Slightly odd new tendency to roll right? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #11
jcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post
OK. But I am unsure how one can get the aircraft to fly with the engine idling...
Well,

I guess he did it to come down for landing. But it's not really required to idle - simply reducing power to 0 boost will do the trick I guess...
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #12
Hornetjock

I have been flying the Spitfire for about six months and have always had a slight right roll in flight. I just trim it out with a little rudder - which is not aerodynamically ideal, as the aircraft is "crabbing" a tiny bit as you can see by the ball.
Hornetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #13
jcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetjock View Post
I have been flying the Spitfire for about six months and have always had a slight right roll in flight. I just trim it out with a little rudder - which is not aerodynamically ideal, as the aircraft is "crabbing" a tiny bit as you can see by the ball.

Are you using rudder trim to Starboard for takeoff ? If so, you'll have to "undo" it for cruise.

Don't use rudder - use rudder trim instead because although still a bit abrupt in this DCS Spitfire, it is certainly a finner adjustment.
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote