[REPORTED] Issues with MW50 usage. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
coopes

Default [REPORTED] Issues with MW50 usage.

The game is beyond frustrating now.

I have been very much in the flying scene regards to Burning Skies and the WW2 PVP arena.

I wish we could have an update on the damage model. Not just that flying the planes, are they still in Beta, as you make changes and then say nothing has changed. When you have flown hundreds of hours in the plane you notice stuff.

Nobody ever has an answer for issues that have been around since the end of 1.5.
I had to send a track for DCS to look at super cooling in the 109, it certainly is a little less super but still pretty great.

I would also like to know why i can run MW50 on and off in the 109, yet i do it in the dora or WEP in the P51 its like pot luck wether the engine is gonna seize. A lot of people i talk to barely use it.

Surely i should be able to run MW50 on and off in the Dora like the 109? Or does the 109 has special MW50.

Dora FM has changed, its my favourite plane and i have flown in a ton! its nose heavy and even harder to handle at slower speed?

You could attract so many more people to flying WW2 in DCS more regular if you addressed some of these issues.

I may fly again once you get there, but its to annoying right now.
coopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
VampireNZ

Hang in there Coopes - 2.5 is just around the corner!

To be fair to ED...the amount of stuff they are trying to juggle at the moment is pretty crazy, try and cut them a little slack.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopes View Post
When you have flown hundreds of hours in the plane you notice stuff.
But that's not the scientific way. If something is wrong, then you can prove it. If you can't prove it, then that's too little to make a change on.

Quote:
I would also like to know why i can run MW50 on and off in the 109, yet i do it in the dora or WEP in the P51 its like pot luck wether the engine is gonna seize. A lot of people i talk to barely use it.
Different engines, different restrictions. If you stick to the restrictions to the letter and the engine reproducibly seizes, make a track of that and you have a strong case that something is wrong.

Quote:
its nose heavy and even harder to handle at slower speed?
If you need to ask, then how can you say that something is wrong?

Quote:
You could attract so many more people to flying WW2 in DCS more regular if you addressed some of these issues.
And turn away so many more because suddenly FMs are tuned because of FEELINGS!!!1!!!1 and not scientific proof.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #4
razo+r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post

If you need to ask, then how can you say that something is wrong?

And turn away so many more because suddenly FMs are tuned because of FEELINGS!!!1!!!1 and not scientific proof.
With him, four of my friends and me felt the same that there were changes and we all flew it for months/years. I've opened a thread and made a video about it and figured out, nothing changed and yet we still feel it behaving different than in 1.5.X.

The official answer was: no changes were made

And yet, we still find things that behave different than in 1.5.X

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
coopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
Different engines, different restrictions. If you stick to the restrictions to the letter and the engine reproducibly seizes, make a track of that and you have a strong case that something is wrong.
I have run a test with Dora as per what it says in the DCS manual and it still fails early on MW50. I have mentioned it here before but nothing feeds back from it.
Engine restrictions have nothing to do with it between the 109 and 199, the technology is the same and it works exactly the same way in both engines
Old 08-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
Reflected

When people fly something for years and it changes from one day to another it can be quite obvious. Usually what happens is:

- no communication
- players complain
- "tut tut, don't complain based on feelings, no change was communicated. You should do some EASA approved test, and open a thread in the whishlist section".

come on...

I can confirm that the Dora's engine is even more wrong than other planes. You use WEP = it will die. That's it. Oh, and as soon as a bullet passes in your 10m vicinity it also dies. This is not to say other planes are much better. I'm desperately crying out for a DM update finally. (I know, it's in progress, coming soon)

"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1
Reflected is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
I have mentioned it here before but nothing feeds back from it.
Did you provide any proof or did you just present your opinion?

Quote:
Engine restrictions have nothing to do with it between the 109 and 199, the technology is the same and it works exactly the same way in both engines
But they are not the same engines...
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #8
BIGNEWY
Senior

guys please be respectful when posting

thanks
Old 08-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
With him, four of my friends and me felt the same that there were changes and we all flew it for months/years. I've opened a thread and made a video about it and figured out, nothing changed and yet we still feel it behaving different than in 1.5.X.

The official answer was: no changes were made

And yet, we still find things that behave different than in 1.5.X

Real pilots say this all the time, they to would love to always fly in cool clean air for max performance.

Is this feeling just DCS doing it's job compared to what you guy's are used to in these other sims?

Are the parameters exactly the same when you guy's have this feeling, did you change servers and fly on a different map with different weather?

This here tells me how much better perhaps the DCS FM's really are and just how separate from the other sims, you guy's know these planes really well right, even a small change in weather and you can see or think you can almost feel the difference, the IRL pilot can "really" feel this difference.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
coopes

BIGNEWY can we have some useful replies then.

Can someone give me the science behind why the 109 can come off and on MW50 consistently and the Dora cant?

To my knowledge of how MW50 works on the engine it should not be the case.

If someone can give a credible reason i would like to know.

Dont mention temps as the fail happens in the green.