DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

Just a FYI, I should be able to slam on the airbrakes on the F-14 and ANY jet that's tailing me will be forced to overshoot me.

I'm not familiar with how they came to the move in the movie production, but it would be interesting if it was actually referring to the <90 degree Cobra the F-14 did in tests.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Just a FYI, I should be able to slam on the airbrakes on the F-14 and ANY jet that's tailing me will be forced to overshoot me.

The so called "Cobra" flown by any aircraft is a formula for instant death. It is a great show exhibit, but with another aircraft on your tail that is close enough to overshoot - you are already dead!

• Like 1

^^that's right

another thing about the "cobra" --- the SU doesn't NEED this maneuver - its already got such a substantial performance advantage that it makes this stunt even more of a joke to consider it seriously as a viable tactic

if SU fanboys knew how to fly their platform properly, they wouldn't focus so much on gee-charlie-whiz-bang hocus-pocus buck-rodgers magic wand silver bullet maneuvers to save their bacon

they'd just go out and kill bandits

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

gee-charlie-whiz-bang hocus-pocus buck-rodgers magic wand silver bullet maneuvers to save their bacon

they'd just go out and kill bandits

What it means LOL

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

What it means LOL

It means 2 things:

1. The 27 is such a good plane all across the envelope, you don't really need to resort to post stall maneuvers to win. If you fly it well that is.

2. Cobra and other similar post stall maneuvers seam to have acquired the attributes of a "magic wand" in the wide internet culture..... a sort of "cure all disease" pill. And that is besides the fact that flying anywhere near the part of the envelope where you can perform it, is a best bet of getting yourself killed (unless in a WW1 environment or against extremely inexperienced/inapt enemy).

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know if they are going to tell us if the f-14 page in their website will be up, or if we will have to find out our selfs.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I want to know if they are going to tell us if the f-14 page in their website will be up, or if we will have to find out our selfs.

Not up yet, I imagine that someone will post it shortly after they update - though likely one of us crazy forum members.

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully soon.

-Nick

Yes I would imagine they will post an update when their site is up and live with F-14 stuff... Leatherneck has certainly been the best I've seen at keeping us updated.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Yes I would imagine they will post an update when their site is up and live with F-14 stuff... Leatherneck has certainly been the best I've seen at keeping us updated.

In my opinion they are not as good as they could be to update the community. They announced monthly newsletter. After three, where the last was very late, they cancelled this. The website didn't get any love since Mig21 is out and an updated site with news about the F14 and for the Mig21 is overdue as well. I'm sure there are good reasons for this.

Mig21 is by far my most favourite module. Great job and every day a joy to fly. As of now public relations shows some potential and unfortunately is not of the quality you would expect judging by their product.

Edited by KEULE

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

In my opinion they are not as good as they could be to update the community. They announced monthly newsletter. After three, where the last was very late, they cancelled this. The website didn't get any love since Mig21 is out and an updated site with news about the F14 and for the Mig21 is overdue as well.

Don't get me wrong. Mig21 is by far my most favourite module. Great job and every day a joy to fly. As of now public relations shows some potential and unfortunately is not of the quality you would expect judging by their product.

I'd like to hear more from them too, but if it's mostly coding and rough work, i'd say it's hard to write anything really interesting, and keeping the other planes quiet, even though we've all got ideas what they are, kinda builds suspense, and I guess gives the devs a bit more room to breath...

just going to let the product, and not its advertising, do the talking... we shall see...

• Like 1

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well said Hadwell. Based on their previous 'outing' the Mig21bis, I would say that Im very confident that Leatherneck will deliver the best quality full DCS study-sim possible.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

In my opinion they are not as good as they could be to update the community. They announced monthly newsletter. After three, where the last was very late, they cancelled this. The website didn't get any love since Mig21 is out and an updated site with news about the F14 and for the Mig21 is overdue as well. I'm sure there are good reasons for this.

Mig21 is by far my most favourite module. Great job and every day a joy to fly. As of now public relations shows some potential and unfortunately is not of the quality you would expect judging by their product.

I can't agree at all. We hardly get any word out of DCS except a sporadic update with few details and still little to no real knowledge on release dates of modules like the F-18(could be another 2years at this rate lol). Leatherneck has released photos, answered questions and in general given us more info than any other module builder. Would I love to see more? Sure but I'm also happy and thankful for what they have been releasing...oh and BTW if you read their last update more closely Cobra said they would go away from monthly updates and do more frequent smaller progress updates as things happen...that's actually more info coming our way rather than less.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Well said Hadwell. Based on their previous 'outing' the Mig21bis, I would say that Im very confident that Leatherneck will deliver the best quality full DCS study-sim possible.

I dont think there would be a problem with the overall graphical quality of the product, that is a strong side of LN but not so much the working of the aircraft systems. The Mig has quite simple systems and LN was not able to implement those accuratelly. Take a look at the bugs and problems threads at the Mig forum. If only I saw one single finished product from LN I would believe that they are capable to put a real beast together like the tomcat...

I dont think there would be a problem with the overall graphical quality of the product, that is a strong side of LN but not so much the working of the aircraft systems. The Mig has quite simple systems and LN was not able to implement those accuratelly. Take a look at the bugs and problems threads at the Mig forum. If only I saw one single finished product from LN I would believe that they are capable to put a real beast together like the tomcat...

Hmm...people are entitled to opinions, even without a basis in reality.

I feel rather differently about it, I guess that we will continue to disagree (which is a good sign from what I can tell).

-Nick

Please elaborate and explain. With the exception of the A-10C, the MiG-21 is the most detail oriented aircraft in DCS, and while not perfect appears to have very few bugs. Besides, sometimes the "simple" manual systems are sometimes harder to replicate because the sim can't just use the "actual" data but has to create its own algorithm for the instrument (e.g. air data computer), induce barometric lag, etc..

Well there's things like the RS-2US and GROM missiles that don't work with the newer radar the bis has, but they already know this, and kept them anyway probably just to increase the amount of weapons the mig-21 can use, the ASP is a little awkward for shooting the cannons, you can't carry 8x R-60s or R-60Ms, but you can carry 4x R-60 and 4x R-60M, so that makes no sense at all.. and from what I've read in the translated manuals, you can carry 4x R-13M1s, but in game you can't, need to make sure the RATO switches are off till the ground crew says "rearming complete" or even if their in the on position, they wont fire or jettison till you turn them off and back on again, if you take off with RATO pods, jettison them, when you land and re-arm, no matter what you do, you lose your RATO pods the second they spawn in, need to cycle all the RATO related switches and press all the RATO related buttons, and then re-arm again after you lose them... but most of the other bugs seem to have been worked out, not that I'd know what they'd be...

I guess all those fall into the minor bug category though.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
...oh and BTW if you read their last update more closely Cobra said they would go away from monthly updates and do more frequent smaller progress updates as things happen...that's actually more info coming our way rather than less.

Right. He wrote and I read this. The keywords are "more" and "frequent". And I can't see any frequency. Despite...one newsletter in a year and this continuing for 10 years creates some kind of frequency too.... :smilewink:

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Right. He wrote and I read this. The keywords are "more" and "frequent". And I can't see any frequency. Despite...one newsletter in a year and this continuing for 10 years creates some kind of frequency too.... :smilewink:

I appreciate your opinion but please try to be accurate in your critiscism.

There have been 5 major updates this year (2 F-14 Updates, 1 F-14 Announcement, 2 Monthly newsletters).

The more frequent updates won't begin until somewhere towards August as we announce the next two aircraft slated for release in 2015.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Considering the fact that its only been like 3 months since we were officially informed about this project and the abundance of information we have already been given, I think they have been really good at keeping us in the loop, (probably more so then any other developer) That's my opinion. Also their Mig-21 is boss!

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: