Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Also the ka50 as far as i know was at first rejected because of not having night capability .

Somone alse might know better but i would presume the version in the game is an early one because no Samshit-50 , no night vision but i'm not a helicopter man and i barely fly the module.

Later as far as i know it evolved into the Ka52.

KA-52 was already in development when the KA-50 was in testing. There was no "evolving" from KA-50 to KA-52. The KA-52 is like a Su-30 of the Su-27.

The KA-52 was originally planned to be the flight lead aircraft, so you have a flights of KA-50 and the commander sits in the KA-52 assigning the targets to each KA-50. And as well providing the Air-to-Air cover via radar and target search via Air-to-Ground radar.

The KA-50 we have was one of the few units (four commanded, two was first batch) that was in the Chechnya in 1991 for combat trials. It was upgraded just before selecting to BUG, and one of the upgrades was KABRIS.

After the combat trials the experience from KA-50 was analyzed and then it was set to new trials in one of the combat test areas etc. And based the praising feedback that was received in the combat trials about easy of operational use for pilot and effectiveness to perform combat tasks, first serial production variant was drafted. It was about adding IR suppressors, Missile warning systems, night vision capability, MFCD's etc based pilots opinions. After the testing of those the KA-50 received a another serial production plan. And that was the one that got ordered by military for serial production next to KA-52's. So both were to be put on action.

Our KA-50 never existed further than that short time when it was in the Chechnya combat trials, and KA-50 was highly developed further from that testing unit.

And that is likely the reason why KAMOV gave ED access to it over 12 years ago, because that specific unit was just parked somewhere as obsolete variant with old technology, that was not anymore in the KA-50's that was taken to production.

But funding was canceled and delayed and just played around, so KAMOV couldn't get to produce the KA-50 as ordered and it eventually was cancelled as Mi-28 was chosen to be in production, even when it was well known by military that Mi-28 can't perform in the conditions where KA-50 specifically was greatly performing. And after the Mi-28 operational times, they found out that they need something that only KA-50 was capable for, and as KA-52 was already finished and made for exports too, they chose to produce it.

If there would have been export market for a single pilot combat helicopter, KA-50 would have been in production ready, but it died because that. While KA-52 was kept alive.

If we could get the final serial production designed KA-50, it would be something completely different than what we have now. It would be close to like KA-52 is now but just with one pilot, minus the A-G radar.

The KA-50 died by political reasons, killing its funding.

But considering that KA-50 was/is a single pilot helicopter, it was great idea for a DCS as it is so unique by that point of view.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Good thing Sukhoi gave up the side stick after the 37

How so?

I have wondered that why they have kept the center stick, unlike the F-22, F-35 and F-16 with side sticks. They tested those, but have seem to gone to center ones.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I always wondered if it ain't easier to reach the right console with a center stick that you can temporarily hold with the left hand. I would appreciate comments of (former) pilots that are/have been using them, very much indeed. All others' who know aswell btw.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

So, it is not Su-35!

Talking in Russian forum about various things I asked Chizh if they can do Su-35 - that was after he said they are capable of any aircraft of any era.

He said it is not possible as there is no licence nor documents.

I guess that was obvious and already known to some extent. Well, one "eagerly awaited, mind-blowing, milestone setting, aircraft" crossed out of my list now.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I guess that was obvious and already known to some extent.

Indeed

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Tornado is the only Plane I am still interested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eine Mahnung an mich und Andere, und für alle Foren:

Sei respektvoll zu anderen.

Halte andere nicht für respektlos. Vielleicht ist ihr Kommunikationsstil nur anders.

Thinking about it, the Tornado is actually a possibility. Its eagerly awaited (in other words, a wishlist for it pops up about once a week somewhere on the forums) and could represent a milestone in the way that all technologies developed over the past few years (multicrew, A/A or A/G code reuse from Hornet/Viper, FLIR rework etc.) come together in one module. They also have not spoken about it being developed previously and it is not overly classified for ED (assumption right here, it left UK service last year) to make an accurate model out of it.

Or its the Apache.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

In the 2020 DCS manual, there is a Flanker on the cover and the first big picture is an Apache illustrating the Instant Action chapter, curious choice.

So, let’s say it will be the Apache

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

In the 2020 DCS manual, there is a Flanker on the cover and the first big picture is an Apache illustrating the Instant Action chapter, curious choice.

So, let’s say it will be the Apache

can you provide a link (WWW) to the mentioned manual? (bc the stable DCS User Manual does not show it yet)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Like the overwhelming majority of DCS Players i'm Single Player - and like many I get my Warbird fix from IL2 BoX

I suspect i'm far from alone in this so "Eagerly Awaited"

Definately has to mean Single-Seat (sorry Tornado/Aardvark/Intruder Fans) and probably cold war or modern.

The new A7E fits that to a "T" (but is third party) so maybe an F15C/Mig29/Su27

My personal desires Mirage 3/Kfir/Jaguar/Super Etendard are certainly too "niche" to be described as eagerly awaited!

Airbag_signatur.png

can you provide a link (WWW) to the mentioned manual? (bc the stable DCS User Manual does not show it yet)

You can find a link here to a forum member's shared copy.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4236083&postcount=9

Only other place it can be found is with the 2.5.6. beta release. The copy on ED site is still ancient. Doesn't look like they've updated it in years.

Eagle dynamics have changed their facebook cover photo depicting F-15C, so I am pretty much sure the new DCS module will be a full fidelity F-15C. I am still surprised that someone expects ED do something Russian or some Su-35 for that matter, I think this is outright sci-fi. However I would love them to do Su-25A, Mig-29A (9.11) or one of the first versions of Su-27S, but sadly seems like nothing of that is in their medium or long term plans :(

Eagle dynamics have changed their facebook cover photo depicting F-15C, so I am pretty much sure the new DCS module will be a full fidelity F-15C. I am still surprised that someone expects ED do something Russian or some Su-35 for that matter, I think this is outright sci-fi. However I would love them to do Su-25A, Mig-29A (9.11) or one of the first versions of Su-27S, but sadly seems like nothing of that is in their medium or long term plans :(
I believe it might be related to this weekend F-15 and Su-27 free use.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I believe it might be related to this weekend F-15 and Su-27 free use.

S!

Maybe, maybe not. At the end of the day the C Eagle wouldn't really bring anything game changing to DCS world in terms of "new tech" unless they actually model the EW/ECM suite in detail. It should be a fairly straightforward module to develop for ED, and would handily leverage all tech on the F16/18. You basically have the TWS radar stuff in game already, FM's etc are already basically done. You do need to model a bunch of switches/procedures etc but ED is good at that. Its low hanging fruit IMO for their fixed wing team.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah I would say its also same case for Su-27. Give it clickable pit to access more its avionics. Add the R-77 with more polished FM then also add data link fighter to fighter within flight members then redfor fans should ready to go

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Yeah I would say its also same case for Su-27. Give it clickable pit to access more its avionics. Add the R-77 with more polished FM then also add data link fighter to fighter within flight members then redfor fans should ready to go

The Su-27 in question can't launch R-77s. I can't recall, but we have either a Su-27S or Su-27P. We'd need an SM3 for R-77s, if memory serves. Not that I'd complain, I load the Hornet with Sparrows even when AMRAAMs are available. :joystick:

Su-27 probably has more people 'eagerly awaiting it', and would add more to game-play, but as Harlikwin pointed out, F-15 probably represents more sales dollars returned per dollar of development invested...

I'm not sure it'd "add more to gameplay" but it'd certainly be welcome. Still, the F-15 would bring in more cash, no doubt.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I would prefer a full fidelity MiG-29 over a full fidelity Su-27 :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, actually I had a paragraph under the one I wrote but deleted it.

IMO it would be somewhat harder aside from whatever license problems they have. Realistically they would have to add DL functionality which is rather different from what link16 is. Possibly the same for the radar, it works somewhat differently than western radars (to what extent that might be modeled is an open question). And if you really think about it, it would need some sort of decent GCI system since they typically worked much more in that context. Though perhaps thats more applicable to the 29.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Maybe the game changing part would be the 2nd best fighter in the United States Air Force being able to be simulated in detail for the first time? If they weren't able to do it before, being able to do it now would certainly be game changing.

There was rumors and hope given long ago.

I've always wanted a full F-15C module, so I hope something happens in that regard.

I was mainly talking about systems in terms of "game changing". I agree as a fighter the eagle is amazing. But from the 30,000 foot view, we already have a ton of bluefor jets, so it would be just another one. And which "year" would they do? The one in game is early 90's from what I can tell.

Su-27 probably has more people 'eagerly awaiting it', and would add more to game-play, but as Harlikwin pointed out, F-15 probably represents more sales dollars returned per dollar of development invested...

Yeah, I think I've seen way more people ask for more redfor jets over my brief time here than anything else. Hence my interpretation of eagerly awaited.

The Su-27 in question can't launch R-77s. I can't recall, but we have either a Su-27S or Su-27P.

We have the Su-27S - the Su-27P is air-to-air only and does not have any air-to-ground capability(unguided rockets/dumb bombs).

We'd need an SM3 for R-77s, if memory serves.

Just the Su-27SM