What sort of campaign can we expect?

CheckGear

90s is also an option later on as a DLC for the Tomcat - I'd love to do it ince I learn to fly the beast properly and inve I close other projects (M-2000C Red Flag, new A-10C campaign for Caucasus and Iron Flag for A-10 in NTTR plus Harrier).

A crew of two gives great opportunity to develop nice personalities for the pilots, write some interesting dialogues etc. Really looking forward to both the map and the Tomcat!

The 1980s are widely seen as the "Decade of the Tomcat," but I think the plane had a great showing in the '90s as well. I think it was in the '90s that it showed what a widely-capable platform it actually was. I look forward to any campaign taking place in the '90s involving the F-14.

I read it wrong, mean the USN Tomcats, but yes, retired too early for that campaign, a shame cause the Super Hornet will not be flyable. That error happens when you reply to posts being half-drunk.

What's your poison? :drink:

what Super Hornet?

Somebody was making a Super Hornet mod a few years back. I don't know if it was ED-sanctioned. But it appears to be dead now.

I'd welcome a Super Hornet mod one day. But there are a few aircraft I'd like to see before that.

What I mean was that for that era we will only have the regular Hornet on the carriers, as we don't have a Super Hornet, and the Tomcat was retired by then.

My poison? Good wine and fine gyn.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

What I mean was that for that era we will only have the regular Hornet on the carriers, as we don't have a Super Hornet, and the Tomcat was retired by then.

My poison? Good wine and fine gyn.

I wonder if they can make the Super Hornet available as a non-flyable aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's going to continue to be real-world events for campaign designers to draw inspiration from:

US intelligence officials are under pressure from the White House to produce a justification to declare Iran in violation of a 2015 nuclear agreement, in an echo of the politicisation of intelligence that led up to the Iraq invasion, according to former officials and analysts.

The collapse of the 2015 deal between Tehran, the US and five other countries – by which Iran has significantly curbed its nuclear programme in return for sanctions relief – would trigger a new crisis over nuclear proliferation at a time when the US is in a tense standoff with North Korea.

Intelligence analysts, chastened by the experience of the 2003 Iraq war, launched by the Bush administration on the basis of phoney evidence of weapons of mass destruction, are said to be resisting the pressure to come up with evidence of Iranian violations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/28/iran-nuclear-deal-violations-white-house-search-intelligence?utm_campaign=news-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nuzzel

• 8 months later...
Has anybody read the book Sword Point? Would make for an awesome storyline in a campaign

.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34577.Sword_Point

Not really. A Soviet invasion of Iran might've seemed plausible at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight, we know it was neither feasible nor likely.

As for me, I'd like to see a hypothetical Iran campaign taking place in the 1990s (that way, we can fly either the F-14A, F-14B, or F/A-18C, AV-8B, and maybe even the F-15C from land bases). Specially, I want to explore the possibility the U.S., under President Clinton, would've launched retaliatory strikes against Iran in response to the June 25, 1996 Khobar Towers bombing. A massive single mission can be created to simulate a "one-day war," like so many we had between the end of the Gulf War and the War on Terror. Or a campaign lasting for weeks can be designed to simulate an escalatory spiral threatening to engulf the... Persian Gulf in war.

I'd also like to see a campaign taking place during the 2012 - 2013 timeframe, when U.S.-Iran tensions were last at a peak. This would be a campaign for the AV-8B, F-15C, or F/A-18C.

Finally, given, recent events, I'd like to also see a near-future campaign against Iran, though we're short on contemporary aircraft to adequately simulate such a conflict. A future U.S.-Iran clash will involve Eagles, Strike Eagles, Fighting Falcons, Super Hornets, Raptors, and Lightning IIs.

Edited by CheckGear