Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter Series of Flight-Control Sticks

(Shenzhen, China / Norman, OK USA) - December 29, 2016 – VKB Industries and VKB-Sim North America are proud to announce the new and innovative Gunfighter series of flight-control sticks.

nyDn3YW.jpg

The Gunfighter series continues VKB-Sim’s commitment to creating a highly modular control device; here are a few highlights:

A new quick release locking mechanism with improved electric contacts allows the user to quickly customize and configure the Gunfighter’s grip configuration; this includes the possibility to swap out adapted grips, or install the grip at an ergonomic angle based on the placement of the stick (e.g., a zero angle grip rotation might be a good choice for a side stick, while a fifteen degree twist to the left might be best for a center-mounted stick, while putting less strain on the wrist).

q6CezWM.jpg

Newly developed adapters allow the Gunfighter to work with non-VKB grips, such as those of the ‘Thrustmaster ® Warthog ™’, or the ‘Defender Cobra M5’ sticks.

In addition to the already familiar high-quality components of the all-metal gimbal of the ‘Mamba MkIII’ or ‘Gladiator Pro,’ VKB engineers are proud to announce a new, innovative feature of the Gunfighter’s gimbal: force-adjustable dry clutches.

wZe8bYd.jpg

These ‘clutches’ allow the user to change the friction of the stick’s movement along its way of travel. This lets the user overcome a spring-loaded stick’s tendency to return back to center - which might be especially useful during helicopter flight (or wherever else desired). With the right amount of friction configured, the stick will stay put where the user wants it to stay – even off-center!

With this innovative new feature, the Gunfighter series of controllers will enhance the realistic overall feeling of VKB sticks even further – the Gunfighter’s stick movement feels “heavier”, and the added friction prevents oscillations when letting go of the stick.

VKB engineers managed to keep these dry clutches small without the need to enlarge the base of the stick, so the new Gunfighter remains a compact controller for desktop usage.

FdcnBJy.jpg

During the design phase of these stick, the VKB-Sim engineers implemented user feedback and drew from their vast experience to create a most reliable, professional controller with excellent performance and customization options at a reasonable price – the all-new Gunfighter series.

7bMECqA.jpg

The base and the centering mechanism of the stick are made entirely of metal. The use of high-quality and high-performance metals results in an accurate and robust construction with a minimum number of components; this will have a positive effect on the reliability and longevity of the product.

Update on the production status of the VKB-Sim Gunfighter series:

VKB-Sim is currently underway to start the production of the Gunfighter series of flight simulation controllers. Pre-ordering for all Gunfighter variants will commence at the final stage of the initial production run.

Stay tuned for further VKB-Sim announcements as the Gunfighter release gets closer!

Standard Gunfighter equipment:

- Gunfighter base, including VKB-Sim’s next-gen, all metal gimbal with ‘dry clutches’

- Gimbal supports up to two springs per axis

- Swappable KG-12 grip (plastic)

- USB-Controller ‘BlackBox’

- Set of exchangeable cams and springs

- Set of cables

- Protective “Remove before flight” Dust Cover

8NrYDb3.jpg

PRICE: MSRP $299 USD (plus shipping)

Gunfighter Pro

In addition to the Gunfighter’s equipment, the Gunfighter Pro includes:

- A stick extension (20cm / 8”)

- A smaller base-plate with pre-drilled holes (useful for center-mounting inside a simulation cockpit)

jOSMv8w.jpg

PRICE: MSRP $359 USD (plus shipping)

Gunfighter ECP (Enhanced Control Panel)

To expand the development of the Gunfighter lineup, the Gunfighter ECP is also underway.

AIqSMZJ.jpg

The ‘ECP’ version is designed for virtual pilots who need a large enough set of controls in the form of buttons, toggle switches, and encoders in addition to what the standard grip offers.

In essence, the Gunfighter ECP offers an enhanced control panel that an be attached to the Gunfighter’s base, with many additional ways to interact with the simulation of choice. This removable panel adds a lot of versatility to the standard Gunfighter, while still remaining compact enough for desktop use. Stay tuned for more details on the Gunfighter ECP coming up soon.

For more information, please contact:

NorthAmerica@VKB-Sim.pro

http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

VKB-Sim Gunfighter Announcement.pdf

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Links added; thanks.

