Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
Mohamengina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
There have been a lot of questions of what the new FC3 Advanced Flight Model (AFM) for missiles entails, so here is description of some of the new features:
  • Launcher platform speed, thrust, missile weight, total drag, gravity, etc. are all calculated to determine missile speed.
  • Missiles now incur realistic energy bleed that accounts for drag, induced drag and gravity. Induced drag calculates g-load and that factors the missile’s lift. Missiles will now bleed energy very quickly if the target performs hard maneuvers.
  • We added a longitudinal-load fuze arming type. The missile warhead of missile will only be armed after reaching the assigned longitudinal g-load (acceleration). Otherwise the missile will not detonate.
  • We added a limited duration to the missile’s power system (gas-generator, generator and hydraulic pump). When the onboard power system is exhausted, the missile goes ballistic.
  • We added a self-destruction timer. Some missiles will self-destruct when the timer is reached.
  • We added altitude based of self-destruction. Some missiles will destruct when reaching an assigned altitude above ground level.
  • We added a guidance timer delay. After launching a missile, the missile will fly straight from the from launcher for safety reasons before initiating the guidance stage. This is typically 0.3…1.5 seconds. For example: the R-27R missile flies unguided forward for 0.5 seconds before guidance to target starts.
  • We added parameters of loft trajectory. The initial range to target, the range of transition to proportional navigation, and initial angle of loft are all factored.
Mohamengina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #22
Witchking

Send a message via MSN to Witchking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
[*]We added a guidance timer delay. After launching a missile, the missile will fly straight from the from launcher for safety reasons before initiating the guidance stage. This is typically 0.3…1.5 seconds. For example: the R-27R missile flies unguided forward for 0.5 seconds before guidance to target starts.
[/LIST]
That explains this:

Last edited by Witchking; 09-04-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Witchking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #23
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Waiting for future realistic Air to Surface / Surface to Air / Antiship / Cruise missile AFM developing

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #24
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Waiting for future realistic Air to Surface / Surface to Air / Antiship / Cruise missile AFM developing
One step at a time
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #25
IvanK
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
Maybe in the future could get contact fuzes and proximity fuzes and the option in cockpit to choose from different arming options, taking in count that the acceleration of the missile arms the fuze and now ED had modelled this acceleration and it´s relation with arming the warhead.

Also modelling Target Detecion Devices in missiles could be a great addon.

Thanks GG.
Err what Air to air missiles do you believe have the option to select between contact or prox fusing ?
IvanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #26
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Not in the same missile.

Modeling different fuze types in different missiles and the option to adjust the fuze in relation of target size. That´s what i´m talking about.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4

Last edited by Esac_mirmidon; 09-04-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Esac_mirmidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #27
GGTharos
Veteran

I think he means the 120's target size selection, not a selection between contact and prox fuzes.

Currently all fuzes in game are prox fuzes so I think he wants to see both simulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Err what Air to air missiles do you believe have the option to select between contact or prox fusing ?

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
RoaringBones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
haha ask the people that work on sam simulator to do it
RoaringBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
boris_badinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
No, it is not. There is no sensor model revamp yet AFAIK, just the flight model.
This is not good news. Can we still expect missiles to lose track of jets when you orthagonal roll, or perform one of a dozen maneuvers that the exploiters used to shake a shot fired at them? Or dump a couple chaff and you're invincible? Can you tell me with ask this wonderful AFM are we still going to have to deal with the same major problems that plagued FC3? Also, is maddog still borked cuz the russian fan boys didn't like reality? If I want balance I'll play BF3. If the answers to the above questions are yes, ED isn't getting a dime of mine. FC2 was a POS because of the aforementioned issues. I'd like to see them get it right instead of having to wait for more unfinished software that we were promised would be fixed, but wasn't.
boris_badinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:05 AM   #30
GGTharos
Veteran

I don't think you really know what it is you're talking about.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote