2.5OB update to 2.5 Stable?

deltaleader

Will the 2.5 OB update to 2.5 Stable at some point? Or do I need to reinstall everything?

I have been on 2.5OB and the updater says I have the latest version 2.5.0.15365.345. It's just not clear if the Open Beta version will update to Stable though the normal update process.

Asus Strix X299-XE, Intel 7820X @4.6ghz, 32GB G.Skill Ram, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro x64, WinWing F-18 Hotas, Couger MFD's, TrackIR, Buttkicker, Volairsim pit.

To do so, open your 1.5.8 release version and it should prompt you to update to 2.5 release version. When it installs it should copy most of the files from your open beta install to save on file downloads.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

To do so, open your 1.5.8 release version and it should prompt you to update to 2.5 release version. When it installs it should copy most of the files from your open beta install to save on file downloads.

I dont have 1.5 installed, just 2.5 OB. So if I download the stable version installer, can I just install over the existing folder? I am guessing if I do that, it wont change the folder name to just DCS World but use the old convention of DCS World OpenBeta.

Asus Strix X299-XE, Intel 7820X @4.6ghz, 32GB G.Skill Ram, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro x64, WinWing F-18 Hotas, Couger MFD's, TrackIR, Buttkicker, Volairsim pit.

Just install 2.5 stable and the installer will do all the work for you. You will end up with both the stable version and the open beta on your computer. You can then chose to uninstall the open beta if you wish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agree with Axelerator, when you run the install, the package will put DCS in the correct folder by default.

P.S. - It should install to DCS World and your previous open beta should be in a folder called C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta. If that's the case, the installer will find your old files and copy them.

Edited by sslechta

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Good idea, that whole Config folder in Saved Games. During the install I recall it did tell me it was copying files from the open beta.

Steve (Slick)

I thought it was re-downloading everything but yes, it says copying from OB folder. So that is good!

You should be golden then. Good luck and have fun!

Steve (Slick)