P-51D Instrument Panel for Android tables

EDIT: OH WAIT... this does not work on a regular Kindle does it? What has to be done to the Kindle to make this work? I assume anything with android 4 ice cream sandwich (ICS) will work then.. I.E.. Samsung Galaxy 2 etc? I was thinking of getting one of those anyways..

I guess that is the issue, works fine on a 7-inch Samsung Galaxy 2 or Nexus 7, even on Android phones...

Maybe you can flash ICS on your Kindle, but that may be complicated and may void your warranty.

Didn't see a thing on "regular" Kindle...don't want to risk losing stuff already on the kindle.. so.. for the heck of it... I want to see if one of those cheap cheap 7 inch androids will work out with ICS installed.. does the resolution matter as to "which" android models? minimum? 1024x600 800x480? or any running ICS? would 4.1 (JellyBean) run it just as well?

At a 50.00 buy in.. everyone in DCS could have an external app runnin..

I really like the Ipad app out for DCS.. but can't justify spending that type of money on an Ipad for the game..

Edited by Fuby

Welp I got the gauges showin fine on a IView 754TPC (android 4.0.4) just fine... I have yet to get them to talk with the program..

Please forgive my NEWBness into Tablets.. as for the main directory ON the tablet.. is $HOME something to make or is this what the ROOT directory you are calling?

I actually made 2 folder setups.. one with just starting Saved Games in root and one with $HOME in root.. so it should pick up one or the other..

As for user name.. although I tried all ways.. to BE sure.. do I include [] around username or just the folder path and name used?

I have telemetry and export.lua inside computer folder.. and inside tablet folder..

I think "I am" just missing something in the setup. done it everyway I can think of with no results from the tablet other than seeing the gauges when I run the app. it says version 1.9 under app info.. and the RPM does switch windows fine to gas gauges...

Edited by Fuby

hey Fuby,

- $HOME is your Windows user folder, for instance C:\Users\Fuby\, it already exists and contains several folders (My Documents, My Pictures, Saved Games...)

- the brackets should not be included, just your username (Fuby or John Doe or whatever...)

- telemetry and export.lua don't need to be on the tablet

- as Leon said earlier, try to open a command prompt on the computer and ping your tablet to see if you get a response

I hope this helps!

hey Fuby,

- $HOME is your Windows user folder, for instance C:\Users\Fuby\, it already exists and contains several folders (My Documents, My Pictures, Saved Games...)

- the brackets should not be included, just your username (Fuby or John Doe or whatever...)

- telemetry and export.lua don't need to be on the tablet

- as Leon said earlier, try to open a command prompt on the computer and ping your tablet to see if you get a response

I hope this helps!

So nothing installed on TABLET but the app from Google Store? NO Directory tree needed on TABLET?

The device pings fine and IP is in the file..

host2 = host2 or "192.168.10.12" -- android IP in telemetry...

dofile( "C:\\Users\\just the username\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\telemetry.lua ") last line in Export.lua

just the username= my actual name with no [].. straight to users files as tree designed.

EDIT: It all WORKS fine now...was my darn ROUTER!!! The TABLET can ping and you still can have blocked ports it seems.. FIXED!

Can Verify those cheap IVIEW 754tcp tablets do indeed run this app fine once you double check your router ports!! http://www.walmart.com/ip/iView-iVIEW-754TPC-with-WiFI-7-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-4.0-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Operating-System/22562411 Just a 60 buck investment..

Edited by Fuby

Fuby Hi

Yes, just you home directory as was mentioned before (assuming your login is 'fuby'):

dofile( "C:\\Users\\fuby\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\telemetry.lua ")

Please make sure to run android app first before starting DCS

Leon

Thanks guys.. and Leonpo.. please keep up the GREAT work!!! now to figure how to mount them alongside my trackIR on the monitor or under them...lol.. I look forward to gauge designs for the UH1H... actually..just replace Manifold pressure and RPM with a NAV radio Clickable there and I am good to go... hint hint.. thanks again Leonpo...

;-)

Edited by Fuby

• ED Team

Leon any thoughts about doing the dials for the Huey ?

Your P-51 works great for me

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

actually i published radar warning app for f15. radar can be shown with ctrl+enter on the main display.

leon

Ummm..can you clarify this for me please? You mean already built into this app for the Androids? Or another someplace not used in android? link? Just thought the 7 inch android would be very neat for the radar for "me".. others may not think so..

Edited by Fuby

no radar version for now, too much work.

Thanks anyways Leon... maybe in the future.. when you get bored..:lol:

BTW, I looked in the download section for leonpo f15 radar app... no luck.. can you offer up a link to it please..

BTW, I have enjoyed using this app.. and only lost contact a few times with game.. 99% of the time it keeps workin and tracks just fine!

oh sweet..it works fine! this android thingy just gets better and better..at a much cheaper than apple price...:thumbup:

I thought he meant he had another app that pressing cntl-enter would make the target track screen larger(something my eyes need) inside the regular monitor.. I always get lost in these conversations.. sigh..

I added all 3 dofile lines in export.lua..I assume that's "OK" right? oops...maybe not... had a "conflict"..

Edited by Fuby

Hi guys! and thanks for put your time in this app Leon.

A question, i follow the guide but i cant run fine.

I make a ping to my Tablet and have 4 good package.

when i put "C:\\Users\\fuby\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\telemetry.lua " in the Export.lua in the end line, i need to put the -- and the " " in the addres?

thanks

brian

Edit: in my case im using the telemetryUH1H.lua

Edited by briansitu

Hi guys! and thanks for put your time in this app Leon.

A question, i follow the guide but i cant run fine.

I make a ping to my Tablet and have 4 good package.

when i put "C:\\Users\\fuby\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\telemetry.lua " in the Export.lua in the end line, i need to put the -- and the " " in the addres?

thanks

brian

Edit: in my case im using the telemetryUH1H.lua

That Fuby was for my benefit for help... replace FUBY with YOUR actual username under users.

add this total line to end

dofile( "C:\\Users\\just the username YOU have in windows users\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\telemetry.lua ")

in your case it "might be:

dofile( "C:\\Users\\briansitu\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\telemetry.lua ")

IF that's the same name your "computer" knows you as.. not the forums or the game..

and it should work fine.. IF you have a router with many computers like I have.. make sure port 6000 is OPEN to game computer....

tablet-on-monitor.jpg

Edited by Fuby