ADF ammeter

lmp

Set the switch to TLG (telegraph) to use the visual signal strength needle. TLF is the headset audio apparently and mutually exclusive with the needle.

That's not really what the TLF/TLG switch is supposed to do I think. TLF receives A3 type signals and TLG receives A1 and A2 type. The visual needle and audio should be parallel in operation. Choice of TLF/TLG should only depend on the particular flavor of the ground station's signal.

And generally it is best to tune in antenna mode since the others may be dependent on which way the loop is pointing or not provide any signal at all.

More info about ADF identification encoding: https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/381023-tone-mode-adf.html

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2164265#post2164265

There is a 2-way switch for the signal strength meter on the ADF control panel - switch it to TLG.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196325&stc=1&d=1539996742

Note: there is a bug in DCS as the signal strength meter needle sticks (does not update) with the switch in TLF i.e. the needle will show a deflection even when off station or the RKL-41 is turned off with TLF selected.

Tested DCS 2.5.3.22877

2075487059_L-39ADFMeter2_5_3_22877Screen_181020_011359.thumb.jpg.a35f3355c266111c545ca9a629091f28.jpg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Maybe it's a latching gauge?

Probably not though, because you can see this same kind of behaviour f.ex. with the Hip's generator ammeters too when you switch the gens on. The ammeters only reset and start following the current consumption after the ground power's been switched off.

A system wide DCS bug perhaps?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Almost certainly the kind of spring-loaded "VU" meter that you find in home stereos. You'd never want a "strong signal" indication when there wasn't a strong signal.

The TLF-TLG switch is supposed to be changed to match the modulation type of the NDB, not to pick between needle and audio. Both items should work at the same time.

Right. But yeah, it certainly is an averaging/RMS-type gauge, not a peak meter. No need to show RF signal strength peak values here that I can think of at least.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.