DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Im not saying that everyone should get the carriers for free, I think its really immersion breaking if no one but owners can land/takeoff from the new carriers, and that you need old low resolution carrier alongside new ones. Especially if its the case for the Kuznetsov. Just a basic functionality of Stennin is not too much to ask for, while owners get the full functions.

Its like if ED didn't allow you to communicate with JTAC or transport ground units via helicopter unless you own Combined Arms module

PS I am still exited for Carrier module and I am going to preorder it.

Edited by nightfalcon

The Kuznetsov would be also a nice Module with Deckcrew,for a DCS SU-33

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Im not saying that everyone should get the carriers for free, I think its really immersion breaking if no one but owners can land/takeoff from the new carriers, and that you need old low resolution carrier alongside new ones. Especially if its the case for the Kuznetsov. Just a basic functionality of Stennin is not too much to ask for, while owners get the full functions.

Its like if ED didn't allow you to communicate with JTAC or transport ground units via helicopter unless you own Combined Arms module

PS I am still exited for Carrier module and I am going to preorder it.

The current Stennis model is not low res and everyone is able to use it. The Kuz is another story, sure.

As for being able to launch and land on the SC if you don't own it, it's impossible, since you won't be able to get Tower and LSO comms and you won't be able to see and interact with the deck crew. You'd have the owners of the SC taxi around the deck based on the deck crew's instructions and then you'd have non-owners taxiing around randomly, because they don't receive instructions etc. You just can't have that,. Imagine an airport where some pilots don't listen to the ATC's instructions and go wherever they want.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Maybe one day...

The Kuznetsov would be also a nice Module with Deckcrew,for a DCS SU-33

Kuznetsov15.jpg

But tell you what, it sure is fun landing Su-33 on Stennis!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

..Just a basic functionality of Stennin is not too much to ask for, while owners get the full functions...

We all already have this with the current Stennis. How you figure you should still be able to land on the SC if you don't own it? That's like wanting to fly the Hornet even if you don't own it, but don't allow me to use weapons.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Imagine an airport where some pilots don't listen to the ATC's instructions and go wherever they want.

DCS MP? :)

I hope there will be in-game trainings.

There already are for both F-14 and F-18. SC won't change the way you land apart from comms.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I wonder if there'll be any change to how planes behave when landing and they clip the edge of the deck? I've done it a number of times, and the plane explodes. I can't help thinking that in real life, the plane's momentum would carry it onto the deck. Even if there may be a little bit of a mess to be swept up afterwards. :P

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

On the screenshots page, there are “holes” aligned throughout the flight deck. What is their purpose, rather than having a flat surface? Tried googling, with no success.

Tying things down.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Features and "after release"

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/supercarrier/

DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is a nuclear-powered fortress at sea with a crew of over 6,000 sailors and airmen. The angled flight deck with arrestor wires and four steam-powered catapults support air wing operations of up to 90 aircraft. The ship also includes a formidable air defense system that includes the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow Missile and RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) missiles, and Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) gun system. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is the ultimate power projection weapon.

10 ships of the class have been produced, of which, we will include five of the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class:

CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

CVN-74 John C Stennis

CVN-75 Harry S. Truman

For the early access release, we will provide the Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Washington.

Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:

Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.

Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.

Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated "rabbit lights" along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.

Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.

Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.

Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.

Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.

Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.

Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

Air Boss station.

Briefing room.

Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.

More LSO station interactions.

Combined Arms integration.

"Burble" effect.

Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.

Functional barricade net.

parking Spots and Purchase discount

Hey to all

I think you are as glad as I am due to the EA of the Supercarrier. Just two briefly questions.

1. ED does not clarify if there are more than existing 4 parking spots in the Supercarrier for singleplayer version

2. What must we do in order to merge the two discounts if we are already have the hornet?

Thanx

If you own the Hornet through ED shop the extra discount will be applied at checkout. You can also use “Miles” points to drop the price further.

If you own the Hornet through Steam then you want to hold off a little bit based on Nineline’s post.

There are more than four spots on the Supercarrier, there may be even more coming as ED does some more tests. I think I remember reading there were 12 and we may get up to 18.

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Sooo static deck crew or animated deck crew..?

There will be both. Where's the confusion?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

...1. ED does not clarify if there are more than existing 4 parking spots in the Supercarrier for singleplayer version...

I believe there's been 18 spots confirmed by ED. Why wouldn't that apply for SP also?