anyone using a 4k HD TV as your main monitor?

I've been using a HD LCD 1080p TV for years as my main monitor.

I would like to upgrade and have been toying with getting a 46-50" 4k TV.

Anyone use one with suggestions?

PS

Yes, I know all the technical points of argument against using TV's as monitors, I just can't go back to the small PC monitors.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

I'm using a 35'' 3440x1440p120 Acer Z35P now in place of those triple monitors. Other options are the 49'' Samsung CHG90 (or whatever) and of course the BFD whicj is like 60'' isn't it? You can get big monitors :p

I have a friend using something similar to this Sony KD70X690E 70-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FRV68G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_w52KBbEFB7WHB

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

IMO 50 inch is a good number but be aware if you are using track IR where to place it. You probably will be seating close to the screen same distance as to monitor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Tvs are becoming better monitors, but be aware that traditional desktop monitors have more options for models with high color accuracy such as sRGB 100% or Adobe, depending on preference. But even there there are more TVs that are better with color accuracy recently and coming out.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

IMO 50 inch is a good number but be aware if you are using track IR where to place it. You probably will be seating close to the screen same distance as to monitor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've thought about this in relation to the BFGD.

I think if you put the TrackIR on a pole behind your chair with the LEDs or reflectors facing rearward, you won't have any problems with loss of tracking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4K tv works with DCS for sure....but:

1.) beware of TVs with poor input lag.

2.) beware of brutal spotting visibility in DCS at 4K, especially if you want to compete online MP air-to-air combat. You will be at a distinct disadvantage against the myriad of 1080p users out there.

See my TV below in sig if you're interested:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

4K tv works with DCS for sure....but:

1.) beware of TVs with poor input lag.

2.) beware of brutal spotting visibility in DCS at 4K, especially if you want to compete online MP air-to-air combat. You will be at a distinct disadvantage against the myriad of 1080p users out there.

See my TV below in sig if you're interested:

I think you're wrong on spotting with 4k. The problem isn't the resolution but the pixel density. The larger the screen, the lower the pixel density, increasing ability of spotting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the input everyone.

I ended up getting a 43" 4K and it is awesome.

Took me about 4 hours to get everything all setup...mostly had to re-write all the MFD export .lua files for the new desktop resolution.

Best 250 bucks I've spent in awhile.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR