DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hey guys. I upgraded to 2.43 and somehow lost my radar ant. elevation control which for the F-16C, is mapped to the hat on the front of the right throttle. It's also mapped to the S3 button and slider, for VR guys I guess. That works but the hat stopped working. Like to get it back as it's a little easier to control the radar than the S3 and slider, which takes two hands. Anyway, think I did the upgrade correctly. Imported all the new *.diff.lua files and all. Not sure what happened. Any help or thoughts appreciated. Thanks all. And to HF for this great setup.

Hi everyone,

first of all a big "Thank you!" for the work you put into this Script Editor.

However I encoutered a couple of problems while trying this out. I just recently got a HOTAS Warthog Setup of my own and was looking for various premade profiles to map all the buttons for the various modules I own.

I followed your setup guide to the letter. Set up all the folders, profile files, VIACOM Pro, Chatter, AI RIO, configured CTS itself as described in the setup guide and setup the necessary modifiers in DCS for the profiles and VIACOM.

Running the profile went well enough, however NONE of the buttons that are mentioned in the provided JPGs seem to do the thinks they are supposed to do.

Not even the simplest "MASTER ARM Toggle" is mapped correctly on the M-2000C

I tok at least two hours to setup everything up properly, yet nothing I tried works.

1.) I don't own any MFDs

2.) I don't own any HeadTracking or VR hardware

3.) I don't own rudders, yet :(

I know I am supposed to get the above mentioned hardware pieces to get the full experience, but is there no way to make this work?

What am I doing wrong? Please help a fellow airman in need or point me in the right direction.

Thanks boys!

Hey there. As Home Fries surely knows, I've been using CTS with the M2000C for quite some time now, and I can assure everything works fine once you setup everything. Feel free to get in touch via PM or Discord or whatever messaging system you prefer!

Hey there. As Home Fries surely knows, I've been using CTS with the M2000C for quite some time now, and I can assure everything works fine once you setup everything. Feel free to get in touch via PM or Discord or whatever messaging system you prefer!

Really appreciate the quick answers and the offered help!

I was using the JPG Files provided in the CTS root folder to get a good grip on the key layouts, but as I said above they just don't seem to match up :noexpression:

E.g. I can't use the TRIM-HAT to look around in the cockpit, but the JPG says it should be mapped to FOV/Trim and Padlock in elevated/shifted mode.

I'l shoot you a PM once I have more time pinpoint my issues more clearly.

I was using the JPG Files provided in the CTS root folder to get a good grip on the key layouts, but as I said above they just don't seem to match up :noexpression:

There’s only so much room on the graphics, so they default to TrackIR users. I recommend giving the user reference a read, and definitely look at the hat1 section as well as the section for any module you fly (e.g. M2000C).

Hey guys. I upgraded to 2.43 and somehow lost my radar ant. elevation control which for the F-16C, is mapped to the hat on the front of the right throttle. It's also mapped to the S3 button and slider, for VR guys I guess. That works but the hat stopped working. Like to get it back as it's a little easier to control the radar than the S3 and slider, which takes two hands. Anyway, think I did the upgrade correctly. Imported all the new *.diff.lua files and all. Not sure what happened. Any help or thoughts appreciated. Thanks all. And to HF for this great setup.

I think the antenna elevation command remapped in the module. I'll have this updated in 2.44, or in a hotfix if 2.44 isn't available shortly.

Hey there!

Just a question, since I'm at work and can't test: does the Speedbrake switch on the throttle register an input in the middle position?

Just asking because I was having a look at the M2000C DCS manual, and noticed the part about the real speedbrake throttle switch behaviour (attached).

It would be cool if we could recreate the same scheme!

1997494695_Schermata2020-01-15alle11_34_22.thumb.png.00085427a2310914b7184b1af34e4f9d.png

Hey there!

Just a question, since I'm at work and can't test: does the Speedbrake switch on the throttle register an input in the middle position?

Just asking because I was having a look at the M2000C DCS manual, and noticed the part about the real speedbrake throttle switch behaviour (attached).

I can certainly make that happen. This describes the “binary-momentary” brake type in the CTS user reference, so this should be a simple fix.

Hey there!

Upon further review, it is already possible. In the CTS Values tab under DCS: M-2000C, set "Airbrake Type" to 0. I'll update the database to make 0 the new default value.

Sorry, fellas, but real life conspired against me and I won't be able to produce a hotfix, and the 2.44 release is on hold until February. In the meantime, just go to the DCS Options menu and Map Coolie Hat Up to ANT ELEV Knob - CW and Coolie Hat Down to ANT ELEV Knob - CCW. You can find these in the F-16 controller by pressing = and - respectively.

Upon further review, it is already possible. In the CTS Values tab under DCS: M-2000C, set "Airbrake Type" to 0. I'll update the database to make 0 the new default value.

I don't know why it took a couple of builds to actually register the change in the values, but in the end I made it work, and I think it's perfect. Thank you!

Hi Home Fries,

I use a wh-base with a cougar stick and my tqs is connected by a Tusba variant. Your f16 profile works great. but when I try to use a FC3 plane. I receive this error line:

Runtime Error: Incorrect parameters number for: MapKeyUMD in TriggerZoom_MapGearDn_WH ( line 885 in DCS/CommState_WH.tmc )

Any Clue? Thanks in advance.

Hi Home Fries,

I use a wh-base with a cougar stick and my tqs is connected by a Tusba variant. Your f16 profile works great. but when I try to use a FC3 plane. I receive this error line:

Runtime Error: Incorrect parameters number for: MapKeyUMD in TriggerZoom_MapGearDn_WH ( line 885 in DCS/CommState_WH.tmc )

Any Clue? Thanks in advance.

I wasn't able to duplicate the error on either the Su-25 or A-10A.

The only thing I can think of is that a Tusba TQS does not connect to the profile (it's seen as a separate controller), so you should not set Warthog Throttle to 2 in the CTS settings. Other than that, please post your dcs_world.tmc file so I can try to duplicate the error with your settings.

Hi Home Fries,

Thanks for al the great work!

We already have High Contrast MFD layouts for all the current German WW2 fighters.

Can you please also create High Contrast MFD layouts for the allied WW2 fighters the P-51D and the Spitfire.

Thanks. :pilotfly:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Slew control way to sensitive on warthog

SOLVED! Could be adjusted in game:)

Hi and thx for a great tool.

When using the SC(warthog slew control) it moves way too fast. It becomes unusable. I cant use the target designator(Su27) to lock targets. It just jumps all over the HUD.(Had similar problems in frogfoot when using camera thingy)

There is a value setting "Microstick/SC Scale when mouse(-20 to 20)" but changing it I notice no difference. (I am not sure this applies to when SC is used as a target designator but I cant find any other setting that is close to relevant.)

Advice please!

Edited by SkallePer

Hi Home Fries,

Ok, I figured it out. When I put in a check to prevent remapping when the station wasn't changed, I didn't do it right for POV.

Open DCS_World.tmc in the TARGET Script Editor, compile it, then find the file called DCS_Global_Subs.tmc in the left column.

Then navigate to line 3297 which should read

else if (TrackIR > 1)

Replace this with

else if (TrackIR != 1)

This will be fixed in he next release. I'm too far along to do a hotfix right now, so for now you'll need to do this yourself.

Thanks a lot! I updated CTS then I checked the line and in fact it looks like you added that one as of now. It should be in line 3298 i guess? =)

Here is another minor thing:

I just got the nice Bundle (F/A-18C + Supercarrier) and fired up CTS of course! I'm so glad it exists....

I noticed that when I try to center my view in the F/A-18C cockpit (no VR & no TrackIR) with the trim hat on the HOTAS Cougar (double tap up), it doesn't do anything like it does in the SU-27 & F-14. It seems the center-view commands in the controls menue for the F/A-18C are empty as well after loading up the kb and hc profiles like I did in every other module.

BTW hope you are doing ok! Have a lot of work to do and not enough time for DCS...

Greetings,

Cabal

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Thank you for this! I have a small issue. Hopefully someone can advise.

I've adjusted SRS and my Vaicom Pro mappings as per the manual. When i'm in the A10C, using the gunpac switch activates my comms, specifically tx2 and tx5. Sometimes temporarily. Other times they get stuck hotmic'd. Is this a known issue or something on my end? Thanks again!

