DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

:)

Quite a few people not going to work today. Well, not to work on the real streets. Soon as the Kitty drops, we'll all be working on learning how to raise and lower the landing gear lever.:)

in news, today world economy crashes due to no one working :)

Downloading... cya on deck ;]

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

in news, today world economy crashes due to no one working :)

Probably not but I could imagine Apex Legends at least today and for some time to come not being the most popular title any more :D

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I repaired/updated this afternoon for DCS to version 2.5.4.27430... and no option for F-14 in the aircraft below on the selection bar...or in the module manager.

What is going on? What am I missing?

(Pre-ordered Heatblur F-14 Waaaaay back in the Fall...and hope to get the T-shirt, soon, too!)

Edited by Docrings

Looks like maybe this is ONLY for the DCS "BETA" version... I have the "bought" version (althought the DCS F-14 purchase page says it requires 2.5.4 version and above...) WEIRD!

Downloading the Beta version of DCS now to a different folder, so we'll see if I can get the F-14 to load then....

Of course 31 GB will take all night....

/R

Doc

Edited by Docrings

Looks like maybe this is ONLY for the DCS "BETA" version... I have the "bought" version (althought the DCS F-14 purchase page says it requires 2.5.4 version and above...) WEIRD!

Like all Early Access modules, this one was released to the OpenBeta branch first.

You can install both Stable and OpenBeta in parallel, which is completely fine. Or if you're low on disk space or want to speed things up, you can always switch an existing installation between branches following SkateZilla's excellent guide:

Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules

The command in question would be:

dcs_updater.exe update @openbeta

• 1 year later...

Need a bit of help here. Last night I managed to shoot down two friendlies BVR, using Jester and the Phoenix. Obviously completely my fault, but why?

I asked for the radar range I wanted (200 - just off the boat PG map), TWS mode and watched Jester interrogate and classify targets as we drove the 150 miles to the SoH. Pick up a flight of six inbound. Rio six shooter follows (me pulling the trigger one after the other) based on the six ranked targets. Six hits, two of whom are friendly.

What did I do wrong? Is it possible they weren’t using IFF? Why would Jester classify two bluefor as hostile? How can I double check to make sure everyone about to get some medicine is the right target?

Thanks!

Need a bit of help here. Last night I managed to shoot down two friendlies BVR, using Jester and the Phoenix. Obviously completely my fault, but why?

I asked for the radar range I wanted (200 - just off the boat PG map), TWS mode and watched Jester interrogate and classify targets as we drove the 150 miles to the SoH. Pick up a flight of six inbound. Rio six shooter follows (me pulling the trigger one after the other) based on the six ranked targets. Six hits, two of whom are friendly.

What did I do wrong? Is it possible they weren’t using IFF? Why would Jester classify two bluefor as hostile? How can I double check to make sure everyone about to get some medicine is the right target?

Thanks!

Do you know for sure that Jester misidentified the contacts, or is it possible that there were friendlies engaging them ahead you, that you didn't see? Once ARH missile go active, they can target anything occupying the space it's intended target is expected at. So a friendly killing your intended target at close range just before intercept can frequently result in fratricide.

I've done the same thing :( ... my read was that if missiles take 90seconds to reach the target, friendlies can move in that time looking to engage the bandits and get smacked from behind - even if you call it on SRS, people aren't going to realise whats happening. Really Tomcats need to be out in front to use their big sticks!

• 1 month later...

Downloading the Beta version of DCS now to a different folder, so we'll see if I can get the F-14 to load then....

Of course 31 GB will take all night....

/R

Doc

it definitely works with dcs you need to get help in the thread there. I havee several shelved f14 dcs campaigns