A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #171
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Sounds like they have the bug fixed internally so it should be deployed in the next patch update.

You can skip missions by manually editing the logbook as detailed in this post.

It's for the BFT campaign but the instructions are similar for all campaigns.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #172
csakis

I am trying to do the practice mission of BFT02. Take-Off and EFATO. I take off successfully and fly toward waypoint 2, then turn heading 60 toward WP3 (EFATO), whenever I reach it, the next step in the mission is not triggered. I tried at least 10 times, the instructor never comes back to me.

PS: Other than that, I do appreciate your hard work, I love the missions
csakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM   #173
Sabre-TLA

Sorry you are having trouble. That's a known issue in the current 1.5.8 release. The mission is playable but you need to fly 500' lower than the altitude given by the FE. For example if they say fly 6000' try flying at 5500'.

ED made changes to the altitude calculations for the 2.5 Caucasus map and those changes were deployed to the 1.5.8 release.

We are updating all the missions to use the new altitude values and should have it available for the next patch update.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #174
csakis

Thank you, Sabre-TLA. Flying 500' lower did the trick.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:38 PM   #175
sze5003

Enjoying the DLC so far..played the interactive start and shutdown and passed both of those. I'm stuck on the ground handling practice mission. By the way I think its a good idea to have to pass the practice test before the real test, nice touch there.

But I keep failing the practice ground handling mission because instructor says I forgot to turn off the ILS. I checked and the notched arrow is pointing to off and not power.

Is this one of those where I have to left click and hold it for about a second? Right click sets it to power and left click turns it back off. Not sure why it is not recognizing. I am on 1.5.8.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #176
Sabre-TLA

Usually folks get fooled by the switch position so just confirm your setting looks like the attached:
ILS OFF:

ILS ON:

Also attached is an ILS test mission you can use to confirm the operation of the ILS switch on your system (it's the same test used in the missions).

Let us know if you continue to have problems and we will investigate further.
Attached Files
File Type: miz ILS Test.miz (78.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-31-2017, 11:33 PM   #177
csakis

I did this mission about a week ago in 1.5.8 and it worked without any problems.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #178
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-TLA View Post
Usually folks get fooled by the switch position so just confirm your setting looks like the attached:
ILS OFF:

ILS ON:

Also attached is an ILS test mission you can use to confirm the operation of the ILS switch on your system (it's the same test used in the missions).

Let us know if you continue to have problems and we will investigate further.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply! Your ILS testing mission that you attached worked nicely. I hear the voice over when I turn it off and on and made sure to have it match the pictures attached.

The only way I was able to pass the practice ground handling misison, was to not touch the ILS power switch at all. I set the ILS frequency and turned on tacan to T/R. Surprisingly when it came time to check my shutdown procedure the FE did not fail me for the ILS power switch!

Not sure if it's a known bug or an ED issue but wouldn't this cause problems in the later misisons for ILS landing? Seems like anytime I turned on the ILS during startup by the time it gets to the shutdown part of the sortie turning it off, it seems to not be recognized.

I should have saved the track to post it but if needed I can run it again and save it.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #179
Sabre-TLA

Yes the shutdown script is only checking to see if it's still on so turning it off prior to shutdown should ensure it's not set (unless there is a game engine bug). If it keeps happening I recommend opening a support ticket with ED since there is nothing we can do in the mission script itself.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #180
jaguara5

Have bought the Basic Flight Campaign in the past (have the suid, key and password numbers). The campaign does not appear in the campaign section and it's not listed as purchased on the module manager (if i remember correctly i bought it directly from the creator). How can i install it ?
jaguara5 is offline   Reply With Quote