how do you close the throttle in the huey?

aledmb

hey guys!

i'm trying to make my new throttle work with the huey (it's a warthog), but i'm facing two problems:

1) to start using the throttle axis, i have to press [page up] in my keyoard until it passes the detent... how can i bind this action to my hotas, if i don't want to use [page up] ever again?

2) once i'm past the off detent, i can no longer go back to the off position... what is the bind to return the throttle to off, past the detent?

thanks in advance!

1) don't think you can have it as part of the throttle axis I'm afraid. You need to have a button on the hotas assigned to [Page Up] or use the mouse on the throttle handle.

2) same as above, but with one addition: you need to pres the button (with mouse or assignment, I don't know what key) just front of the throttle on the collective to get it past the detent. Then press [Page Down] or use the mouse.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

hey guys!

i'm trying to make my new throttle work with the huey (it's a warthog), but i'm facing two problems:

1) to start using the throttle axis, i have to press [page up] in my keyoard until it passes the detent... how can i bind this action to my hotas, if i don't want to use [page up] ever again?

2) once i'm past the off detent, i can no longer go back to the off position... what is the bind to return the throttle to off, past the detent?

thanks in advance!

There is a little black button on the collective just above the throttle handle. When the throttle is at idle, you need to press this button (with the mouse - not sure if there is a keybind for it) to release the lock and then you'll be able to twist it the rest of the way to the off position.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

I have a TM Warthog HOTAS myself. If you lift the throttle handle in the idle position, you can pull it even lower, past a physical detent. This sends a "button press" action to the computer. Should be possible to bind that to page up/page down?

thanks for the replies, guys!

but the problem with (1) still persists.

unless i press and hold [page up] until it crosses the idle detent, my hotas cannot move the axis when i enter the simulation... it doesn't matter how much i move the hotas throttle, the axis just doesn't change value... once i press [page up] and cross the idle detent, my hotas suddenly becomes active and can manipulate the axis just fine.

so, the problem with (1) is that i'm required to press [page up] to start using my hotas... so, effectively, the game forces me to use 2 controllers to change that axis.

as for (2), i'm not able to close the throttle with that button on the collective and my hotas... i have to push that virtual button and then use my mouse to rotate the throttle past the detent... that small range past the detent is not part of the throttle axis.

so, essentially, i'm looking for a way to remove the need to use the [page up] and [page down] bindings, which feel totally unecessary in a simulation where you have physical controller for that axis.

so, essentially, i'm looking for a way to remove the need to use the [page up] and [page down] bindings, which feel totally unecessary in a simulation where you have physical controller for that axis.

Welcome to the ALMOST perfect world of DCS!

Simply can't be done at the moment.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

On my wh the throttle is assigned to the gray friction lever right of the throotle

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

On my wh the throttle is assigned to the gray friction lever right of the throotle

is that some default you're talking about?

can you move the throttle axis as soon as you enter the simulation?

can you see the axis moving?

This is my TMWH code:

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, DX_ZROT_AXIS);    [color=#32cd32]//Throttle (Pre-AB)[/color]
   SetCustomCurve(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, LIST[color=#808080]([/color][color=#ffffff]0[/color][color=#808080],[/color][color=#ffffff]0[/color], [color=#ffffff]65[/color][color=#808080],[/color][color=#ffffff]100[/color], [color=#ffffff]100[/color][color=#808080],[/color][color=#ffffff]100[/color]));
   MapKey (&Throttle, IDLELON,    CHAIN( PULSE[color=#808080]+[/color]DX1, DOWN[color=#808080]+[/color]DX2, D[color=#808080]([/color][color=#ffffff]1000[/color]), UP[color=#808080]+[/color]DX2));                                             [color=#32cd32]//Throttle cutoff past stop, DX1 throttle stop button, DX2 throttle decrease[/color]
   MapKey (&Throttle, IDLELOFF, CHAIN( DOWN[color=#808080]+[/color]DX3, D[color=#808080]([/color][color=#ffffff]500[/color]), UP[color=#808080]+[/color]DX3 )); 

It's not pretty but it gets the job done. Timed events are pressing buttons for throttle dec., throttle inc., and the stop button. The throttle on the Huey acts weird in general. Using just keys for throttle decrease, throttle increase, and throttle stop switch you find weird behavior.

If you are above the stop point and holding the throttle decrease command then the throttle will pass the stop point when the stop button is pressed. However if you push against the stop, ceasing the decrease input, and press the stop button, the throttle cannot decrease to minimum. Basically you must be actively commanding decrease throttle at the time the button is held. Even though the button looks like it "sticks" in it doesn't. You can't pre-set the button in and get past the stop with throttle movement.

Axis movement by joystick is impossible, the axis only corresponds to the range of throttle twist between the stop and max. You can't command via joystick axis any position below the stop nor can you leave the min-to-stop region by axis either.

Mouse wheel or mouse dragging is difficult but not impossible. You must be actively commanding less throttle by mouse wheel or dragging and then press the stop button at the same time. If there is a slight hesitation in the mouse wheel or mouse drag then it will not go and you'll have to release the stop button and press it again.

Basically you must be actively commanding decrease throttle at the time the button is held. Even though the button looks like it "sticks" in it doesn't. You can't pre-set the button in and get past the stop with throttle movement.

Well, I need only to click the button with the mouse and then move the throttle (with the mouse) to get past the stop. Indeed act as it sticks for me.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Axis movement by joystick is impossible, the axis only corresponds to the range of throttle twist between the stop and max. You can't command via joystick axis any position below the stop nor can you leave the min-to-stop region by axis either.

yeah, i guess that is the issue here.

but maybe they could make the bottom part of the axis range (from bottom to idle stop) part of the throttle axis, no?

that way, we could simply press that button and move the throttle all the way down.