F-14 Q1 2020 Mini-Update

Cobra847

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the 'crew position updates' will actually entail ?

I'm building an F-14 simpit and don't want to work on something that is going to be changing later...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Hmmm...the picture at the top of your post looks just like an A-6 Intruder wing root. :music_whistling:

Indeed... ;)

TYNNewm.jpg

Thank you HB for the Update! Anticipating 2020 from the Front Seat! :)

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe little far fetch, any plan for 14D in near future ? really want to see this bird go on into modern days

not in near future

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Indeed... ;)

TYNNewm.jpg

Thank you HB for the Update! Anticipating 2020 from the Front Seat! :)

I thought this was an AI aircraft.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

yep, the 14D has a completely different flight control system than the A and B and most of the documentation on it is classified. <looks at Iran> I wouldn't expect them to ever do the 14D.

F-14B has also been upgraded with Digital Flight Control System.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I'm a bit lost with this F-14 digitalization. So with this DFCS, it basically means it had fly-by-wire system, thus preventing it from performing moves like overstressing, over G etc. with the previous analog system?

Not the one we are flying... the ailerons aren't linked to the roll inputs... or maybe it's digital but it's not the same FCS the D had... there were so many block changes and upgrades that didn't correlate to version letters, it's really hard to keep track.

Edited by Banzaiib

I'm a bit lost with this F-14 digitalization. So with this DFCS, it basically means it had fly-by-wire system, thus preventing it from performing moves like overstressing, over G etc. with the previous analog system?

Not that much. From what I found it does improve initial roll rate and roll-yaw coordination (improved departure resistance).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Grumman had ideas (more than plans) on FBW. Possibly ST-21 but maybe not until ASF-21 which was always iffy. Definitely not Quickstrike or F-14D.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Just to clarify, the DFCS was not a fly by wire system but a more advanced stability augmentation system.

Sorry If I haven't understood it properly, but is the Forrestal planned to be released during Q1?

I would prefer to say asap instead, as you see whenever we try and give estimates we tend to fall a bit on our face again. We'll do everything to have it out as quickly as we can. And ofc, we hope that is Q1.

Thank you all for your comments as well, I've read them all and taken them aboard.

To answer just a couple of them:

- The D version atm seems unlikely, due to lack of documentation of some of its inner workings (not the manual, which is not enough). Hopefully this will change some day, who knows.

- EIG, etc.. as announced previously will come most likely with the cockpit "swap" for the A version (we are not really swapping cockpits, just parts).

- The right engine bug is known, it is haunting us and so far we just have not been able to replicate it. This is what keeps us from fixing it. We just have the incredible "lack of luck" to never experience it ourselves.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/