Color or monochrome displays?

Schmidtfire

Im a bit curious about the displays in Harrier. They show yellow graphics for text. navigation info, engine info, weapons etc. In DMT and TPOD mode there is a heavy green tint. Moving map will be, color? Just trying to wrap my head around it all. Are they full color displays?

Thx

“Multipurpose Color Display”

So yep, it’s got colors, I can only assume. Sample pictures of the map show it in full color as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Thanks for the info!

So... why the green tint from TPOD and DMT? Is it because it is filtered for NVG use?

Both in CCD and FLIR the images are tinted green. In A-10C the TGP image is b&w.

Im sure Zeuz67 is correct in his research, just curios why the map will be color but the video image is green. Looks cool though :)

Thanks for the info!

So... why the green tint from TPOD and DMT? Is it because it is filtered for NVG use?

Both in CCD and FLIR the images are tinted green. In A-10C the TGP image is b&w.

Im sure Zeuz67 is correct in his research, just curios why the map will be color but the video image is green. Looks cool though :)

I think it is so it is NVG compatible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Only the moving map is displayed in full color. All other displays, including TPOD, NAVFLIR and DMT are in greenscale.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."