Eurpean thatre : Normandy Approrpiate Bf109? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #31
DD_Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
stood up with the wrong foot today?
the most likely plane to encounter as an allied pilot would be another allied aircraft in normandy 1944....not much action in the air in this point of time.
Then I suggest you read some AARs from the 2nd TAF, or the Ninth Army Air Force from this time; they tell a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
if you insist on staying at this map in this time period, while we already know that another european ww2 map is in progress, then yes, a late g whatever version makes more sense...and if you want it historical, then better only sell like 20modules of it, and watch the ww2 part of dcs die.
Riiiiiiiiiight.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #32
birdstrike

yeah there was much action in the air...mainly allied. especially at the areas we have on the map. anyway...im out of this discussion now. got better things to do now than arguing for hours about planes we might never see anyway.

go for a late g model mate and not much will change.
birdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #33
ACG_IronJockel

This thread is a Deja vue:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158033

IMHO G14 and/or G10 should be added as addons for the K4 module. Earlier models could be warped up in their own module.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #34
DefaultFace

After a while every thread here is Deja vu

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #35
DB 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel4y View Post

Lets face it, noone who owns the K-4 would buy a G-14 for another 50$, its too similiar and a waste of model. Many Allied only jocks dont even own axis planes at all. So, whos the audience here?
The only late G model that makes sense to me is a G-10 as addon to the K-4. Same engine, same everything, just slower and lighter. Remove a few 3 model parts, throw in MG151 code, remove a few kilos in the code, done!

I am not even sure the A-8 will sell well, there is no real reason to choose it over the Dora except for nicer looks and supposed accuracy for the inaccurate Normandy map. I own the Dora and I dont think I will invest in such a similiar plane.The same argument as I made for the G-14 performance can be made for the A-8, but at least it has a different engine and is sexier.

Don't tell anyone, but i'm pretty sure most of the 109 fans out there (me included) would buy G14 in a heartbeat. Same goes to A8. With DCS level of system modelling/FM etc i'll buy every ww2 plane they build even if i only can fly them around and learn to master them.

Of course i too hope other improvements come and there will be actual DCS ww2 game with missions etc to play some day...
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

DB 605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #36
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 605 View Post
Don't tell anyone, but i'm pretty sure most of the 109 fans out there (me included) would buy G14 in a heartbeat. Same goes to A8. With DCS level of system modelling/FM etc i'll buy every ww2 plane they build even if i only can fly them around and learn to master them.

Of course i too hope other improvements come and there will be actual DCS ww2 game with missions etc to play some day...
+1

S!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #37
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
This thread is a Deja vue:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158033

IMHO G14 and/or G10 should be added as addons for the K4 module. Earlier models could be warped up in their own module.

Here is how I'd prefer to see ED market these modules; to develop them in pairs. i.e. 1 Allied and 1 Axis aircraft, both of similar role and both of which enetred front-line service around the same time.

For example:
- Spitfire Mark vB (early 1941) and the 109 F2 or F4 (late 1940, mid 1941)
or FW190 A1 (mid 1941)
- Spitfire IX (March 1943) and the Bf109 G6 (February 1943)
Unfortunately, due to development time etc.. this is probably not a relistic expectation, gievn that aircraft tend to be released singly, and not in "sets" like this
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #38
ACG_IronJockel

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post
Here is how I'd prefer to see ED market these modules; to develop them in pairs. i.e. 1 Allied and 1 Axis aircraft, both of similar role and both of which enetred front-line service around the same time.

For example:
or FW190 A1 (mid 1941)
Unfortunately, due to development time etc.. this is probably not a relistic expectation, given that aircraft tend to be released singly, and not in "sets" like this
Something like flammig cliffs for WW2 to create a good basis to grow from would be neat.

However, releasing other versions of the same aircraft with minor differences as addons, is what i think would work best.
Model a G14 / G10 based upon the K4 and the data they probably gathered on these for making the K. Then sell each for lets say 10 to 20 bucks?
Quick source of income, from my perspective of course. This way we probably would see bugfixes for the k4, but now i'm going off topic.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #39
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post

For example:
or FW190 A1 (mid 1941)
Unfortunately, due to development time etc.. this is probably not a relistic expectation, gievn that aircraft tend to be released singly, and not in "sets" like this
The thing is it's never that easy or straightforward. Spitfire IX first prototype is from 1942 IIRC but the model flew throughout the whole war and until 50's. The name stayed but the model experienced changes through that period of time, so Bf109F4/Fw190A-4 Vs Spitfire IX is not a straight comparison whatsoever. How could devs make such pairs keeping them more or less "balanced" but bearing in mind once you select a model it won't change, it's a lot of money and development time, so it makes sense going for the "ultimate" model of the thing in DCS, but then the pairs wouldn't be those you think of . How to make it then while keeping nitpicky customers that would choose a different pair each one of them happy?

S!

Last edited by Ala13_ManOWar; 10-11-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Ala13_ManOWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #40
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
The thing is it's never that easy or straightforward. Spitfire IX first prototype is from 1942 IIRC but the model flew throughout the whole war and until 50's.

I agree that this isn't easy. This why I used the term "entered service".
The day the first air-frame with that designation entered an operational squadon. This gets around the problem of propotypes, and at least then it can be argued that the aircraft are contemporaries with each other, if they entered service close to each other in time.

In the end though, you are right. There is no perfect solution to all this. Just look at all the discussions we had with IL2:Cliffs of Dover, for the Spitfire alone:
Spitfire 1 (87 octane)
Spitfire 1 (100 octane)
Spitfire 1a (87 octane +rotol),
Spitfire 1a (100 octane +rotol)
Spitfire 2a.
And questions about whether or not the 1b or 2b should be included!
All of this for "one" aircraft over a 6 month period of the war
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote