Convince me

pefman

Why should i pay for yet another map im never gonna play! stop splitting up the community and mp servers and start building these together into zones or something that actually makes sense!

to expensive!

I have normandy, never play it.

I have nevada, never play it.

Why should i buy it?

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

Who cares what you do or don't buy. It's no business of ours what you do with your spare time and cash!

That's where you are wrong. Its in my interest to keep this player base happy and unified.

If the player base is happy business will bloom.

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

Why should anyone convince you? Sounds like you made up your mind, and your choice is of course perfectly fine.

I spend all of the squadron flying time in Nevada and the map is astonishing, I just love it! Never regretted the purchase (well... got it for free as an A-10C Beta customer, but if I'd payed full price, I wouldn't have regretted it, either :smartass:).

Not being a huge WWII buff, I haven't spent much time over Normandy, but I'm glad I have the choice to go there any time.

The new Caucasus is of course brilliant, I've enjoyed every second flying there in 2.5.

Now for the Persian Gulf, it's a fairly hot region, it has seen active engagements in the past, there should be plenty RL info on the civilian airports, and immersion-wise I think a lot of upcoming missions and campaigns will take place there, not to mention MP servers/missions. For me, it's a no-brainer and I'm just back from finishing the order. ;)

As for scattering MP and the community, yes, that is a concern. Then again, if you don't want to fly there, I'm sure there'll always be plenty Caucasus servers, seeing as it's the free base map that absolutely anyone can fly in, and it still has the largest number of missions and campaigns by a long shot. Plus it looks very much up to date in terms of graphics, so I see no harm whatsoever in remaining faithful to that map exclusively for those who aren't interested in the newer maps.

Me too snoopy.

This new Map offers great expansion potential and if the surrounding countries are eventually modelled it will be utterly superb!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Nevada is meh in my opinion so I never bought it , normady was pretty cool especially as its set in ww2 however due to it being 2.1 not as many people flew on it. Now even on 2.5 more people flying ww2 on Caucasus so yeah.

Probs will get this at somepoint but again I dont think any of the maps are worth more than 25 max 30 dollars . For sure not worth 50...

That's where you are wrong. Its in my interest to keep this player base happy and unified.

If the player base is happy business will bloom.

For your information the player base is as happy as it's ever likely to be. You're in a minority if you think the Gulf map is a waste of time and money, as I am sure ED already are aware of or they'd not have invested so much time and money into it. Your interests are of no interest to anyone except yourself. If you have anything constructive or relevant to say, go ahead. If not, then why say anything at all?

For your information the player base is as happy as it's ever likely to be. You're in a minority if you think the Gulf map is a waste of time and money, as I am sure ED already are aware of or they'd not have invested so much time and money into it. Your interests are of no interest to anyone except yourself. If you have anything constructive or relevant to say, go ahead. If not, then why say anything at all?

You can look at the two current buyable maps. The playerbase on those V the default map is a lot lower, so his point is to convice him how this is going to be worth when the main servers will be running Caucasus still anyway.

You can look at the two current buyable maps. The playerbase on those V the default map is a lot lower, so his point is to convice him how this is going to be worth when the main servers will be running Caucasus still anyway.

That is only because the Caucus redesigned came after the release of NTTR and Normandy. For the longest time NTTR was the most popular map - period.

When the Persian Gulf drops, most servers will be running it - enjoy being the minority...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I am very excited and looking forward to the Persian Gulf map. Simply because it is what NTTR and Normandy aren't.

A map which was and is a base for many real-life conflicts (Modern jets, obviously). Not just a map for training, not just a map for a specific range of aircraft.

I'm sure it will be great, and I can't wait to fly all the modules over that map (especially Hawg, Tomcat, Flanker and Hornet).

There are thousands of options on this map.

I don't fly on Normandy or NTTR either, but that's because those maps aren't for me. Since I can only speak for myself, I'll certainly enjoy the Persian Gulf a lot! I hope you do too. Because it's different from both available maps that we have right now.

"Why should i pay for yet another map im never gonna play! stop splitting up the community and mp servers and start building these together into zones or something that actually makes sense!

to expensive!

Why should i buy it? TE]

Forgive me but I don't really understand why you think this might be a bad thing. I myself go on this site to learn more about military flying. I know of no better platform for realism and detail than DCS and therefore what I am able to learn. For me the more settings that there are the more various and interesting the learning experience. But that's just me - I'm just wondering if you could kindly explain to me more why you have a difficulty with a new map.

Thank you

Why should i buy it?

To have a change on your missions background? ... you seem to asume that everyone just plays online, when in fact most play off-line. I love the variety and havent regreted a single map purchase :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team
Why should i pay for yet another map im never gonna play! stop splitting up the community and mp servers and start building these together into zones or something that actually makes sense!

to expensive!

Why should i buy it?

Convince you, hmmm... ok.

You can finally use quotes from Iron Eagle and not feel out of place?

"Now you may deal directly with me now; Colonel Nakir Nakesh!"

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png