Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

Teeter

Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

• Yes, I would (please reply to this thread to explain why)
    • No, I wouldn't (please reply to this thread to explain why)

I would buy it to be honest. It is an aircraft I have had some curiosity towards. I'm sure I would enjoy it.

However, my vote would be a reluctant no. At least currently. Even though I am of "the more obscure the better" mentality towards DCS modules, objectively speaking, Pucara is a bit too niche, and there are things missing from sim which people crave for more than light attack aircraft.

More WW II aircraft, more Soviet / Russian aircraft, more Mirages (also perhaps Cheetah and Kfirs), more attack helicopters etc. Or at least more recognizable light attack birds like Bronco or A-1 skyraider.

But yeah, still, I would buy it.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yes, I would, for the sole reason that I'd finally be comfortable flying a prop-craft because there'd be no adverse yaw from the two engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

I voted no.

While I appreciate expanding the different types of aircraft in DCS, as many others have said the light attack market is more than filled at the moment, especially including near future releases and updates such as the Tucano and the upgrade of the C-101 module. There are many other options of aircraft that are wished for widely and relatively simple systems-wise!

I fear that the time and money spent developing this plane would never be covered by sales no matter how good the module actually is.

I would add that it is a brilliant choice to ask users about this when you feel it is a bit of a risky aircraft, other devs should take notice!

No, has other more interesting and complex aircraft to make before them, RAZBAM was a list of previous make more interesting (A-7, F-102, A-6, EA-6), only applicable if proper map and campaing with AI units exist

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Voted no as although the aircraft itself seems interesting enough I think the existing/planned plane set covers light attack/COIN needs adequately. If there was a fully fleshed out Falklands theatre including a map on offer then I'd probably be interested.

Still I think there's a lot of other interesting planes out there that could be developed before the Pucara. If you're looking for prop planes to tide the business over while more complex modern jets are being worked on I'd prefer to see the WW2 stable being fleshed out rather than add something that doesn't seem to fill any major gaps.

It is an interesting aircraft but I said no, not without a Falklands map.

The OV-10A is a very similar aircraft and would match way better to your upcomming AV-8B, aswell as existing and future maps.

It served in the Falklands war. It scored the only Argentine Air-to-Air kill by destroying a Westland Scout.

Notable perhaps, but not truly meaningful. I doubt there are many who at the end of the Falklands were saying "Without the Pucara we'd never have won!".

The A-10 scored a few helicopters in the gulf, but thats trivia - the important thing is that it scored something like 60-80% of AG kills. (From what I remember of W L Smallwood's book). That's meaningful.

I personally don't feel that there is any true purpose for the Pucara in DCS. We have light attack aircraft which are fun, but there are other planes already, that I'd sooner pick.

476th vFG Alumni

I voted no, here is why:

I would fly it in a Falklands campaign, otherwise I am not interested in the plane. It doesn't fill a unique role otherwise, and I'd like to have the roles filled as a priority (and I admit I just like jets more than props, with very few exceptions, such as a Bronco).

So basically what others have said: If there is a complete Falklands scenario, with Harriers, A4s, Mirage5 and so on, then absolutely yes to the Pucará.

Firstly thanks for asking the question. I love the idea of developers asking these questions to gauge ideas.

I voted yes even though there are few maps that could be exploited properly by this module. I hear the argument about why make a Falklands map or any other map people suggest when there aren't the appropriate aircraft in DCS to use it. Then a little later I read another thread (here for example) saying why make a module when the map to take advantage of it isn't around.

Someone has to get the ball rolling one way or another ;)

Voted No:

I'm not very intrested in this kind of aircraft, and I'm doubtful about his usability inside actual DCS scenarios and actual type of aircrafts

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

I voted yes, here is why:

any plane created for DCS is a priceless experience for developer and ED.

But non of the planes, even a super-hot one, would be a good choice without infrastructure around it. Trainings, Campaign, things to do - is the things declaring value of particular model.

P.S. It's weird but I personally think that Pucara is one of the most beautiful planes ever. I do not know why. It's ugly as hell, but so beauteous! :)

Всех убью, один останусь!

Voted No. Not my kind of aircraft (Simple ground attack/trainer aircraft). It's also not very famous.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Voted yes: was hoping to see this in jet thunder but alas it never came to be. Nice looking duel prop plane with ground attack focus...kind of everything I like.

In all honesty I have a hard time saying no to any dcs level airframe so take my yes as a possible reason for that ;).

Voted NO.

Although it is a very interesting aircraft it would mean that DCS would go off on another branch. I would like to see future planes implemented in the game around a certain theater and/or time frame.

IMO a Bronco would be a more viable option.

Yes. Any well made module is a welcome addition to the DCS world.

I also have high hopes for Falklands scenario some day. biggrin.gif

^ yes for me.

One question though, will you aim to have multi crew functionality built in?

Edited by Phantom453

Si me re interesa

perfilpucaraizquierdo.jpg

1947178.jpg

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

I voted no. As the Tucano is in production, I'd like to see efforts spent on other aircraft or scenaries. Thank you for this poll.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.