@Beeroshima - according to VKB HQ, the Gunfighter should be available for ordering in March, however, pre-ordering will start sooner than that

Right now, you can already reserve one (free of charge).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

dampening dampening dampening

Oh no! It's Christmas again! :helpsmilie:

As a Black Mamba MkIII owner (an already top-notch flightstick), I can only be excited by this announcement and the pretty pictures.

I remember a while back UIV said on the Il-2 forums the Gunfighter had a "little something" no other current flightstick had. One of my guesses (and hopes) was a dampening system!

That friction/dampening solution alone is a fantastic technological improvement and I can't wait to get a Gunfighter and have a taste of that new feeling and improved smoothness and accuracy.

Please tell March to kick January and February out of the calendar. Thanks! :joystick:

• Like 1

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

The gimbal looks promising, the friction system might be a nice alternative to FFB sticks if it works as advertised, plus I'm intrigued by what the ECP will look like.

Will the adapters for other grips be available immediately? Given that no modern grip is available yet, IMHO it would be fair to have one included in the base package.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The gimbal looks promising, the friction system might be a nice alternative to FFB sticks if it works as advertised, plus I'm intrigued by what the ECP will look like.

Will the adapters for other grips be available immediately? Given that no modern grip is available yet, IMHO it would be fair to have one included in the base package.

According to my chat with VKB HQ yesterday, the TM Warthog adapter will ship at the same time as the Gunfighter will. So at least folks can have their Warthog grip ready to go with the Gunfighter. :)

I've seen some early renders of the ECP and you basically drop that panel full of switches, buttons and dials over the Gunfighter (tabletop) and you end up having that "sea of buttons" available at your fingertips. Promising concept indeed.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I have the older VKB Black Mamba, with the extension, Thrustmaster adapter and the new cam gimbal. It's a great stick! Although with the very heavy Warthog grip on top of the extension, it feels a bit light. But the gimbal is very sturdy and incredibly precise. Combined with the really good angle sensors, so even the smallest of inputs are transferred from your hand to the simulator. It has very little friction. I think that introducing controlled friction damping like they do with the Gunfighter, is a great idea! Looking forward to test it...

Will there be an adapter for the Warthog grip?

Ooops, reading is helpful. Now I found it: "Newly developed adapters allow the Gunfighter to work with non-VKB grips, such as those of the ‘Thrustmaster ® Warthog ™’, or the ‘Defender Cobra M5’ sticks."

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I am looking forward to this one, going to use my Warthog grip with it though...

That adjustable clutch system sounds sweet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nice is the Metal Grip still on the Road Plan? Or is there any difference in the Future with metal Grip about the Base?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Links added; thanks.

@Beeroshima - according to VKB HQ, the Gunfighter should be available for ordering in March, however, pre-ordering will start sooner than that

Right now, you can already reserve one (free of charge).

Where does one do this?

Sent when i should be working instead

Yeah Man

Got to get the metal gimbal for my Thrustmaster Warthog...

This is an exciting news ...

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Will the warthog adapters require modding the warthog stick, or will the warthog stick still use the threaded collar?

VKB adapter is different from Warthog, don't use collar nut. But a retainer bolt.

Is need open the grip and fit the adapter inside, after this the grip became "Warthog incompatible" (until reverse the process). See there the process involved:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2178

VKB adapter is different from Warthog, don't use collar nut. But a retainer bolt.

Is need open the grip and fit the adapter inside, after this the grip became "Warthog incompatible" (until reverse the process). See there the process involved:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2178

Will this adapter work with a Thrustmaster Cougar grip?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I will pre-order if you'll post a pr-order link. I cannot find one.

Thank you

W

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.

I will pre-order if you'll post a pr-order link. I cannot find one.

Thank you

W

Pre-ordering hasn't started yet; however, if you want to reserve one, contact me directly via http://www.VKBcontrollers.com > Contact :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Nice is the Metal Grip still on the Road Plan? Or is there any difference in the Future with metal Grip about the Base?

There's a modern jet style metal grip planned, however, no ETA. There will be a spacesim style grip (left/right handed versions) out before that, and a non-metal modern jet grip as well.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Where does one do this?

Sent when i should be working instead

Contact me directly via http://www.VKBcontrollers.com > Contact

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com