Additional USA Logbooks for DCS World (USN, USMC and USAF)

It should already be compatible with the latest OpenBeta; the db_countries.lua hasn't been updated since before the Tomcat came out. And VF squadrons have been in the mod since day 1. :thumbup:

Hello again,

Well I didn't install any MOD software, just unziped the files / folders at their respective destination, and everything seems fine - thank you for this mod !

I have a doubt: is there any way of getting the log's background color in the beige tone, like the one you have at the orginal post ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Well I didn't install any MOD software, just unziped the files / folders at their respective destination, and everything seems fine - thank you for this mod !

You're welcome. You can add it directly, but just so you are aware the updated db_countries.lua will fail integrity check on a multiplayer server.

I have a doubt: is there any way of getting the log's background color in the beige tone, like the one you have at the orginal post ?

That color scheme is from DCS 1.x.

You're welcome. You can add it directly, but just so you are aware the updated db_countries.lua will fail integrity check on a multiplayer server.

That color scheme is from DCS 1.x.

Yes, I've read that at the readme notes.

Great mod, it really adds to the immersion felling.

edit:

One minor lapse - the folder:

...\Logbook Improvements - Master\Logbook Improvements - Master\MissionEditor\Data\Images\flags, does not have "flags" images, but "stripes" images instead.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

Just a minor doubt, one of my pilot profiles as US Navy, does have:

- more than 11 flight hours;

- more than 60 kills;

- 6 medals.

But the pilot rank is still "ensign".

Is it supposed to be like that or do I have something messed up with my mod ?

Thank you.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 7 months later...
Hello again.

Just a minor doubt, one of my pilot profiles as US Navy, does have:

- more than 11 flight hours;

- more than 60 kills;

- 6 medals.

But the pilot rank is still "ensign".

Is it supposed to be like that or do I have something messed up with my mod ?

Thank you.

Sorry, didn't catch your post until now. IIRC, rank is based on campaign missions completed, not flight hours. Complete some SP campaigns to make LTJG.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

It seems that the mod doesn't work with last 2.5.6 update on OpenBeta.

Trying to install it with OvGME with no luck and same with manual install. Still USAF Agressor instead of USN.

Regards.

Chris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ChrisFlying

Chris "Tiger" Modave

EASA ATPL(A) 737 NG TR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Version 2.5.63 is available for DCS 2.5.6.53756

Home Fries - a big THANK YOU ! :thumbup:

Having a specific pilot profile at the logbook for the F-14, just wasn't the same without the US Navy ranks, squadrons and medals.

All the best !

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Hey Homefires, thanks for the latest update.. but the UK only file is broken, it causes the Syrian map to hang on load

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Version 2.5.64 is released for DCS 2.5.6.54046.

Hey Homefires, thanks for the latest update.. but the UK only file is broken, it causes the Syrian map to hang on load

I couldn't duplicate the error. It may be OBE with 2.5.64, but please let me know if you get this again.

• 2 months later...
Version 2.5.65 is released for DCS 2.5.6.57264.

Thank you again !

I'm waiting for ED to make the US Navy cathegory permanent at the logbook.

• Like 1

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I'd be happy if it passed IC! :music_whistling:

It's working alright with the last week's 2.5.6.57264 Open Beta ( 04 / 11 / 20 ).

As long as the sub-folders's content from USN and Master are in their respective PC folders, everything is there ( navy squadron insignias, medals, ranks, stripes, etc.)

I'm not a programer so I don't know how much work does it take, but it would be awesome if ED incorporated the US Navy cathegory in the logbook.

edit

Oh I remember now, yes everytime there's a new patch for DCS it gets incompatible with IC.

That's why they really could make it the US Navy a permanent cathegory.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am sure I am being a bonehead here.  I use OvGME and it is working with other mods.  When I drop the Zip files into the OvGME directory, I can select and activate this from there.  BUT when I go into DCS, I don't see anything different in the logbook.  I am using the stable branch.  Any ideas??

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

48 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

I am sure I am being a bonehead here.  I use OvGME and it is working with other mods.  When I drop the Zip files into the OvGME directory, I can select and activate this from there.  BUT when I go into DCS, I don't see anything different in the logbook.  I am using the stable branch.  Any ideas??

Same here, but with open beta version.

Sometimes it happens when ED updates come out...

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system