Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked the new manual and it's a great piece of work. Well done BD! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi can you please upload also the cockpit layout and check list, I have on my pc the 2.2 open alpha and old files....

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Hyd indications are rather fantaisist indeed at this time. Somehow, I'm not "shocked" to read it's therefore not functional (it would be wrong to write not simulated). Yeah, I'm nitpicking ;)

Known issue: p. 160, the button to press on the PCA isn't [TEL], it's [TOP].

++

Az'

spacer.png

This is probably the best manuals we ever got. Very nice. It helps me a lot to actually identify where is what on this bird. Will need to spend much more time delving into it. Thanks Baltic Dragon!

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Hey, if i may give some feedback. The M2000C joystick and Throttle buttons description, would be easier to use if the listed buttons where separated by some kind of frame. It's sometimes a bit hard to tell which button does what.

Thanks for the manual ;-)

Thank you very much

Thank you very much for this really well made manual. Unfortunately most developers of complex software underestimate the need for a written manual and the customer satisfaction that is coming with it. Only with this manual the Mirage is now a complete module for DCS not only for experienced real life pilots but computer enthusiast, as I am. Hope, the Harrier will get such a useful manual as well.

Hi. Looked through the manual after a long time and i must say, a very impressive work indeed that you have done.

But, found few things that might be off (even tho im no expert) but my feedback is as follows:

Page 32 -

Radio select switch- Aux. UHF Radio SELECT- LAlt + Num+

(should be Num-)

Page 33 -

MAGIC SEARCH/NAV UPDATE- Should be 'Magic Unlock/NAV Update' ? (well, according to the keybinds anyhow)

If magic is selcted and Master Arm is ON, the seeker cross will act as an search point,

but when one presses the magic unlock, seeker head tracking is dropped to deafault pos.

So the buttons to be called as a "Magic search" makes no sense or im complitely missing something here.

Page 173 -

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE - It shows the barometric altitude of the aircraft (as stated) BUT,

43 stands 4300 ft.

If you are at or above 10000 ft you get 3 digit number, for example, '123' being 12300 ft.

Same goes for targets (stated correctly afterwards in the manual)

As my knowledge goes- in Flight Level, basically. Dont forget to sync QNH with ur wingman when doing cold start ;D

Page 174 -

4. This time not only CAS is visible, you can also see the mach number below.

Overall correct, but airspeed is shown in IAS.?

Page 230 -

I would add an * to the statement to state that

* all values editable on the ground with engines off.

(just to make it more clear for new fliers out there)

Correct me if im wrong, we all learn every day :))

Regards.

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

Does the autopilot works as per manual ? It doesn't work with me. Am I doing something wrong ?

Especially the Hold Altitude AP

Yes, ALT mode is working.

Are you sure you didn't forget to engage PA first ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I have searched in the manual for some detailed info about something I have always have doubts in the m2000...the radar screen when being jammed...I have no much info of what can be done once someone is jamming (the dashed lines and such)...the manual seems to not say anything about this if Im not mistaken so some detailed info on teh symbols, and procedure on this subjet would be very appreciated :)

Take a look at my MODS here

Hi, great manual thanks a lot!

I'm only just getting familiar with DCS but I noticed that the RWR in game shows M2 for what I think is an M-2000C but the manual says that that 2KC should be expected for M-2000c. Is one or the other incorrect?

I will check, I'll get some more suggestions / questions together and update the stuff on one go. Now I want to focus on Red Flag :)

Nope, doesn't work for me. Any other pre-requisits ? Alttude difference, attitude ? Minimum speed is 200kts if I remember correctly.

I am pretty sure it works fine, at least for me. ALT hold will hold the current altitude if engaged in level flight or current bank (up to a limits) if engaged during a turn after the basic mode was engaged. The selected alt mode also works, but it turns on when you approach the desired altitude, i.e. you have to first set the aircraft to climb or descend using the basic mode.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png