F-105 Thunderchief

The_Pharoah

Honestly I don't care if it's the wrong variant, if it still is the same aircraft. We are never going to get all the correct variants for aircraft for all of the scenarios we want. So better to make due with the Bf-109K vs Spitfire MkIX battle of Britain scenario, because we are never going to get a more accurate one.

Same with the Vietnam war stuff, we are never going to see a correct version of the MiG-21, Huey, and so on. But at least we have the aircraft, so lets just accept an inaccuracy in the variants and enjoy the awesome modules.

Exactly, besides it's ridiculous expecting ppl to pay full retail for each separate version of the same type. It'll have to do.

Honestly I don't care if it's the wrong variant, if it still is the same aircraft. We are never going to get all the correct variants for aircraft for all of the scenarios we want. So better to make due with the Bf-109K vs Spitfire MkIX battle of Britain scenario, because we are never going to get a more accurate one.

Same with the Vietnam war stuff, we are never going to see a correct version of the MiG-21, Huey, and so on. But at least we have the aircraft, so lets just accept an inaccuracy in the variants and enjoy the awesome modules.

This.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

battle of britain? but the map is not intended to be BB but Normandy 1944. ( yes also wrong variation for this scenario on axis team but i digress)

if you want BB you can always scratch that itch with CLOD.

lets reverse the scenario. that would be like having "normandy" in 1940 BB map with spitfire mk1 and BF109E.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

also to be fair this is a different case in the F105. This aircraft series only ever did see use in Vietnam. By 1970 THE F105's stationed in Thailand were withdrawn, and the fleets by that point were mostly being relegated to reserve/ national guard service until its final retirement in the 80s. Only some F-105G was kept around for wild weasell in SEA till 1973 when american military involvement ended.. Its not like some other aircraft that have variations that served in multiple conflicts in different time periods.

Other than that it has no historical based scenarios except fantasy cold war gone hot scenario over the fulda gap, where it would be used to employ tactical nuclear weapons. except we have no Map over central Europe.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Other than that it has no historical based scenarios except fantasy cold war gone hot scenario over the fulda gap, where it would be used to employ tactical nuclear weapons. except we have no Map over central Europe.

The thought of using the Thud for its intended purpose in DCS makes me moist

TBH it would be awesome if ED decided to do a DCS: Vietnam but along the lines of FC3 ie. lower fidelity, not all cockpits being clickable, etc. That would definitely speed up development time you would think and includes something like:

- Vietnam map

- F4 Phantom II

- F105 Thud

- A6 Intruder

vs

- Mig 17

- Mig 19

- Mig 21

Quite a lot of players still use the FC3 a/c (F15s, Migs, SUs).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Can't believe you guys didn't pick up on this:

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos/p.1342658872487414/1342658872487414/?type=3&theater

Oh man...I've LONGED for an F105D. That brings my dream of DCS Vietnam closer to reality, what with the Mig 19 in development, and community-built A4s/F-100s.

Definite Day 1 pre-order if it ever came to be.

We would actually need a Mig-21PF P or MF as the Bis was not used by the Vietnamese Air Force before the war ended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

We currently do not have a single Vietnam era aircraft in DCS, besides the UH-1 Huey.

And no, the Bis came afterwards.

I think the Huey is also a wrong variant, not sure though. So correct me if I'm wrong.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

UH-1H was introduced it 1966. Mods from lrevikus vsriant included moving the pitot to the cabin roof and upping SHP to 1400. It most certainly saw service in Vietnam as a troop transport and medevac.

OK, thx!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

TBH it would be awesome if ED decided to do a DCS: Vietnam but along the lines of FC3 ie. lower fidelity, not all cockpits being clickable, etc. That would definitely speed up development time you would think and includes something like:

- Vietnam map

- F4 Phantom II

- F105 Thud

- A6 Intruder

vs

- Mig 17

- Mig 19

- Mig 21

Quite a lot of players still use the FC3 a/c (F15s, Migs, SUs).

A-6 has on plans and Mig-19P on progress by RAZBAM, the Mig-21 can be use LNK Mig-21

A-6 has on plans and Mig-19P on progress by RAZBAM, the Mig-21 can be use LNK Mig-21

MiG-19P was not used in Vietnam.

MiG-21bis was not used in Vietnam.

They are completely different from variants used there.

Koty, yes but that hasn't stopped anyone from doing missions with what's available!! On a similar note, I'm not very up on my Mig-21 variants, what are the capabilities differences between the bis and what the US encountered in Vietnam?

Asla, no problem man!! I was just excited that for once I knew an answer.....

~Rob

Koty, yes but that hasn't stopped anyone from doing missions with what's available!! On a similar note, I'm not very up on my Mig-21 variants, what are the capabilities differences between the bis and what the US encountered in Vietnam?

Asla, no problem man!! I was just excited that for once I knew an answer.....

~Rob

And thanks to you, we both know it!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

On a similar note, I'm not very up on my Mig-21 variants, what are the capabilities differences between the bis and what the US encountered in Vietnam?

~Rob

Depends.

F-13 variant was significantly different. Only short range radar rangefinder (no radar scope in cockpit), single NR-30 cannon with laughable 30 bullets magazine which was enough for 2 seconds burst and 2 R-3 missiles. it was also the lightest and had the best cockpit visibility, but also the weakest engine.

1467859.jpg Mig21F13web.jpg

Most of the Vietnam Air Force Fishbeds were MiG-21 PF and PFM. Those had RP-21 radar (completely different than RP-22 we have in bis). Only two missile pylons, no internal gun. Capable of carrying radar homing missiles, and GSh-23 gun in centerline gunpod.

9598aa18ebe137828045344196200489.jpg Mig21PFfamilyweb.jpg

By the end of the war Vietnam Air Force also acquired some MiG-21MF. Those were similar to MiG-21bis we have, with four pylons under wings and inthernal gun, although with less powerful engine without emergency reheat, slightly less powerful radar and probably other differences. By that time, F-105D's were withdrawn from active combat, only the Weasels remained in use.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

you can always enjoy F-105D in Strike Fighters II

Where there's a will, there's a way type of thing you know :D

I love Strike Fighters II, for its easy to modness, the fact that nearly every military aircraft can be included, and for the simple but effective dynamic campaign that it has implemented. However, the lack of support for bombing without CCIP really makes it difficult to play as early strike fighters. The accuracy of bombing just isn't there.

We will never have a different version of the Mig21, or of any other module for that matter. So we will have to make do with just limiting the armament. It's more than close enough to be believable, plus the alternative is not playing the scenario at all.

Sad, but true.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

We will never have a different version of the Mig21, or of any other module for that matter. So we will have to make do with just limiting the armament. It's more than close enough to be believable, plus the alternative is not playing the scenario at all.

Well, we have A-10A and A-10C, Su-25 and Su-25T, F-15C and planned F-15E and so on. Though DCS lacks so many Vietnam era assets that making any Vietnam-like scenario would require an effort comparable to Normandy '44 project.

60 rounds according to MiG-21F-13 flight manual.

According to the books I have, they had to remove one gun and reduce the clip size for the second gun to fit the systems needed for launching K-13 (R-3) missiles. But those are English books, maybe they got it wrong.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro