Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad to hear that the post office will hold it if I can't sign for it. That didn't quite work out for me today. I had ordered a slew upgrade for my throttle (I'm in the Pacific NW of the US). At 1:03 pm the delivery person said that they were leaving a note that no one was here to sign. Then at 1:06 a mysterious person (who obviously didn't come out of my house) stepped in to sign and take it away. The sad thing is that they will have no idea what it is and will never be able to use it. I don't trust anything to be delivered to my residence anymore.
I had this sort of stuff happened to me as well last year in the apartment complex I lived at. The weird thing was that you needed a key anyway to get into the buildings and it seems that neighbors adjacent to me would be taking packages (hotel looking style apartments like high rises) or the delivery people wouldn't know which building it was so they left it outside or in or around another building.

I once left a package at my door on purpose but filled it with packing peanuts and waited to see if anyone would take it. Sure enough three days later it was gone. I should have put dog poop in there.

Glad I moved out of there and now the place I live at looks like condos and packages are left outside unless signature required but each place has a small roof over the door and its still the same county but I guess people are more respectable here.

Since they have not shipped yet looks like they got to you and hopefully changed your address. I just hope whatever I ordered gets shipped before I have to move again but now I know I'll be able to change the address if that ends up being the case.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Direct form Virpils site......

The VPC Constellation Delta Grip is compatible with the following bases:

VPC MongoosT-50 Base

VPC WarBRD Base

Yes I saw that, but maybe Virpil could explain why the Delta will not work with the Warthog base even though it has the same connector? I imagine maybe the analog hat and the mouse wheel wouldn't work may be the reason.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Yes I saw that, but maybe Virpil could explain why the Delta will not work with the Warthog base even though it has the same connector? I imagine maybe the analog hat and the mouse wheel wouldn't work may be the reason.

Due to the other axis's not supported on the TM base. Connector is not the issue, the functionality is!

If you want compatibility with the Warthog base then the T-50 is your only option.

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Outstanding service. Really top notch. Makes me very pleased that I decided to place an order with Virpil!

Agree I have always found their support to be most excellent. When I was having troubles early on we even communicated back and forth on a weekend.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dammit, wanted to buy T-50 base&stick, but by the time I sorted out financial matters, they went out-of-stock. Any info when they will be available. again?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Dammit, wanted to buy T-50 base&stick, but by the time I sorted out financial matters, they went out-of-stock. Any info when they will be available. again?

Interesting I think that is first time I have seen that from them, usually they have been accepting orders and shipping in couple weeks or so. Maybe because they have their hands full trying to get throttle and WarBRD out?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'd expect that after they ship stuff out next week, if it indeed does not happen to be another delay, that you would be able to place an order after that. I was checking their site a long time ago for months before I pre-ordered the warBRD and a grip and I always saw stock.

One of my friends wasn't able to order and found someone on eBay selling two T-50's. He really likes the base compared to the warthog but he needs to mount it and unfortunately the guy from eBay sent him the left hand grip instead of the right hand one. So he's trying to sell the grip and use his warthog grip with the t50 base. Not sure if he sold that grip yet, I can't imagine it would be hard..I know there are people looking for dual setups but no base for it so that may make it harder.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

We are currently working on opening our dedicated US distribution channels - we're working on this as fast as we can but there are no solid dates just yet!

Thanks for the quick response ...I couldn't wait ...I ordered the WarBRD Base a few minutes ago! Thanks again...

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I'm currently considering to buy the T50 base as a replacement for my Warthog base. I have mounted my Warthog at a slight angle which gives me a very ergonomic grip but it also makes it hard to e.g. just give aileron input without also giving elevator input and vice versa in some situations. E.g., when rolling left, it's hard to not pull at the same time. I believe this is largely due to the ball gimbal design.

What I would like to have is that each axis "feels" a certain way so that I just give the input I want without any parasitic input on the other axis.

The way the T50 base seems to work with different cams and springs this seems to fit my needs. Can anyone confirm that the axes indeed feel different (or can be made that way)?

I'm currently considering to buy the T50 base as a replacement for my Warthog base. I have mounted my Warthog at a slight angle which gives me a very ergonomic grip but it also makes it hard to e.g. just give aileron input without also giving elevator input and vice versa in some situations. E.g., when rolling left, it's hard to not pull at the same time. I believe this is largely due to the ball gimbal design.

What I would like to have is that each axis "feels" a certain way so that I just give the input I want without any parasitic input on the other axis.

The way the T50 base seems to work with different cams and springs this seems to fit my needs. Can anyone confirm that the axes indeed feel different (or can be made that way)?

Yes, you can make it feel that way.

Agree, you have independent axis adjustments along with option of different spring strength per axis if desired. Even different cams if you want to get crazy with it.

It is way better even at stock in that department than the Warthog.

Don B

Thank you!

If I use my Warthog grip with the T-50 base, will it also identify as a Warthog stick, i.e. can I use it with TARGET then? I guess not, though.

If not, what do you guys use as a TARGET replacement? Home Fries' TARGET profiles are just so terribly convenient, I'd hate to lose those...

Thank you!

If I use my Warthog grip with the T-50 base, will it also identify as a Warthog stick, i.e. can I use it with TARGET then? I guess not, though.

If not, what do you guys use as a TARGET replacement? Home Fries' TARGET profiles are just so terribly convenient, I'd hate to lose those...

Dcs will recognize it as a warthog grip. Not.sure about target. I never used Target and assigned everything in game which is what I will do in this case too.

You have to re-bind all your controls if you place the TM Warthog grip on the T-50 base. The reason is the buttons have different DX numbers compared to those on the original Warthog grip.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD

Agreed just bind everything in game, no need for TARGET really. DCS has a great controller setup GUI.

Don B

I was also considering buying a Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog since desk mounting is not a good option for me (thin glass table and there's only a very slim mounting area due to a crossbeam of the frame).

Has anyone tried to mount the T-50 with the Wheel Stand? I guess you'd need some kind of adapter plate. At least there is no mention on compatibility on the website .

I was also considering buying a Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog since desk mounting is not a good option for me (thin glass table and there's only a very slim mounting area due to a crossbeam of the frame).

Has anyone tried to mount the T-50 with the Wheel Stand? I guess you'd need some kind of adapter plate. At least there is no mention on compatibility on the website .

This is the Virpil U-Bracket for mounting. Note it is attached to the front side of the gimbal.

Hmm can't seem to attach the pic, sorry if I figure out why will try again...

Ok here it is in this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3436534&postcount=1852

Edited by dburne

Don B

I have the Warthog stick adapter and i just had to drill one extra 5mm hole.

8lScLhJ.jpg

Perfect, I’ll be using that method to mount mine on my WSP as well until I get the tub for my cockpit built. Very simple, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Anyone here using a T-50 with a FSSB R3 base? I'm thinking of getting a T-50 for that base I have. I wonder if the grip is strong enough to hold up to force sensing.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Anyone here using a T-50 with a FSSB R3 base? I'm thinking of getting a T-50 for that base I have. I wonder if the grip is strong enough to hold up to force sensing.

I am, feels solid enough so far! Haven't applied max force, but I'm not worried atleast :)