Can the Cougar Throttle be adjusted? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 01:41 AM   #1
GreatWhiteHype

Default Can the Cougar Throttle be adjusted?

Hello fellow pilots.

My throttle goes through the detents until 80% or so, after that last click, the throttle falls forward all the way to 100%/Afterburner. It is not able to hold itself in place. I have the tension slider all the way right or left, don't remember which, but it is maxed. It does not help. So is this fixable? I would like to get the throttle to be able to hold itself in place again.

Thank you guys, take care.
GreatWhiteHype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
rel4y

There is like a plastic shim underneath the lever that exerts friction onto the big black throttle axle. This shim likes to slip out and upwards of its correct seating, so check that. If thats not the case and the thing is just too worn out, glue or stick another (~1mm) shim underneath that plastic part and you should have sufficient friction again.

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #3
GreatWhiteHype

Awesome thank you buddy, I figured you might know. After I get your new parts for my stick I will
open up the throttle and check that out. It would not be an issue if I flew an F-22 and wanted to supercruise! Take care!
GreatWhiteHype is offline   Reply With Quote