majority of F-14 owners also own the F-18 since a lot of us practiced carrier ops in prep for the F-14. So by demanding a discount, consequently everyone is getting a discount.. Essentially ED's only course is to jack the price up, so that they can at least get some profit margin out of it post the discount riots. Only people I see loosing out is F-14 owners that do not have the F-18 which I would bet is not significant enough to offset everyone getting a discount.

Just make it a flat price, other than the discount for EA which is fine. That is understood to be the trade-off of Beta releases.

As for the Kuznetsov. First people were upset that the Nimitz gets updated but not the Kuznetsov, demanding it gets attention. Now that you are getting an update, you want a discount too. Again if everyone gets a discount, then ultimately no-one gets a discount.

These pricing arguments are ridiculous. Like demanding a discount on dollar menu items. Justifying the cost. Scaling the prices. Give me a break. Given fact that everyone here has at least several hundred vested in the PCs alone not including DCS, no one here can tell me they are that hard up to complain about a couple of dollars this or that way because of a discount.

I see how the whole Kuznetsov business is a little puzzling, at least at first glance, and perhaps it would be good to return to the OP's actual question of

'How is the update to the Kuznetsov going to work in regards to people not owning this module?'

rather than a heated debate on who should get what kind of discount on whatever. Until ED sheds some light on their plan about that, all of this is a rather pointless debate, in my opinion.

• ED Team

Hi all,

We will have news about pricing and discounts next week.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

And...…..do you expect a Kuznetsov class detailed Module later on ? Think could be a brilliant idea,and implementing the chinese Liaoning for completing western Pacific Ops.

This is a bit of red herring. And while Liaoning started as a half built Kuzenestov class it was heavily modified by the Chinese so it would likely need a different external model, as well as totally different Radar and weapons. Its its own thing. And as I recall Deka said they might do it as an AI unit at least.

Same argument goes for the Su-33 vs the J-15, the J-15 is its own plane with its own (similar) systems, and much more modern avionics and weapons compared to the Su-33.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I see how the whole Kuznetsov business is a little puzzling, at least at first glance, and perhaps it would be good to return to the OP's actual question of

'How is the update to the Kuznetsov going to work in regards to people not owning this module?'

rather than a heated debate on who should get what kind of discount on whatever. Until ED sheds some light on their plan about that, all of this is a rather pointless debate, in my opinion.

They said the module would have the Kuz AND the SU-33. So basically you get a free carrier and free FC3 level plane if you don't already have them (so it fits within the naval aviation category). And if you already have the SU-33 you get a shiny carrier to fly off it.

I find all this demanding discounts based on module ownership fairly amusing and puzzling at the same time.

No one is "demanding" one. ED themselves said that they would make the module for hornet owners and that hornet owners would get some sort of discount on several occasions. Thats why its being discussed.

The major point of contention are the hornet owners that though they were special and getting a discount. But they really aren't special since everyone else gets the same discount during EA period.

It's strange to me that they're revamping the Kuznetsov at all, it's kind of a dead end in DCS development. ED is never going to make a full fidelity Su-33 and it's likely too new for a 3rd party to tackle, never mind the even newer MiG-29K. There are a couple Kamov support helicopters but no one wants to fly a mini-AWACS and I doubt we'll see sub hunting any time soon.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Well there is now the "mystery" module that bumped the F4E. It "might" be a Su or Mig, so it "might" be a SU-33.

At the end of the day, both the Kuz and the SU-33 seem to entering their end-of-life phases so, maybe the SU-33 will be obsolete enough soon. From the last things I've read the Russian MOD is debating just giving up on naval aviation after the latest issues and fires on the Kuz.

So since 2017 we were supposed to get an updated Kuz, I could be wrong on the dates.

Now it is going to be required to buy the SC package to use the Kuz? Also, is the SC going to be an early release (open alpha) or a completed module when it gets released?

This just seems odd, the transparency of ED is very cloudy right now with confusion over the SC.

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So since 2017 we were supposed to get an updated Kuz, I could be wrong on the dates.

Now it is going to be required to buy the SC package to use the Kuz? Also, is the SC going to be an early release (open alpha) or a completed module when it gets released?

This just seems odd, the transparency of ED is very cloudy right now with confusion over the SC.

You still get to use the "Free" Kuz, is my understanding.

My main issue is that ED said, if I remember correctly, that the Stennis' model would be updated when the supercarrier releases, or something like that. If that's true then I don't think it's fair to have one part of the community pay for a non-ugly CV and the other part getting a non-ugly CV for free. If in the end ED doesn't do that update to the Stennis, then I guess it's okay, but I wish ED would make the Kuznetsov comparable to the Supercarrier in terms of features. If this model upgrade is just the same old Kuznetsov with a better model then I find very difficult to justify buying the package just for the Kuznetsov.

I think the cost will be manageable if ED keeps the price reasonable and considers tying in incentives for people who already own carrier-based Advanced/Professional Flight Models such as the Tomcat or the Hornet. These customers could get a discounted price for the module, but again, if the price is nominal and aimed at everyone jumping on board, more units sold is more profit/development costs.

I say price it well within reach of most flyers and more people sign up for a Supercarrier Cruise!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]