Yet another warthog slew upgrade - Page 12 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #111
98abaile
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 487
Default

I'll try and get some photos on Tuesday. If time allows I'll shoot a video.
98abaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #112
lucky-hendrix
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98abaile View Post
I'll try and get some photos on Tuesday. If time allows I'll shoot a video.
Thanks

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
lucky-hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #113
98abaile
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 487
Default



98abaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #114
voucher76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
Default

Just a quick note for anyone considering Deltaalphalime1's Warthog Slew upgrade.

Install was easy and it took about 2 seconds to get use to the new slew control, and what a difference it makes.
The slew control is touch sensitive with virtually no movement which makes it really easy to control the radar cursor. A giant leap compared to the old warthog slew control.

It may not be the cheapest upgrade, but in my opinion well worth it.
voucher76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:13 AM   #115
Deano87
Member
 
Deano87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucher76 View Post
Just a quick note for anyone considering Deltaalphalime1's Warthog Slew upgrade.

Install was easy and it took about 2 seconds to get use to the new slew control, and what a difference it makes.
The slew control is touch sensitive with virtually no movement which makes it really easy to control the radar cursor. A giant leap compared to the old warthog slew control.

It may not be the cheapest upgrade, but in my opinion well worth it.
Yep! THIS!

I'm going to write a longer review once I've had more time to test it, but this does sum things up pretty well.
__________________
DCS F-16C REALLY IS A THING! - BLOCK 50 BABY!!!

My Screenshots = FLICKR ALBUM
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #116
BlacleyCole
Senior Member
 
BlacleyCole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,457
Default

If I was to send you a throttle could you locate a used device and install ir and test it ? What would the chrge be my oscope was stollen when my house was ripped off. It was in a storage building on the property that they. Broke in to.
__________________
BlackeyCole 20years usaf
XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB
Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram


New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:42 AM   #117
98abaile
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacleyCole View Post
If I was to send you a throttle could you locate a used device and install ir and test it ? What would the chrge be my oscope was stollen when my house was ripped off. It was in a storage building on the property that they. Broke in to.
You want to ship it to the UK and then have it shipped back for a part that just plugs in and is calibrated with an app on your PC? If it's the force sensitive one you're after you don't even need to take the handle off the throttle to assemble it; it's literally 3 large and one small screw that need to be removed and you can push the stock slew out from behind.
98abaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #118
lucky-hendrix
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98abaile View Post


Thanks for the picture ! neat little mounting solution !
lucky-hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #119
BlackLibrary
Member
 
BlackLibrary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Nbg, Franken (Ger)
Posts: 222
Default

Mine arrived yesterday. Installation today in ca 20 min. Super easy with the manual from Deltaalphalima1.
Quick kalibration and i never "Slewed" so good.


I join my predecessor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by voucher76 View Post
It may not be the cheapest upgrade, but in my opinion well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	947.3 KB
ID:	184687  

Last edited by BlackLibrary; 05-16-2018 at 06:24 PM.
BlackLibrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:59 PM   #120
Deltaalphalima1
Member
 
Deltaalphalima1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLibrary View Post
Mine arrived yesterday. Installation today in ca 20 min. Super easy with the manual from Deltaalphalima1.
Quick kalibration and i never "Slewed" so good.
Fantastic! Glad to hear it's working out well for everyone!!
__________________
Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C
Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.