Hi Home Fries,

I am the owner of TM Cugar. As I recently found out that Thrusmaster is releasing the HOTAS Magnetic Base for sale, I am thinking of buying.

Of course, I don't want to give up on Cougar Throttle. I have read about the possibility of using TUSBA. As I understand TARGET does not support this solution but is it possible to extend CTS with this functionality. It seems to me that due to the release of the F-16 module and Thrusmaster's modularity, the number of such configurations will increase.

Hi Home Fries,

I am the owner of TM Cugar. As I recently found out that Thrusmaster is releasing the HOTAS Magnetic Base for sale, I am thinking of buying.

Of course, I don't want to give up on Cougar Throttle. I have read about the possibility of using TUSBA. As I understand TARGET does not support this solution but is it possible to extend CTS with this functionality. It seems to me that due to the release of the F-16 module and Thrusmaster's modularity, the number of such configurations will increase.

It is possible to have your cake and eat it too. I don't use TUSBA, but I do have both Cougar and Warthog HOTAS controllers hooked up. If I set Warthog Throttle = 2 in CTS, the profile will incorporate both the Cougar and Warthog controllers into TARGET. This way you could use the TQS for the F-16 or JF-17 and the Warthog Throttle for the twin-engine jets. In this configuration, you would use the Warthog stick for your controller either way, and you would keep your Cougar stick connected, but out of the way. The only thing you really can't do is use both throttles at the same time (though you can use the switches on the Warthog base) because Windows limits a single controller (e.g. Thrustmaster Combined) to eight axes.

EDIT: if you want the same functionality as TUSBA, you can still plug in your HOTAS Cougar and set Warthog Stick = 1 and Warthog Throttle = 1 in CTS. Then the profile will exclude the Cougar from TARGET, allowing you to use the axes as a separate controller. Again, you could remove the JoyX and JoyY axes from your controller profile and stick to the TQS as a separate controller. Then just keep your Cougar stick connected, but out of the way.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi Home. I had another idea for the Mirage yesterday, when I was practicing emergency procedures. Bear with me, this is huge :D

The Mirage has an alternative emergency throttle that the pilot can use in cause of emergency, who has its own axis. I know that the right throttle with the Warthog is basically ignored in single engine jets (at least, with the Mirage is) but it would be great if I could assign the emergency throttle to the left throttle lever because in an emergency situation I really don't want to have an eye costantly in the cockpit (moreover, the throttle is in a really inconvenient position and is really hard to interact with it using the mouse).

Since this throttle is only active when a small plate is pulled, I think it could work like this: Axes for both the normal throttle and the emergency throttle are always assigned in DCS, but the levers are kept linked with the physical link. When in need, I can activate the emergency throttle in the cockpit and unlink the levers, only using the left one. The odds of going back to the main one is very low (the emergency throttle is a last resort most of the times, and you have to RTB immediately anyway since it responds with a considerable lag); but anyway, should that be the case, I can deactivate the emergency throttle in the cockpit and go back using the right one (or try to re-link them).

What do you think? Would that work? And most of all, would that be too much of a pain for you to implement it? Maybe with a configuration option?

Edited by Lorthirk
Switched left and right throttle

Thank you for this! I have a small issue. Hopefully someone can advise.

I've adjusted SRS and my Vaicom Pro mappings as per the manual. When i'm in the A10C, using the gunpac switch activates my comms, specifically tx2 and tx5. Sometimes temporarily. Other times they get stuck hotmic'd. Is this a known issue or something on my end? Thanks again!

Hello Mr. Fries! In addition to the hot mic causing issue above on the A10C, switching to the A-10C via the script will complete, but the MFDs will still switch profiles.

LMFD gain will cycle like such for me instead of opening kneeboard:

"Done.

DCS A-10C Warthog Init Complete!

DCS A-10C MFD Defaults (0,0):

A-10C Warthog Config Complete!

Combined Arms Config

AWACS Mode Config

DCS Standard (DX) Config

Su-33 Flanker D for DCS

Su-25A/T Frogfoot for DCS

Combined Arms Config"