Zero Per Cent Score ?

GAJ52

I have just completed 53 missions in the Georgian Oil War campaign, my wingman is becoming more and more useless as time goes on. I was given a task to support the forward line of troops at TP 1 and 4. I tried to get my wingman to attack the targets but he just flew round in circles, I tried all the commands available, he acknowledged each time but refused to fire a missile. I used up all my missiles attacking a fast moving line of M1 Abrams, one tank needed 4 missiles for the kill - its usually two. My score was only 30% so I had to go back and re-arm. When I got back my forward line of troops was eliminated so I continued to wipe out all the enemy forces until they were all destroyed (labels on). When I looked at my score it was 0%, I presume because I didn't protect my forces.

The wingman AI problems are killing the enjoyment in this otherwise brilliant simulation. PLEASE, PLEASE ED fix the AI wingmen and give us a patch ASAP. I know your hard at work on other areas of this sim but Black Shark is not finished !!

Thanks for listening

Glen

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

hmmm - i am playing the same campaign - not done with it yet. where do you see a score?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

wow - i've been playing for 6 months - didnt even know there was "scoring"... are there any posts showing how this works? Does it show wingman scores in multiplayer?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I hate scores. They are meaningless to me. They are never a reflection of usefulness, skill, ability, or knowledge. It disappoints me that certain scores have to be reached in order to progress in the campaign. Often I just modify the pilot profile file to give myself a different record so I can go on (I ended up on one mission where I used all of my ammunition wisely, all of my wingman's ammunition wisely, but I still didn't have enough, so I RTB, got more ammo, and it turns out my laser was burned out, and I couldn't finish the mission. At that point I gave up on the campaign).

• 1 month later...

Unsure of what the key would be on an American keyboard, but lower of the two rows next to the enter key and second towards the left.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

RtherealIN,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm confused. Not only do I not know what key displays SCORE but, what screen the score appears on, ie; Briefing, Cockpit view, Debrief? I can't find any reference to a "Score" in any of the manuals or key command lists. Or have I overlooked the obvious again?

Thanks Slug88. Now I know where the Score should appear. The ['] Key is assigned to the Score function on my Options Menu but doesn't work. Depending upon the keyboard country assignment I think this is another key assignment game similar to the Great Comms Key Mystery. That's OK. At least now I know what I'm looking for. When I figure it out I'll post it here. Thanks all.

I found a solution to the non-functioning Score key. This works in both the Real and Game modes.

The problem I had was that the ['] key was shown for the Score function on the Options menu. But, it wouldn't work there or in the missions. It also wasn't on the list of keys in the drop down menu in the Key/Button box. The following answer was to use the same process I found for fixing a similar problem with the Comm's Menu key.

Under Options/Controls, press the key you want to edit. In the case of my Score ['] key not auto selecting on the Options menu I had to manually scroll to the Score line and highlight it. Click on Clear, then on Add. Instead of selecting another key from the drop down menu line in the Key/Button box, again press the same key you are editing and the software will automatically assign a letter combination. In the case of my American/English keyboard the Score function was assigned [ ':; ] (apostrophe, colon, semi-colon) no left, right brackets. The ['] key now functions and displays the score.

Although not needed for missions, it's nice to be able to display the score as an indicator of mission progress. Sometimes it's helpful in deciding whether or not to rearm and return to the battle.

Edited by dsobbe