Yet another warthog slew upgrade - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 12:19 AM   #121
smallberries

Can't wait for mine to arrive! Hot diggity!
smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #122
xoxen

In lack of money I´m very much interested in the cheaper development. If this would come similar to the professional solution it´ll be very much appreciated.
Keep up your good work. With people like yours flight simming is even more fun. Thank you very much for your efforts.
Xoxen
Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z-97 Pro Gamer, 32 GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400, Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 4 with TrackClip: Pro!, Hotas Warthog with 7cm extension and Analog Slew Mod, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals
xoxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #123
mithandra

I would be interested in one of these
Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i7 7700k, Asus ROG Maximus Code, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS Extreme 1080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals

SPECTER

mithandra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #124
sdmccorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Follow up, I installed a push button to replace the one built into the original slew.

Placed just behind the speed brake. Its low profile, my thumb naturally misses it when I use the brake. I originally thought I'd install a slightly raised plastic guard around it to protect against accidental presses, but it really doesnt need it.

Carefully drilled a 9mm hole and installed this switch which I had laying around: https://www.jaycar.com.au/spst-pcb-m...d-red/p/SP0620

Its a cheap and cheerful switch which may or may not last, but its clicky and you definately know when you've pushed it.

There is enough room for up to a ~13mm hole, and there is a fair amount of room behind.

Its also in a very, very similar position to a Hornet cage/uncage button
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206468
Thermal I love what you did here. Thanks for the info. I purchased the same switch.

Question - when you mount it, does the 9mm hole allow you to push this in snugly and friction keeps it mounted (like the sensor) or did you affix this some other way? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of surface area for this switch to work with.

Just want to verify before I start drilling holes.

Thanks.

Last edited by sdmccorm; 05-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.
sdmccorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #125
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxen View Post
In lack of money I´m very much interested in the cheaper development. If this would come similar to the professional solution it´ll be very much appreciated.
Keep up your good work. With people like yours flight simming is even more fun. Thank you very much for your efforts.
Xoxen
Thanks so much for the support!!
It sounds like I might have something you would be interested in this weekend, watch this space

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #126
=Buckeye=

With the new slew, do you still maintain the ability to “push” or “click” to lock the target on the A2A TDC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rift CV1 | Custom made Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors and Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #127
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
With the new slew, do you still maintain the ability to “push” or “click” to lock the target on the A2A TDC?

Not with the force sensor version directly unfortunatly, but I do supply a cable so you can install your own switch somewhere on the throttle in place of the slew push-button, but that does require some drilling and soldering. Thermal has installed one really nicely if you want an idea of how it might look, there is a photo of this just a few posts above.

My next kit with the analog thumbstick will keep the push button functunallity on the slew though, more details to come this weekend

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:46 PM   #128
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaalphalima1 View Post
Not with the force sensor version directly unfortunatly, but I do supply a cable so you can install your own switch somewhere on the throttle in place of the slew push-button, but that does require some drilling and soldering. Thermal has installed one really nicely if you want an idea of how it might look, there is a photo of this just a few posts above.

My next kit with the analog thumbstick will keep the push button functunallity on the slew though, more details to come this weekend

Beautiful, sounds like the next kit might be what I’ll be looking for. Subbed and I’ll be keeping an eye out.

Rift CV1 | Custom made Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors and Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:36 AM   #129
Thermal

sdmccorm -

Single 9mm hole and a press fit, it ended up being quite snug. Its been happy since. I had the same concerns as you

I knew that if the cheap switch didnt work out then I could find some other more substantial/lock nut switch and enlarge the hole slightly to suit.
Thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #130
Neurowork

Deltaalphalima1 Do you sell the PCB and connection wire only ?

I did my own mod using a PS3 stick and Micro Pro but it requires an additional USB connection. I'd like a built-in solution.
Neurowork is offline   Reply With Quote