Aries Radio System

towsim

Because of Jeepyb’s report, I debugged the Gossip Box Configurator. The bug was caused by a format mismatch in the aerodrome data. The result was a wrong aerodrome location if the button ‘Select an Aerodrome location’ was used. In a less serious case it caused an out of range distance between transmitter and receiver. In the worst case, it caused TS and/or the configurator to crash. For all Gossip Box user, there is a repaired Configurator available as download at: http://ariescon.com/GossipBoxConfigurator.zip

The new configurator even allows the free naming of profiles.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

@Grand,

I would need the version number of Aries Radio and the information, which other mods you are using. If you are using version 1.976, did you install the bug fix mentioned in post #1022 ?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The bug comes up on some computers only and seems to depend on clock timing. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the bug on my machines. Therefore, it is almost impossible to trace the situation. Furthermore, DCS organizes its application in a way, that debugging external mods are simply impossible. For the next release I will change over to the latest VC++ 2013 libraries. There is a little chance, that the bug will disappear with the upgrade. Nevertheless, I will keep an eye on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like I said, TS + Aries + DCS works fine, it's just that upon mission ending I have to hard quit it so let's consider it a minor inconvenience for now...

Thanks for the support you're offering.

Hello,

We are hosting missions every 2 weeks since months. In the lasts mission we and our guest are using ARIES 1.976a constantly. Our average amount of clients vary from 14 to 20, with 2/3 as Tactical commander or Game master.

In the meantime, TS3 may host another 20-30 clients in other rooms (not using aries nor DCS).

We usually experience few client ARIES crash (Aries stop working and don't filter anymore the convesations), with FC3 planes and with Ka-50.

Sadly, as I didn't experienced any issues since 1.976a, I can't provide logs... but do you know if certain conditions could result in those ARIES-only malfunction issues? Could you please tell us any suggestion (maybe server-side) to maximize compatibility with the modules?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Thanks Towsim.

Like Grand said it´s only a "minimun inconvenience".

You are right, only happens in certain machines, maybe some Windows update related to libraries, like you said.

Great support as always!

Tarres

We use the built-in TeamSpeak recording. The tricky thing is to do the recording on a second computer with TeamSpeak and Gossip Box enabled. This is necessary to get the background noise of all participants. If you would do it on your simulation computer, the own voice would be recorded without any modification, because most of the modifications are mixed in on the receiver side. The resulting WAV file can then be mixed into your video.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Is Aries Radio compatible with MiG-15bis yet?

It is not included in the available planes list at the first post but maybe there is an update already.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing really important. The Radio experienced some bug fixes and extensions. The main focus is on the radar application. I am working on a solution, which makes the system usage safe and simple. I have always the Norwegian environment in mind, where it is possible to have 30 users at a time. Such a situation must be covered safely. As soon as we have a stable version we will contact you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@terence44

You get this message obviously while opening the menu item ‘Export.lua entry on/off’. To execute this service, Aries needs to know the location of the Export.lua script. The path is taken from the registry.

Locate Export.lua on your computer. The standard location is:

C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

When you find your export.lua, compare the found location with the path entry in the registry. The registry entry can be found at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AriesWings\DCSsavedGames

The data string found there should be C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS (Scripts folder is not part of the path).

If the two paths are ok then check , whether you started TeamSpeak with administrator rights. If not, right click the TeamSpeak Icon on your desktop and click the ‘Advanced’ button. Set the check mark for ‘Run as Administrator’.

If the two paths do not match, you can manually enter the correct path in the registry. But remember, the path goes down to ‘C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS’ only, not including ‘Scripts’.

In the latter case, you had already a problem during the installation. This comes up usually, if the installation was executed without administrator rights. Microsoft has a strong security paranoia which prevents the access to the registry and to some system folders, if you do not have administrator rights. Even if you are logged in as administrator, you must have the permission for each single application in addition.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this has been asked before but I could not find anything. For our next mission, I would like to record with FRAPS. We are using Aries of course, last time I tried, one could hear all the incoming radio transmissions properly, as it should be, but my own voice was not recorded, I just heard the clicking sound of the mic activation in aries.

Of course I could simply set Fraps to record my mic, but then it would record constantly, not only when I push my radio buttons, correct? Any easy way to set this up?

This procedure is a bit tricky. On your own computer, where Fraps is running, you will not get any recorded voice in Fraps automatically. Even if you catch the TeamSpeak output. That is, because the voice packages are created in TeamSpeak. Your own voice output is suppressed in TeamSpeak while you hold the mic button down. I have no clue whether Fraps allows to mix in an audio stream in an existing video file. If yes, I would recommend to start a GossipBox on a second computer. Set the desired frequencies on listening watch. Activate voice recording in TeamSpeak on the computer where the GossipBox runs. The result is a voice recording containing all participant voices and background noises of the session. In a second step you need to combine the Fraps video recording with the TeamSpeak voice recording. I use Corel Video Studio Pro X8. It covers all the features I need to follow the described procedure, inclusive the video capture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]