Win10 and i5 3570K?

Anyone have any experience with a similar hardware configuration and going from Windows7 to Win10?

I've been waiting for a while now for the OS to mature and I guess its probably safe to say it's growing pains are kind of over, would it be a worthwhile time to upgrade or should I just stick with Windows 7 until I get a new PC?

My full specs are in the signature.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Anyone have any experience with a similar hardware configuration and going from Windows7 to Win10?

I've been waiting for a while now for the OS to mature and I guess its probably safe to say it's growing pains are kind of over, would it be a worthwhile time to upgrade or should I just stick with Windows 7 until I get a new PC?

My full specs are in the signature.

If you want to keep it legit, consider that Windows 10 is about $150-$180 or so, and you'd get much more out of putting that money toward a good video card than another version of Windows.

Games perform pretty much identically in Win10 as they do in Win7. I haven't noticed anything running much better in Win10. If you already own Win7 and are using a GTX 970, I'd stick with Win7--there are much better things to blow your money on :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

If you want to keep it legit, consider that Windows 10 is about $150-$180 or so, and you'd get much more out of putting that money toward a good video card than another version of Windows.

Games perform pretty much identically in Win10 as they do in Win7. I haven't noticed anything running much better in Win10. If you already own Win7 and are using a GTX 970, I'd stick with Win7--there are much better things to blow your money on :)

AD

+1, money would be better spent else where

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Ok, thanks for the help guys. Will be sticking with Win7 for now.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

i have almost same system, win 10 are future proof, thats all. DX12 is only win 10 so decision is on you.

I cannot compare performace. I think its same.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit