After DCS update, can't install MI8!

Fifi

Hi all,

Today i updated my DCS world with latest update (thanks for fixing Huey gun sound BTW), and then deciced to buy the MI8.

But when installing, it says i can't install this MI8 version (from the actual store) on the latest DCS World update...

Are the store files not up to date?...or am i missing something?

Do i have to wait some time, and if so how long please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you download the .exe for the Mi-8 from the store before the patch was released?

If so you need to download it again, cause your current installer is outdated.

Yes, at first try that what i thought. So i downloaded again today from store, and same no go result :cry:

The download file name in the store doesn't correspond to the error message box file name i receive when installing.

That's why i was asking if the store file is really up to date...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The download appears to still be the old one, based on the version number in the update post.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The download appears to still be the old one, based on the version number in the update post.

That's right ;)

Usually, it takes long for them to change files from store? (am new to DCS, sorry)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

Yes in fact you have patched your DCS with the new update but all the files for the download are not available in the last version 1.2.6.18651.

If you bought the Mi-8 he is in this version: 1.2.6.17746 (old version).

You are two solutions:

The first is to wait that ED publish the last version of all this softs 1.2.6.18651.

The second solution is download all the DCS products available in this old version: 1.2.6.17746:

DCS World 1.2.6.17746.

A-10C 1.2.6.17746.

KA-50 1.2.6.17746.

P-51D 1.2.6.17746

Huey 1.2.6.17746

Mi-8 1.2.6.17746

After you install DCS World without upgrade this soft in the last version.

After you installer all the modules bought without upgrade in the last version.

And after you install the Mi-8 ans to this moment you can upgrade all this little world in the new version: 1.2.6.18651

Normaly everything work fine...

Best regards, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Ok, had an answer from the store:

- regular downloads are still old files, but the torrent download is the new one!

So downloading via torrent :thumbup:

Good to know for future update...no need to re-install everything on old version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a question concerning the download from the store, please can you tell us when we can download the new "modules 1.2.6.18651" from the store and not the torent ?

At my home the download is more fast if I use the store than the torrent...

If one guy of ED read these lines can you tell us in how many time we can download the new files "1.2.6.18651" by the store and not the torent ?

A great thanks in advance for all, regards. Skull

I have a question concerning the download from the store, please can you tell us when we can download the new "modules 1.2.6.18651" from the store and not the torent ?

At my home the download is more fast if I use the store than the torrent...

If one guy of ED read these lines can you tell us in how many time we can download the new files "1.2.6.18651" by the store and not the torent ?

A great thanks in advance for all, regards. Skull

It seems it will take some time...

That's strange your download is faster on regular links. Torrent are very fast here...(and our island internet isn't that good)

You could also try to use in-game module manager, which should automatically download required installation files in proper version.

If i recall well, i did!...and it was old files too.

But with torrent download, i finally got my MI8 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Fifi, you can download the Mi-8 last version:

File Name: MI-8MTV2_1.2.6.18651.276-275.exe

And of course you can also download all the modules and DS World : MI-8MTV2_1.2.6.18651.276-275.exe

Bye, Skull.

Edit autoupdate.cfg!

{

"arch": "x86_64",

"lang": "EN",

"modules": [

"MI-8MTV2",

"A-10C",

"WORLD",

"KA-50",

"P-51D",

"CA"

]

}

First, you have to edit autoupdate.cfg to look like that (above).

Then, you have to run repair dcs world!! (Egale Dynamics/DCS World)

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]