Top Posters In This Topic

What is the desired release date ish?

ASAP

Sith should have been in politics.

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Caucasus update will be a Uuuuge improvement, and ED will build it, and pay for it, you have my word!

Funny responses guys! :D

giphy.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

hey,

just noticed, that on the new screenshots, it is quite obvious that the trees are way too big in relation to the houses.

i could imagine that trees are scaled up a little bit deliberately to get away with fewer trees while maintaining the same density.

however, if it is done intentionally, i think it is overdone a little bit.

otherwise the screenshots look truly fantastic. really lookign forward to new caucasus....

The trees are awesome! Just keep them big, ED icon14.gif

Edited by Mike68

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The trees are awesome! Just keep them big, ED icon14.gif

+1

People regularly seem to underestimate the size of full grown trees. This argument comes up again and again when discussing flightsims and other games. Everybody who thinks trees are overdone should have a walk outside and compare them next to some multi storey apartment building, so that their height can be easily judged.

+1

People regularly seem to underestimate the size of full grown trees. This argument comes up again and again when discussing flightsims and other games. Everybody who thinks trees are overdone should have a walk outside and compare them next to some multi storey apartment building, so that their height can be easily judged.

yes, but still. look at this screenshot

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/5bb/Screen_170912_123251.jpg

and compare the trees to the 5-storey buildings. these trees seem to be well above 15 meters average.

you might find single tress that high in this climate, but i am pretty sure that would be quite extraoridnary still...

that said, i do think you are right, that it's hard to judge the size of full grown trees in reality and maybe the treees on the new map are more realistic than i thought. (i still think they may be a tiny bit too big in average though...)

Edited by twistking

The trees have grown alot in 72 years.

Don’t cut or trim the trees!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Beech or adler trees that are popular in Caucasus are 35 meters tall on average. Beech can grow to 60m whereas smaller adler hits around 40. Average height of 4 storey block of flats is 13 meters.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Video of the Map dedicated to the new GPS but there are some nice views

oh 3:21 the soldier moving :)

btw i just realized the helicopter was taxing to the runway lol. never thought they could taxi -.-

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

It's been a while btw

Thats so awesome to see. haha. neat. :D :thumbup::thumbup:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

An example of some of the new mountain textures that the art team is working on.

See there you go sneaking up on us again dropping peeks into the Caucasus map. It's looking pretty awesome sir and it looks ready to fly....:D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional