SATAL 2020

M0ltar

After a great talk with M0ltar discussing the issues at hand and solutions , as well as the constant fixing of issues with the current missions and bugs , we are very confident with the way things are looking and as such I am pleased to inform everyone that DCS-HAF will be remaining in SATAL 2020!

Once again our thanks to M0ltar for extending his advice and reassurances.

DCS-HAF

Happy to have you guys back! Glad we could get on the same page about the things you were concerned about.

All missions have been updated, saved using the new update, and added to the DCS World Events servers.

If you would like a link to the mission repo so that you can use the missions for training that link can be found below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q8VnKICslnI4ksKX5OQSKk0wqD_PSIXB

DCS World Events would like to welcome BlackHog to the SATAL ranks. BlackHog makes some awesome complimentary button boxes that are designed to fit on the Thrustmaster Warthog and other mounting setups. They have graciously contributed $2000 worth of hardware to the Diamond and Gold Leagues that will be awarded to the winners of each league after the end of the season tourney.

Again, welcome to BlackHog and be sure to stay tuned throughout the season for more information on their upcoming hardware. See you in the skies!

• 1 month later...

Here is the first video in our new Thrustmaster video series. These videos will include supercuts and highlights of all the matches before and after they stream. Big shot out to Alpha-Whisky for being my man behind the scenes! Remember stream number 1 kicks off Tuesday 1500z! See you there!

DCS SATAL 2020: 36th Stormo Virtuale VS Eclipse Task Force Supercut

• Thanks 1

Why is the SD-10 the most restricted with only 2x so-10 when everyone else get 6x aim-120 or 4x AIM-54?

There are multiple rule sets. The teams are allowed to choose which rule set they wish to use prior to the match.

• 2 months later...

This issue has been discussed on Discord, but I am posting here for transparency.

The issue being addressed is that the Hornet currently has a bug that allows for magic INS on missiles when launched and lock is dropped. This is caused by the memory mode on the Hornet. People abuse this by increasing the memory to 32 seconds which effectively allows them to launch and immediately egress and not have to support their missile.

In order to stop this from happening Hornet pilots are now required to use a memory mode of NO MORE THAN 8 SECONDS! This should be more than enough time for everything that needs to be done. Furthermore, in order to ensure that this is being followed I need EVERYONE to submit personal tracks from this point on regardless of aircraft. So no matter what you are flying; JF17, F15, Su27, F18, F16, doesn't matter - Your entire team must now submit personal tracks after your match. These tracks will then be uploaded along with the server tracks and tacviews to the DCS World Events Google Drive.

The reason to have everyone do it is simple. It makes it very very easy for us to go back and look at everyone's flight and see exactly what happened regardless of the issue. It also prevents us from having to request them in the future. Lastly, it allows me to stream peoples first person cameras for matches along with external views. This should take SATAL to the next level visually from a streaming stand point.

I know this is a pain in the ass to some, but in all fairness I think having everyone simply submit their personal tracks along with the other required information after each match ensures the most fair competitions that we can have from all sides. Team leads can simply collect the tracks, 1 for each round flown from each person that flew, zip them up, and upload them to the google drive into the specific match folder.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Again, I know this can be a pain, but as an organizer I want everything to run as fairly and equally as possible and with all the exploits and bugs in the game currently I think this is the best way to do it.

So will the streaming of 1st person cams be a consistent thing now? If so it would be really neat from the viewers perspective, regardless of why its needed.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

So will the streaming of 1st person cams be a consistent thing now? If so it would be really neat from the viewers perspective, regardless of why its needed.

Hopefully. However it won’t start on the streaming side for about a month as we are about a month behind us on past matches.

• 3 months later...