Elint page in Kneeboard

edineygomes

If you do a flight using the U22 in its recording mode the elint page will update after landing with your position upon recieving signals, the approximate direction of the signal and PRF/transmission intervals. Allowing you to triangulate the position of radar sites and classify the radar type.

Thats simulated aswell? Nice. Finally some useful Recce-Flights. Was waiting for this soooo long. Will try it later :3

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

If you do a flight using the U22 in its recording mode the elint page will update after landing with your position upon recieving signals, the approximate direction of the signal and PRF/transmission intervals. Allowing you to triangulate the position of radar sites and classify the radar type.

Mode A and which band selector? G H J or K? When landing the plane on the runway, do you need to turn off the engine or just stop the plane?

Need to trigger the passive recce on key?

Edited by edineygomes

I did a test and returned the following:

Emiter: 1

Freq: A PRF: 400

First signal: 12: 5: 6 Last signal: 12:11:56

Sequence broadca: 1.5s Silent 8.5s

NW 42:24:11 039: 03: 50 SE: 42:10:10 041: 44: 50

How do I interpret this data?

I did not quite understand the coordinates

Do I need to do more readings to perform the triangulation or with this data already I can do something?

Edited by edineygomes

I did a test and returned the following:

Emiter: 1

Freq: A PRF: 400

First signal: 12: 5: 6 Last signal: 12:11:56

Sequence broadca: 1.5s Silent 8.5s

NW 42:24:11 039: 03: 50 SE: 42:10:10 041: 44: 50

How do I interpret this data?

I did not quite understand the coordinates

Emitter 1 = first emitter logged

Freq A = Receiver probably uses a couple of crystal video receivers, so they don't know the exact freq its on, but they do know which of the tuned crystal receivers is picking up the signal. So in this case it translate to RF band "A". Can be used to ID the signal.

PRF 400 = The emitter pulses 400 times per second. Can be used to ID the signal.

First signal = time the receiver first saw the signal

Last signal = time the receiver last saw the signal

"sequence broadcast" = looks like the scan time of the radar. The appears to spin in a circular pattern, taking 10 seconds to rotate around. Can be used to ID signal.

The position looks like the point of an ellipse after having triangulated the emitter.

That's amazing. I honestly haven't expected such a feature. Great stuff :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This seems like a very nice feature and as the others have been saying, finally recon flight does really make a difference, i have got some questions regarding those coordinates in the previous post.

From what i can see and read from the post of Ragnar then these coordinates will form kinda like a box where the radar will be somewhere inside, anywhere where we can input these coordinates in an easy way to find these coordinates?

This needs more explaining and preferably in a youtube tutorial as they say "monkey see monkey do!" This will add a great dynamic to the missions for search and destroy missions but without using the Tangos Fantasmagoria pods

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

If you scroll back on the kneeboard you'll see that the emitters estimated positions are marked on the map.

If that's the case I'll be all over this when I get back in from work with a view to do a short tutorial/mission to test. :)

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

I have some questions:

Page 125 of the manual:

"the pod will automatically emit when illuminated by a radar from

the frontal aspect."

If the target is not in front of the plane, does the equipment continue to analyze the signal?

"During emission, the MOTVERK indicator light appears."

When the target is at my 9 o'clock position, the "MOTVERK" indicator light no longer appears on the warning panel. Even so, the RWR continues to detect the target. In this way, does the U22A still receive and analyze the target in question?

Through the ODP file the equipment creates a kind of box around the target, but if the pod does not detect it except in the front, how to do it?

A video tutorial would be great. I would also like to see about the SPA mode of vessel recognition.

Thanks

Edited by edineygomes

If that's the case I'll be all over this when I get back in from work with a view to do a short tutorial/mission to test. :)

Look forward to your tutorial. Any chance you could let us have a copy of the mission to try it out ourselves once youre done?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

If you scroll back on the kneeboard you'll see that the emitters estimated positions are marked on the map.

This estimated position will this be more accurate the more times you have it registered on the pod or will it be the same accuracy no matter how many times it have been registered?

• Like 1

Hmmm.... There must be a way to get this information from the kneeboard to the F10 map. The map of the kneeboard almost can not see right even putting the waypoint on top of the target :huh:

This estimated position will this be more accurate the more times you have it registered on the pod or will it be the same accuracy no matter how many times it have been registered?

I would like to know this too

• Like 1

Elint page in Kneeboard

Information recorded from the RWR is used as well, so you don't need to carry the U22/A. The jammer are otoh able to detect more types of emitters (like CW-radars). The U22/A only detects in the front.

The more emissions that are recorded, the better the accuracy will be, as long as you change your own position. Best is to circle the area, and (if possible) to get close to the emitter to yield the most accurate position-estimation.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

This is truly an amazing feature! :thumbup:

Would it be possible to mark the radar positions (boxes) on F10 map, with the recently added markers? For player's planes and AI, after they land.

RagnarDa, can you give more details about the bandwidth selection? The manual describes different modes as sensitivity, but aren't the bands actualy radar frequency ranges?

Just tired it and I didn't do anything so i wonder if I i need to do more to use the U-22.

Here are the results for the curious at work.

First picture is the paste form the ELINT page.

Second is the two emitter "boxes" and the Flight plan. Note i didn't pick up the ships further out

1773819629_Pastedimageat2017_02_0602_34PM.png.93129247cbb82a7e04740819e16f749c.png

784931022_Pastedimageat2017_02_0602_52PM.thumb.png.603b5ccbfff7a689d559ef85ba5c4a8b.png

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Just tired it and I didn't do anything so i wonder if I i need to do more to use the U-22.

Thanks, that's to see! :thumbup:

But what do you mean when you say, that you didn't do anything? Did you had the U-22 pod equipped? Did you set it to Silent Recording?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg