Non combat aircraft

Jester986

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like a realistic Combat Air Patrol? ;)

Exactly this!

Could you be any more correct shagrat?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

"The C-130 has no weapons!!!"

Ha Ha, you underestimate it's power!!

*video*

(this is probably just a test of the bomb, I have no idea if this is how it's actually deployed)

It is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Nangarhar_airstrike

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It would be great to have a MV-22B operating along AV-8. Cheers.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

So, at the end i think a C-130 is, let´s see how this can be a reality in DCS, stay tuned...no deadlines, no release dates, NOTHING on this yet, i don´t even know if someone from the other dev teams reads this as well and call it dibs..

is there any info about this decision? at least could you talk to ed about this project?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

is there any info about this decision? at least could you talk to ed about this project?

He literally said "NOTHING on this yet". I think this is pretty clear ;)

It's very very very very early in this project, if it even can already be called a project at all.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

E-2B/C Hawkeye?

+1

It'd be really awesome to have a dedicated AWACS aircraft instead of the pesky F10 map. And if you make the E-2, you might as well release a C-2 too. Then we'll have both our first AWACS and our first transport. Imagine doing night traps in those babies. Gosh! :joystick:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Being able to transport cargo would definetly change the dynamics of the game. Instead of having infinite suplies on the airbases, we would have limited suplies that would be restocked by the cargo planes. If ED adds the possibility to fly an awacs, how would we be able to comunicate with it?? Voice chatting with the radar operator or using the menu like we do now? The voice chat doesent seem a good option because of all the trolls.

FACTA NON VERBA

EX MERO MOTU

Those two I will never forget!

If you'd count an S-3B as a 'non-combat' aircraft I'd be up for that as well.

Well the S-3B is still mostly combat since it's used mostly for things like Sub hunting and all. I was thinking of maybe a KC-10 Extender or maybe a C-17?

If C-130 it'll be then it should include different variants, maybe even the EC-130V ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

So, at the end i think a C-130 is, let´s see how this can be a reality in DCS, stay tuned...no deadlines, no release dates, NOTHING on this yet, i don´t even know if someone from the other dev teams reads this as well and call it dibs..

It would be totally awesome to have a C-130 in DCS. It doesn't have to be the newest Juliet version, I would favour a Hotel with steam gauges. With given difficulties to simulate newest military hardware (i.e. get the approval/licence), this might be the better version to aim for.

Will you give us a sign if and when you start working on the C-130?

• 3 weeks later...
Razbam just asked on their facebook what non combat military aircraft would we be interested in?

And their post said no trainers... but a carrier trainer sure would be useful in the near future.

Your thoughts?

I could not agree with you more. Not the easiest thing in the world to do - learn to land on an aircraft carrier with a front-line fighter jet, like the soon (eventually) to be release F/A-18.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone