UH1H huey addon

Kev2go
Go to solution Solved by Kev2go,

Was wondering if in the future BST would consider addon/DLC to have LAter version of the UH1H.

Since introduction of Rule 1.16 i cant post a manual here on these forums ( Even if It is a Distribution Level A FYI)

but looking at aforementioned US Amy Uh1H/V manual from 1988 that has revised pages up to about 1999. Basically Hueys by that point were Upgraded with GPS aided AN/ASN 175 navigation set ( but no moving map, No glass pits.) , New radios, and most importantly a AN/APR 39 v1 Radar Warning Receiver.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i haven't heard anything from the devs about new things for huey. even in latest interviews.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

That should be the first free mod the first pay mod could be a newer version huey

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Multicrew really needs to be a thing.

I know the devs are always busy as hell, but I'd like to see it as a priority now that the devs of the l-39 are also the devs of the Huey.

Maybe after heatblur drops the tomcat, #twomoreweeks, multicrew will get a bit of a boost. From what I've heard, they've done a lot of work on the underlying systems to make that work well.

Sorry, that was kinda OT.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a later version of the Huey.

I think they made a post a while back denying rumors that something like this was planned, didn't they?

Edited by Wrench
OT

images of Huey with RWR:

RWR Sensors:

12-19-131-01-50PM.jpg

Cockpit with RWR

full-32698-60987-arp.jpg

Our cockpit in DCS certainly has provisions for where the display supposed to be placed, and they do appear to have the RWR sensors on the 3d model in the nose

full-32698-60461-console.jpg

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

At least we have sensors on the external model :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

At least we have sensors on the external model :)

Ikr its a wonder why if the 3d model has the sensors, and if there is the Cockpit area where the RWR is supposed to be mounted WHy Belsimtek never made it with these features. If they wanted an earlier Huey they should have just made the appropriate model.

I mean the DCS huey is already fitted with a working Counter measures dispenser.....

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The external model does not have the sensors. It has the mounting points for them (the little “blisters”) but the sensors aren’t installed.

This is common on the real thing. There are more aircraft then there are EW suites, they typically only get installed by maintenance crews when required by the mission or for training.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

The external model does not have the sensors. It has the mounting points for them (the little “blisters”) but the sensors aren’t installed.

This is common on the real thing. There are more aircraft then there are EW suites, they typically only get installed by maintenance crews when required by the mission or for training.

then this is viable to have a Huey with an installed EW suite given it already have CM suite, along with maybe a few others things that might be present if choosing to look at revision of Post 1988 Huey's.

DOnt see problem here given ED already did a NS430 addon for L39. There should be an option secondary UH1H Huey with such features, via Checkbox or something. I cant think of anyone flying a Huey in a post Nam scenario who would want to refuse a EW suite

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Most huey pilots dont fly in a SAM/AAA rich environment unless the situation absolutely calls for it...and even then there are SEAD aircraft in the vicinity for the most part.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I’d be more interested in a MAWS and auto flare release system than an RWR, personally. IR threats are far more dangerous to helicopters than radar threats.

That being said, it’s also possible to have both.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Most huey pilots dont fly in a SAM/AAA rich environment unless the situation absolutely calls for it...and even then there are SEAD aircraft in the vicinity for the most part.

its a feature that wouldnt be hard to add or in any way require a total make over current Huey given the sensor mounts are aleady there, and would be nice to have, as it is a realistic feature. SO its just a matter of having it as an Addon. As the saying goes its better to have a given feature and not need it than not have it and need it.

As bought up Wheras there were not enough RWR kits to equip entire fleet of Hueys ( configured on basis) , On more modern utility helicopters like the Uh60 , RWR certainly appears to be a standard feature.

Remember that the AN/APR 39 was also used in various Cobra Helicopters and on the Uh60 blackhawk, though on more modern USMC duel engined Cobras ( or later life of older single engined Ah1F) and UH60L + versions this would have been the ANAPR 39A V1 which would have had alpha numeric symbology

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• Solution
I’d be more interested in a MAWS and auto flare release system than an RWR, personally. IR threats are far more dangerous to helicopters than radar threats.

That being said, it’s also possible to have both.

dont think the Huey had a MAWS though. At least not looking whats in the US Army manual for the versions they used.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro