wandering slew bug

thrustvector

I have a wandering slew problem since last update, I have tried repair and its still there.

basically I slew to target and all of a sudden the reticule develops a mind of its own, itl just slew around/down by itself, if you try and take control you can but its trying to for example go down, and your fighting to get it up......ok no laughter there

even if I reset, itl do it again, maybe not straight away but it will do it.

now I have had and flew the shark for ages so I know how to target, but never had this before,

its with vhikrs

also as stated in other post, control stick stops working randomly for 10-15 seconds.

moved to here as I believe this is a bug that wasn't there before updates/2.5 etc

hmm, I have never had it before the recent updates, ok I have a really bad track, have you tried flying while a cat demands attention, sits n your keyboard, jumps on you, pushes his head onto you and generally gets in the way till you have finished.?

it still shows, although I was not hovering properly....fighting said cat, I tried to circle when it happened, also the controls froze when I circled the stick, I was moving it in circles with nothing happening,

I have to re start when this happens most times as the shark becomes very hard to control no matter what assists you have on,

if you can fast forward to when I'm near the x airfield that's the prob area

slewcontrol VL.trk

I just noticed it too... the reticle slews to the left (and sometimes down) uncontrollably.

I wouldn't mind if it had trouble locking a target (that is realistic)... it is irritating though when it just wanders to its gimbal limit!

Well, I am seeing this since flying BS1.

Sometimes rarely - sometimes more often, but I so far I for myself would not call it vanished (mean: fixed) for a longer period.

I doubt that it will be fixed as it cannot really be tracked down to its cause. At least least it looks like that.

well I'm sorry if this seems to be flogging a dead horse, but this really is a bad bug, the module is virtually unplayable, no amount of resetting is solving the problem,

I realise that for some this problem has been around for a while, but for me at least its only just reared its ugly head, and I feel it should be tracked down.

I for one as I'm sure other shark flyers will be more than happy to test as many things as possible and provide as much info as possible.

I have that track above and as virtually every time I fly it goes wrong can give as many tracks as needed.

as new modules are constantly being made, surely the older ones should be near perfect, we are owed that

well although not a good one, the one I posted does show it, just fast forward to the X airfield, it also shows the control lock, which to be honest is rare, but every time I fly I get the slew problem now, so it seems something has made it worse, ill add another better track today

I realise that for some this problem has been around for a while, but for me at least its only just reared its ugly head, and I feel it should be tracked down.

I already replied on your other thread, but figured it doesn't hurt to comment here too.

I see this frequently in 2.5, as from recent.

I basically never see it in 1.5.7, can't remember having any issues since BS1.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

yea I did notice thanks Holton, same for me, never even knew this prob existed till now, maybe together we can add some tracks, its a shame we cant edit down the tracks to just the bit you need, but that last track I have saved as a mission so can just re run it

You need to post as much detail as possible when this situation happens. So the devs can possibly recreate the scenario when this happens. Such as... What is your air speed, what weapon if any is selected, is the target moving or stationary, laser on or off, What your location is, what is the targets location, on which map, did you autostart or manual, is it near any building power lines or trees that could interefere with the line of sight of the Shkval. These are things the devs really need, basically the exact state of your heli when this bug happens. This is why they posted this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=577014&postcount=1 (that hardly anyone reads before reporting a bug). More than likely the devs will ignore anything without this information, because it would take them hours and hours looking thru code with little to no information.

Next time you experience this bug, pause the game and note in much detail as possible what is going on. Just a suggestion...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

You can see a lot thru the track. But also I have a HOTAS, which is "synched" when entering the simulation. So switches you might have on or off may not be the case for me or others. I saved this track as a mission file and ran different scenarios with it using mission editor. I flew the default mission, which is an air start and experienced the same slewing problem as you. I ran the mission using a cold start from the airport, and experienced no problems at all. So this bug may well be caused by the autostart function in which some of the switches are not turned on. Possibly even with the K041 switch, in cold start it takes a few minutes to get "ready"(up to 4 minutes). Where as a hot start/autostart/or already in the air may have a different result. Weather may also play a part along with temperature, try the same scenario in the summer and see if you get the same results. I think really though it may be part of the hot start, at least from my perspective of doing the mission from starting in the air and having the slew problem. And then from a cold start at the airfield and having no problem.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I see what you mean reaper sorry, the auto start is purely for speed, of accessing the mission, usually I always cold start, that same quick mission in the track will be part of a bigger mission I'm making, so just as said run it for speed, it happens whenever I play the shark in my missions, someone else's or pre packed mission/campaigns.

also using a tm warthog stick and throttle, it does it on all the in game campaigns, in any weather even the courier mission lol.

the weird thing for me was never having it before, or even heard of the bug, then all of a sudden after a couple of updates ago its been every time I fly, laser isn't on a start only when needed, I'm wondering if its an actual shiv problem, as itl do it with whatever weapon is in use, rarely with guns, but it has happened

thanks for the extra help

just a thought here, but the more I try it I'm sure its something to do with the shiv/and or range finding.

reason....a lot of the time when you try an lock a target it shows a complety false range that you know to be wrong, and while looking at the abris you can see its targeting something closer than what you can see in the shiv that its actually locked onto or in a totally different place than whats on the screen

OK now how to you slew your Shkval?

For me this happens only very very rare. And iam sure that this is not a Bug because ED didnt fix it in nearly 10 years.

Most people with this problem slew the Shkval with the ministick. Using a Coolie Hat may Help.

Also restet your Shkval more often.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

OK now how to you slew your Shkval?

For me this happens only very very rare. And iam sure that this is not a Bug because ED didnt fix it in nearly 10 years.

Most people with this problem slew the Shkval with the ministick. Using a Coolie Hat may Help.

Also restet your Shkval more often.

As we have reported, what we see now has just appeared. Many of us have flown the Shark for a long time (BS1 myself) without this problem. I personally, as already mentioned, basically only see it in 2.5, not in 2.2, and frequently. In 1.5.7, as I consider my main version, almost never, if any at all. And I do reset the Shkval frequently.

It's definitely something new.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

as Holton181 and even jeffdude says.. I don't even use it on the stick or coolie, I use the (dms far left for a10c) and never had this in earlier versions, and flown the shark for long enough now, was (is one of my fav modules)

I think to say just because it hasn't been fix it cant be a bug is well.....you know.